IGNORED

Littlest Pecan Thief: Priscilla & David Waller's Baby

happy atheist

My guess, since this is their first, is that they'll stick with something traditional. I predict some combination among Brian (his father), Michael (her father), William (Gothard), and Isaac (his brother). But really nothing would surprise me.

I wonder if there's a TLC crew standing by to film the blessed event.

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply
These two are as fit to be parents as Kim and Kanye. This is going to be a disaster.

I think Kim and Kanye are 20 million times better qualified to be decent parents than Davilla.

The term "dumb animal" does not even mean lacking in reasoning skills. The phrase is a descriptive one, meaning lacking in speech or silent.

Poor Pris- raising her kid to be ignorant in all but the bible. I mean, fine, thats less competition for atheist kids in the skilled job market and all.

Its obvious she has no concept of the behavior of sheep-and really, she talks like a dim twelve year old. Aren't fundies big on SOTDRT because of superior education? Or is it simply that they shelter?

I did find the video distribing. I really don't understand why Fundies feel that they HAVE to read the Bible to their unborn child. It's not like they won't read it/hear it everyday after they r born.

I am mostly disturbed by how not too bright this poor woman sounds. Thinking and speaking at the same time is HARD.

I have just had an idea ...

I think Pris will go ok on basic parenting but there is no way she is going to be able to home school little Wallerby. Sarah Maxwell has had lots of practice with little kids and, although her education is not what most people would call good, it's not too bad by Gothard standards. She also isn't particularly busy at the moment. I vote Sarah Maxwell be employed as Nanny to little Wallerby.

Ah, I hear you all say that Steve will never let Sarah leave home. I have thought of this. Does anyone really believe Davy will be interested in this child until it is a teenager? I think he will enjoy showing it off for a few weeks and then will be quite happy just to have a photo to show people and say "See, I fathered a son!" Same with Pris. Davy just needs to have a wife to prove he is a man. He doesn't really need her with him.

So, Pris and Wallerby can be packed off to stay with the Maxwells. Davy gets the single life he wants while still meeting the criteria of a Gothard male. Occasional conjugal visits so that Pris can have a couple of kids which will keep her happy. The children will be raised and educated by Sarah, giving her something to do and them a better chance than with their mother alone. (As the children grow they will have to be returned to their father or passed to another nanny, so they don't end up isolated in Camp Maxwell.) Everybody wins!

(I like Pris. She deserves a gentle, loving husband her is her social and emotional equal. Many people who are uneducated and/or developmently delayed have very happy marriages and make wonderful parents. Pris has really been let down by the courtship system and the decision made by her parents.)

I found that video very frightening. I felt like I was watching an afterschool special on the dangers of developmentally delayed people getting married and having kids :(

Also, that room is so sterile for a nursery. She said it had a sheep theme, but I saw no other sheep or decoration of any kind. I really hope that isn't where they plan on putting the crib. Shelf above crib is a big safety hazard :(

I'm also guessing it was one of the A Thief in the Night movies. MMS, I believe the one you're referring to is Image of the Beast. I posted about these a while back: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13075

Thank you! Yes, those are exactly the movies I was referencing. I still have nightmares about those movies. I can't imagine allowing my children to watch them. Horrific.

I think Kim and Kanye are 20 million times better qualified to be decent parents than Davilla.

At least Kim & Kanye will pawn their kid off on a nanny. Priscilla & Pecan Gleaner can't or won't do that.

I'll be surprised if the Little Pecan Thief isn't named David Waller, Jr. Especially since David Waller is already his daddy's favorite name.

I'm watching her and trying to figure out what exactly is wrong with her. Since I'm almost an SLP (in July) I can see that something is off, but I'm not sure she's stupid exactly, her prosody and intonation are very odd. I would love to talk to her IRL to get a better feel. She also seems to do an abnormal thing with her voice, talking too high and too breathy.

I did find the video distribing. I really don't understand why Fundies feel that they HAVE to read the Bible to their unborn child. It's not like they won't read it/hear it everyday after they r born.

My MIL was definitely not fundie but she read both the Bible and all the major works of Shakespeare out load to her son when he was in utero.

