IGNORED

Littlest Pecan Thief: Priscilla & David Waller's Baby

happy atheist

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lol, Littlest Pecan Thief is an awesome thread name :)

Agree. Carrying this forward because it's so freakin' scary. So TLPT is going to be like a dumb animal without sharp claws, Pris?

_TK9_p_QuPw

I have always found the Shepard/god analogy a little disturbing. A Shepard doesn't take good care of his flock out of the kindness of his heart, or love. He does so out of economic necessity. Think lamb chops and wool sweaters. The means by which the Shepard supports his/her family. they are not pets, they are marketable commodity.

Disturbing, but honest.

Wait, was little Pecan Waller born, or did the old thread just get too long?

Nevermind, I answered my own question.

Yes, David had the choice and he apparently went down the path of least resistance or most cover for him. At this point all I can do is hope that they don't have more than one more child. I don't think Priscilla is up to it. I picture her sitting in the house all day after about 9 AM staring at the walls.

I'm sure they're aiming for a full quiver, and would have even if David hadn't promised Mr. Keller to let the Lord determine the size of their family. They're near HQ though, they have friends around, so I think Priscilla will have the company of other helpmeets and their little arrows - though I wonder if she drives.

Does this apply to baby girls too? Do they also have the hands between their legs? I have no experience in pregnancy, so I would really like to know that!

The fetus they wrote the paper I cited about was actually female.

I did find the video distribing. I really don't understand why Fundies feel that they HAVE to read the Bible to their unborn child. It's not like they won't read it/hear it everyday after they r born.

Why do they want their children to grow up like 'dumb animals'?

Its inevitable considering The Littlest Pecan Thief will be homeschooled by Priscilla.

Fundies want their kids to be dumb and easy to lead like sheep are because it means theyre easy to control, and wont realise its all bullshit.

I sincerely hope that the poor kid becomes disilusioned and turns away from the movement. Because, seeing as David's off on his manly romps half the year and Priscilla can't even hold my attention for 5 secs, how is she going to hold her kid's ?

Because animals who are smart or have critical reasoning skills would question their beliefs. Much better to keep them dumb - it's the whole basis of the SOTDRT.

I sincerely hope that the poor kid becomes disilusioned and turns away from the movement. Because, seeing as David's off on his manly romps half the year and Priscilla can't even hold my attention for 5 secs, how is she going to hold her kid's ?

One question I have is how long can she hold her attention with all that is expected of her. We can expect that David will rise through the ranks at Gothard HQ so he will be traveling, leaving Pris to handle things on the homefront, raising and homeschooling the kids. I see her as someone who could get easily distracted with a bunch of kids, so maybe that will give TLPT the opening and make a break for it.

Dumb animals make the best religious followers. Religion does not thrive among intelligent independent people.

I'm still wondering about the comment he made on the Valentine's day video about how his human love doesn't last very long. Just makes me think that, behind closed doors, Priscilla is feeling pretty lonely and this baby will just be a trophy on a shelf to David. The video with Priscilla in the baby room just made me sad. It looked so sterile, and Priscilla smiled, but just didn't seem sincere. Hard to explain really.

I'm still wondering about the comment he made on the Valentine's day video about how his human love doesn't last very long. Just makes me think that, behind closed doors, Priscilla is feeling pretty lonely and this baby will just be a trophy on a shelf to David. The video with Priscilla in the baby room just made me sad. It looked so sterile, and Priscilla smiled, but just didn't seem sincere. Hard to explain really.

I have to agree w/ u when it came to Priscilla. Can someone tell me what David does that he will be traveling do much.

I get the feeling this kid is gonna get a real Bible-thumping name with a weird twist. Sheepy or Shephard or Fishes N. Loaves...

Its inevitable considering The Littlest Pecan Thief will be homeschooled by Priscilla.

Fundies want their kids to be dumb and easy to lead like sheep are because it means theyre easy to control, and wont realise its all bullshit.

On a positive note, if somehow they manage to sustain the movement for a generation or two, the little arrows/dumb animals will be too dumb to achieve one of their ultimate goals: taking over the ebil government.

on the subject of education and fundies...look up daniel wissman. that is a rare example of a smart and educated Christian fundamentalist who people should pay attention to :|

I get the feeling this kid is gonna get a real Bible-thumping name with a weird twist. Sheepy or Shephard or Fishes N. Loaves...

damn you. I started doing situps again yesterday and my abs hurt enough without that!

I would think he might want to name his son after his dead brother issac.

Issac had a twin brother. David may have to leave that name for his first son.

Archived