IGNORED

What true Godly women carry in their purse

prairiemuffin

Sorry, OT but am I right in understanding from one of the posters that she lives in a trailer? I just looked at the video on her site and that thing is huge - 2 bathrooms?! Do you really get 2 bathroom trailers?

Sorry I live in the UK in a house smaller than that thing with one bathroom so totally fascinated now :lol:

I used to live in a double-wide trailer that had 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. I think we may be stumbling over one of those "divided by a common language" things, because in the U.S. anything that can be towed down the highway, even if only once, is called a trailer. A double-wide trailer is so big that it's towed in two lengthwise halves, then put together on location. Moving it after that is not recommended, even though another term for these supersized house-shaped trailers is "mobile home."

Mobile homes are treated like cars for the purposes of getting a mortgage or home improvement loan. That is, no matter what improvements you make to them--and there are very nice, comfortable mobile homes that seem more like well-maintained suburban houses from the '50s--they always depreciate; you can't add value to the structure itself.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys, a Godly woman need never use her purse to carry a gun. That's what the blessings are for!

You know, I wrote that bit about the Molotov, and thought "Hmm, I wonder if JFC will see this. She likes explosions."

Do you have some sort of alert to discussions of weapons? ;)

I wish ;) I just like to share my limited knowledge...

It is a funny idea "what does a Godly woman keep in her purse" [handbag, right? I was super confused for a second when I heard about Paris Hilton keeping a dog in her purse. Dogs are not that small to fit in a wallet :oops: ] Tell you what, I wasn't expecting THAT list.

Ive been noticing a prepper theme with Candy too. She mentions that they have cable/satellite in one of her previous posts so it wouldnt surprise me if shes been watching Doomsday Preppers on NatGeo. Apparently they had some episode with "godly" preppers called seven trumpets or something so, that probably helped inspire her. Im actually pretty shocked that she would be watching it all. They had an "evil" lesbian on one of the episodes.

Yeah, there were two godly preppers. One with a halfwit and massacre waiting to happen, the other was comparatively less insane. Then they had an apache who was practising his survival skills. The exact type of person who I think would survive if there was a disaster and be a formidable foe to stupid slow insane middle aged men with stockpiles.

One of the comments mentions cayenne, for stopping a heart attack. My dad had a heart attack last year. Maybe I should throw a little bottle of cayenne in my already overstuffed purse?

I have a huge purse. It has a ton of receipts, bills that need to be paid on my lunch break, powder, lipsticks, Chapstick, lip gloss, a handful of pens, stamps, a few binder clips, my iPad, cell phone, tampons, a baby diaper, travel pack of wipes, pacifier, sanitizer, lotion, trail mix, granola bars, several dollars in loose change, wallet that has credit cards, a few forms of ID, debit card, and check book.

My question is just how many KJV Bibles does she HAVE? Every time I drop by her blog, she's ditched her current one for a new one.

I admit I carry everything but the kitchen sink in my bag. I have horrible eyesight so I have prescription glasses, prescription sunglasses (super sensitive to light), normal sunglasses for when I wear my contacts, emergency asthma inhaler, mirror, lip gloss, wallet, planner, feminine products, iphone (with YouVersion for multiple bibles- ha ha Candy), and rosary (I'm not catholic but it belonged to my beloved Irish-Manhattanite aunt). Alas, my purse lacks PURPOSE evidently.

Another use for Lemurknits' tampons. Tampons are more effective than bandanas for yer Molotov.

They're also more effective for plugging bullet wounds. Seriously.

A bandana for firestarting? LOL. Why not just a baggy of kindling, since she's going all in?

ETA: She'd be so jealous: I have a whole bag of survival gear, including real rope. Rations. A bunch of different ways to start fire. A generator. I'm not a prepper; I just don't think the infrastructure here could adequately protect hubby and me if there were a natural disaster that knocked out power for a few weeks.

My husband now has a trach and needs oxygen all the time and a vent at night. The vent has seven hours of emergency power. His wheelchair has about two days with easy use. The rebreather and tank filler need immediate power supplies. At any given time, then, he has at least ten hours of spare oxygen in two additional tanks and seven hours on the vent.

I don't trust panicked people in large groups. We're leaving in case of emergency; we already have a small cabin set up with a much larger generator and fairly unlimited access to fuel about two hours away.

One of the comments mentions cayenne, for stopping a heart attack. My dad had a heart attack last year. Maybe I should throw a little bottle of cayenne in my already overstuffed purse?

Why not Aspirin?

I'd love to see what would happen if she showed up at an airport (or another place with security checkpoints) with large knives and fire-starting materials in her purse.

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

A truly godly woman carries ketchup packets in her purse. With one packet you can make soup for eleventy!!!!

(I know this topic has run its course but I couldn't resist)

• 3 years later...
On 2/21/2013 at 5:28 PM, infooverload said:

When I saw she listed a knife all I could think was well there is a built in ER trip for one of the blessings. Also why not oh more useful items like a bottle of water, tampons as some people have mentioned, and a first aid kit.

I have Asperger's Syndrome so I don't get metaphors well: by 'blessings' do you mean her children? 

I have Asperger's Syndrome so I don't get metaphors well: by 'blessings' do you mean her children? 

Yes blessings is a metaphor for children in the fundamentalist community.

• 1 month later...
On 9/13/2016 at 10:39 PM, infooverload said:

Yes blessings is a metaphor for children in the fundamentalist community.

Thanks for the reply.

On 3/7/2013 at 9:25 PM, wild little fox said:

A truly godly woman carries ketchup packets in her purse. With one packet you can make soup for eleventy!!!!

(I know this topic has run its course but I couldn't resist)

I know this is old topic but here's a parody of prepping women and their handbags.

On 2/22/2013 at 7:33 PM, Olive Plant said:

Godly women pack lube in their purses, in case their headships need some emergency lovin' and they're not, ya know, particularly aroused at the thought.

I know from experience, because I am super godly.

LOL A vibrator would be more effective ;)

• 4 months later...
On 2/22/2013 at 7:40 PM, Maggie Mae said:

In my car I have an arctic survival kit that I made myself ... a deck of cards ...

I'm trying to put together survival stuff for driving and other situations in everyday life: what are the deck of cards for? Just entertainment if stuck?

2 minutes ago, Mozzie said:

I'm trying to put together survival stuff for driving and other situations in everyday life: what are the deck of cards for? Just entertainment if stuck?

Pretty much. It's a small lightweight item that can create a distraction if needed and requires no electricity. 

1. Knives go in boots, lady! Not in purses.

In my purse there is about a million lipgloss/sticks, meds, toy cars, vintage compact mirrior, 3 pairs of sunglasses, 2 perfumes and whatever crap hubs has stuck in there that he didn't want to carry. Knives only in the summer(see above).

On 10/22/2016 at 9:59 AM, Mozzie said:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

WTF did I just watch?  About that Trident in the first video (I could only stomach one of her videos), handy if something gets stuck in your teeth or you need a bit of sugar?  She already displayed her package of dental floss, and Trident is sugarless.

4 hours ago, Mozzie said:

I once had a Boy Scout tell me to keep a deck of cards in my survival kit. I assumed it was for entertainment/distraction, too. He said, "No. If you get lost, start playing solitaire. In a few minutes, someone will come along and say, 'You could play that red nine on that black ten...' "

(I was about 20 at the time and he was probably 19. Looking back, I wonder if he was trying to flirt. If he was, one or both of us weren't very good at it!)

Well, cards could be used like breadcrumbs?

• 1 month later...

Archived