Thank you! Yes, those are exactly the movies I was referencing. I still have nightmares about those movies. I can't imagine allowing my children to watch them. Horrific.

I still have nightmares about them too- especially about getting my head chopped off!! I would never ever let my daughter watch them. One of the things fundies do best is creating a sense of fear about apocalyptic events being imminent. I used to be so afraid the rapture would happen before I got to have sex because the rapture was going to happen any day- all the signs were there my pastor said.

I feel sorry for Pris- she is truly a victim in all of this. I do think she will be a loving mom- but kind of in the way a 3 year old loves a kitten. Anyone remember Elmyra Duff from Looney Tunes? She would say to her kittens "I'm gonna hug you and kiss you and love you forever and never give you up." And then she would squeeze them and say "I love kittens, I love kitties, squeeze them into itty bittys!"

cgh5z.jpg

Yeah. The first was just campy, but Image of the Beast was full-on horrowshow. I'm not sure if I ever saw the fourth. They guy that made them is trying to get funding to make a fifth.

Assuming it's possible that Priscilla does have issues, it is possible that her parents DID get her therapy and this is an improvement over how she'd be otherwise.

Also, I now have the theme of A Thief in the Night in my head.

L9r6BubOD7M

I'm watching her and trying to figure out what exactly is wrong with her. Since I'm almost an SLP (in July) I can see that something is off, but I'm not sure she's stupid exactly, her prosody and intonation are very odd. I would love to talk to her IRL to get a better feel. She also seems to do an abnormal thing with her voice, talking too high and too breathy.

Yes, talking to her in real life would be interesting. (Probably in several ways!) Maybe, just maybe, she's only this off-seeming due to the pressure of being recorded. I doubt it, but it's worth keeping in mind.

Assuming it's possible that Priscilla does have issues, it is possible that her parents DID get her therapy and this is an improvement over how she'd be otherwise.

Also, I now have the theme of A Thief in the Night in my head.

L9r6BubOD7M

I refuse to hit play. That would screw my dreams up for weeks. I can also remember that clock ticking and the alarm going off. EEK! I can say my parents were horrified when they realized I had been shown those movies. They were on the extremely fundie lite paradigm (I was permitted to cut my hair, wear shorts, pierce my ears, swim with boys, etc). My Mom's father was a Pentecostal minister and she hated how she wasn't allowed to do anything, so she was quite permissive, in fundie terms, with us. My Dad also did not rule the roost. She let her opinions be made known and they decided on things jointly. This was not the case with most of my friends, however.

Yes, talking to her in real life would be interesting. (Probably in several ways!) Maybe, just maybe, she's only this off-seeming due to the pressure of being recorded. I doubt it, but it's worth keeping in mind.

Yes, I thought of that. I wonder if it was all scripted as well, I bet it was. I've never been able to watch any of the other videos, but I assume this is how she always is? Some women will talk in a baby'ish voice and it's due to a psychological issue with becoming a woman, etc, I wonder if that could be it, could make sense in her fundie-life.

One of the things fundies do best is creating a sense of fear about apocalyptic events being imminent. I used to be so afraid the rapture would happen before I got to have sex because the rapture was going to happen any day- all the signs were there my pastor said.

When my best friend went fundie, she and her husband were so sure the rapture was imminent and it was going happen before Apr. 15 that her husband quit having taxes withheld from his paycheck. When the Rapture didn't happen, they spent their kids' college funds to pay taxes because the kids weren't going to need that money anyway, what with the Rapture happening before they would ever get to college. :roll: The next year they did the same thing (no taxes withheld) and had to take out a loan to pay their taxes. The third year they went back to withholding.

I would think he might want to name his son after his dead brother issac.

I can also see David Jr. or William (after Gothard- can you just imagine William Gothard Waller?). Maybe just maybe they might use the name of one of the grandfathers

Fingers crossed Pecan Waller takes after his/her fathers side of the family. They seem to be quite smart & driven. Waller Snr was a consulting engineer before joining the cult. Which requires lots of logic & a meticulous approach to work.

Hopefully Pecan gets homeschooled by one of the Waller aunts, instead of Prissy.

Archived