IGNORED

What true Godly women carry in their purse

prairiemuffin

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guessing my contents of iPhone (for accessing heathen material ie FJ), debit card, keys (possible weapon!), 3-4 lighters, cigars, cigarettes, an ESV Bible, and writing utensils (also possible weapons!) wouldn't get praises from Her Godliness.

She should probably just not leave the house until she's raptured. Much safer and less strain on the back.

Wallet with the usual, notebook, pen, anything I need to deposit/mail/drop off today, keys, sister-in-law's spare keys, lip balm, folding ulu (AKA leaf blade), rosary, my kids' baby teeth in a zipper pocket because I have no idea where else to put the things until the youngest has outgrown the Tooth Fairy, everybody's shot records in a plastic pouch because they are too small to sit securely in my home office file folders, paper napkins because Kleenex shreds too easily, today's paperback book, folding cell phone.

Here are packing lists for some serious, non-apocalyptic-vindication-fantasy go bags: http://www.sff.net/people/doylemacdonald/emerg_kit.htm

It is called "everyday carry"

I do the same thing. But I don't live in the city. I live rural and every year there are people who drive off the road in an accident and are not found for a long time. I'm working on making my purse more if a emergency pack, plus having more things in my jeep for emergencies. But then again, I'm what one might be called "prepper-lite." I don't stock ammo or years worth of food, but I have things gathered incase we have a natural disaster.

But she doesn't actually carry those things with her EVERYWHERE EVERYDAY right?

Because that would be... ehem... yeah, wow.

I carry a purse all the time, at least in the summer, because my clothes never have pockets.

Usually I have the usual phone/wallet/keys. But I also have hand cream, a book to read and pen and paper in case I get this great idea for fanfiction :P

Whenever I borrow my dad's car, he makes sure there are blankets and matches and stuff in the car in case something happens, I think it's sweet. This list is insane. In my purse, you can always find tampons, various lip balms and lipsticks, pens and receipts at the bottom... It's a bit of a mess, really, but I'm sure I could fashion some kind of MacGyver-like weapon out of all the stuff in there.

I usually have a lighter and a piece of rope in my bag (it's just a foot long length for practicing knot tying while I wait in lines... I just realised how creepy it sounds to be carrying rope in your purse), and the other day I DID have a book on bush tucker and bush survival in my bag but that was just for reading material. I also carry normal things like a brush, lipgloss, wallet, phone ect.

Oh, god. That is entirely too much in common with Candy.

I carry a bible. It's an ibook on my phone but that's still a bible, right?

Bag = Purse, keys, phone, tampons, medi-alert information card. Nothing else needed.

I just looked in mine. 3 different sorts of anti-biotic. Diclofenac. Paracetamol. Tramadol and a thermometer. I think I'm preparing for the 'Oh shit my lady bits exploded again' apocalypse!

:oops: Now I'm sorry I laughed like a callous bitch. That is so sad.

I can't imagine letting my eight year old hear stories about how she could be killed for her faith, but no one seemed to think it was a big deal when I was a preschooler and in an IFB church. Coming up with ways to be a martyr for Christ did keep me entertained during really long and boring church services, though.

I have my wallet, a pen, a little notebook, my phone, a broken pencil, a stick of chewing gum, and some lip gloss. I'm screwed if I need to make a fire or something.

Another use for Lemurknits' tampons. Tampons are more effective than bandanas for yer Molotov.

That image just had me snorting coffee everywhere.

Thanks! If I'm ever down, I'll just imagine a betamponed molotov cocktail from now on! :dance:

I have my wallet, a pen, a little notebook, my phone, a broken pencil, a stick of chewing gum, and some lip gloss. I'm screwed if I need to make a fire or something.

WELL. You can break the pencil in two and rub them together to make a spark to burn your notebook, while chewing gum and looking all glisteny in your lip gloss.

Glamourous Apocalypse. :D

So my purse has a wallet, keys, iPhone, Chapstick, hairbrush, cough drops, Tylenol and about a 100 receipts I need to go through.

However because I live in a wilderness area with limited cell phone coverage and serious winter, in my car I have a standard car kit with flares, plus a bag with a wool blanket, warm socks, matches, and a couple bottles of water. Because common sense, not satanic apocalypse. No need to carry it around with me in a giant sack.

WELL. You can break the pencil in two and rub them together to make a spark to burn your notebook, while chewing gum and looking all glisteny in your lip gloss.

Glamourous Apocalypse. :D

Sounds like a Project Runway challenge (Bravo seasons).

My inability to make a fire with no matches or a lighter caused issues for me in Girl Scouts. So I will just put on my lip gloss and write goodbye notes to all my friends and family and just hope JFC comes by to save me.

I have never been a major Candy follower, but once in a while I'll hop over to her blog and see if there's any particularly fun craziness going on. She's dedicated a whole post to what you should be carrying in your purse (see February 13), which just struck me as particularly ridiculous.

joyfulchristianhomemaking.com/

Among the highlights:

1. Floss-not just for flossing-for ALL your emergency string needs

2. A book about foraging and a book about trapping

3. Knives! Escpecially a big one, that you can fashion a hunting spear out of (presumably also utilizing your floss)

4. Multiple methods for making fire

5. A bandana to set on fire

And, of course, most important at least one King James Bible. Probably 2 is better, so why not make it 3?

-In case you are wondering (like I was), what exactly this gigantic 50 pound sack looks like, she clarifies in the comments that her purse "with a purpose" is one of the larger ones from Wal-Mart.

She sounds like she's preparing for the end times. But why? Isn't she going to be raptured?

I'd love to see what would happen if she showed up at an airport (or another place with security checkpoints) with large knives and fire-starting materials in her purse.

You guys, we're forgetting to refer to this the right way. It's a PURSE WITH A PURPOSE.

I'm so screwed when the End Times come.

I am the worst giant bag lady. I literally carry a Harry Potter (godless heathen that I am) tote bag with a day planner, pencil case jam packed with pens, pencils, colored pencils, highlighters, etc), a mini stapler, a flash drive, a travel makeup bag, two water bottles, peanut butter crackers, a travel first aid kit, mirror, pack of gum AND mints, a menagerie of badges that I have to wear to the menagerie of schools that I do work experience and observations at, a small booklet about legal rights in the event you're ever arrested or pulled over, plus tampons and a cell phone.

In my defense I do work as a nanny and I really do need a lot of those things!

Candy believes in a mid-tribulation Rapture, so presumably she, her headship and the blessings are all going to be in the woods, eating what mom can trap and hunt. Good thing she has a spare headcovering, eh?

I can't imagine letting my eight year old hear stories about how she could be killed for her faith, but no one seemed to think it was a big deal when I was a preschooler and in an IFB church. Coming up with ways to be a martyr for Christ did keep me entertained during really long and boring church services, though.

That is terrible :( What sort of monster tells a preschooler that???

That is terrible :( What sort of monster tells a preschooler that???

I had to start sitting through some services when I was a preschooler and the preachers were always going on about "What would you do if right now the government walked in here, pointed a gun at you and said to renounce God or be shot". Then they would always have stories of missionaries being tortured for their faith and how this was going to happen in America. Got to love IFB pastor stories.

Archived