IGNORED

What true Godly women carry in their purse

prairiemuffin

The only thing that even remotely makes sense is the knife. I use my pocket knife constantly, but for normal, suburban things like opening packages, not fighting off predators.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took a look at her blog and stumbled over "The Proverbs 31 Woman", where she interprets the differents verses. Or should I say, try to misinterpret them as much as she thinks fit.

""She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard. She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms." -Verses 16 and 17

"She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff." -Verse 19

"She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant." -Verse 24

There is beauty and depth in this verses, and potential imho. And when I see, how "Candy" lowers and and ... CRIPPLES... them so they could fit into her tiny worldview, especially talking about Vers24 here ( Candy:" It is not a job. NO. THIS COULDNT BE! THIS WOULD GO AGAINST THE VISION FORUM! BILICAL WOMEN NEVER WORKED. So ladies, don´t take the bible in account - take me instead!") it makes me kinda sad. And angry. Sangry! :evil:

I'm a sinful, unwomanly woman; I don't own a purse, and I never have. I have a wallet, and I have a backpack for trips to the library, but I prefer to be unencumbered with extraneous stuff.

I guess I'm going to hell in a handbag for that. :D

I have never been a major Candy follower, but once in a while I'll hop over to her blog and see if there's any particularly fun craziness going on. She's dedicated a whole post to what you should be carrying in your purse (see February 13), which just struck me as particularly ridiculous.

joyfulchristianhomemaking.com/

Among the highlights:

1. Floss-not just for flossing-for ALL your emergency string needs

2. A book about foraging and a book about trapping

3. Knives! Escpecially a big one, that you can fashion a hunting spear out of (presumably also utilizing your floss)

4. Multiple methods for making fire

5. A bandana to set on fire

And, of course, most important at least one King James Bible. Probably 2 is better, so why not make it 3?

-In case you are wondering (like I was), what exactly this gigantic 50 pound sack looks like, she clarifies in the comments that her purse "with a purpose" is one of the larger ones from Wal-Mart.

If I tried to go to work with numbers 3 and 4, I'd lose my job and possibly face arrest. :shock:

I only carry a handbag when I'm not wearing a coat or other clothing with pockets, and only carry my keys, wallet, lip balm (basic stuff too) and gum. Clearly I am a horribly unfeminine woman :O

If I tried to go to work with numbers 3 and 4, I'd lose my job and possibly face arrest. :shock:

Well, as you WORK OUT OF THE HOME, you're clearly a godless heathen, and will be sent straight to hell when the rapture happens. So no worries there.

My purse is tiny and contains the bare minimum-money, keys, phone and a spare pad on certain times of the month. Mainly because I live in the city and probably arent going to need to make a fire or hunt for my dinner, because I dont live in the woods or anything.

From the comments:

I don't carry a bible with me, but this is one of the many reasons why I believe so strongly in scripture memory. The government may take my bible, but they can never take what I've stored in my mind.

:lol: Paranoid much?

Which is why women shouldn't have jobs!

I carry a huge purse, which accumulates detritus like old receipts, dried-out pieces of gum, etc. I also have a sock I'm knitting, in case I get bored. Top that, Candy! I'm doing womanly work with my hands, what about you?

More useful to carry a bunch of tampons.

artofmanliness.com/2012/06/05/survival-tampon/

The things on this website never stop surprising me. Who would blog on how a tampon is a survival tool?

Better tell my friends, to stop bitching about having to carry them around.

From the comments:

:lol: Paranoid much?

This is what I was taught growing up and as a child I would pretend that I was kidnapped, alone and the only thing to comfort me was all the Bible verses I had memorized. I would then die defending my faith :cry: and I would have like a freaking huge mansion in heaven for being so awesome on earth. :lol: Even Jesus was going to be impressed with what a martyr I was.

And then I got a little older and realized being killed for my faith wasn't that great of a way to die.

If I bring a knife to me, someone will arrest me.

And why the fuck would I want to make fire? I live in the city.

What if I have my period? I"m ungodly as hell then.

If I bring a knife to me, someone will arrest me.

And why the fuck would I want to make fire? I live in the city.

What if I have my period? I"m ungodly as hell then.

Don't underestimate what a zippo, lighter fuel and feminine hygiene products can do...if you're trying to light a fire on the Isle of Skye on a windy day. ;)

I carry a huge purse, which accumulates detritus like old receipts, dried-out pieces of gum, etc. I also have a sock I'm knitting, in case I get bored. Top that, Candy! I'm doing womanly work with my hands, what about you?

Cool on the sock knitting! I just switched bags, but I did have this bag I took to my daughter's when she had a baby that had my wallet, a couple of lipsticks, ID, two balls of yarn and a Clover bamboo circular needle (size 7), and three books in it. I carried a copy of The Hobbit, a book by Ann Rule and the first Jack Reacher novel. I had none of the things that this woman carries.

I'll come clean and admit I do carry a Swiss Army knife, a lighter, and a blanket in my car. As long as I have my dl, debit card, lipstick and phone in my purse/pocket, I'm good to go on my two feet.

Well, I knew there were badly made, badly researched Christian-branded versions of music, fashion, etc., but go bags? Wow, they're really branching out.

5 minutes on Google could give her much better ideas of what to put in a bag to leave lying around for us unclean types.

So....Candy the authority is in a prefab home in OK? I'm not snarking, just impressed with her proximity to Oral Roberts, et.al.

I only recently began carrying a purse, but it's only for the non-essentials. Keys, wallet, phone are in my coat pockets. If somebody grabs my purse & runs, they've gotten a good, used Vera Bradley containing lipchap, tissues and a flashlight.

Come to think of it, how could Candy forget a flashlight? That sucker has come in handy so often!

Racking my brain trying to come up with a situation where I'd need "emergency string" and floss would suffice.

So far, I've thought of needing to cut a layer cake, though I'm not sure it's an emergency. Other than that, I got nothing.

My purse is a mom purse, full of snacks, wipes (butt and nose), crayons and crap I need (wallet, coupons, makeup kit I never use, phone, Epipen, tampons). And I usually have a vicodin tucked in there somewhere, just in case a rogue migraine comes and tackles me while I'm away from home. (It happens.)

My handbag would be useless in an emergency. For a start its a 'spensive Spanish make which probably cost more than the total of all the clothes Candy has ever owned. Because i'm a frivolous evil woman.

The emergency kit I have consists of: 10+ lipglosses, eyelash curler, tangle teezer, mascara, codeine, pads, BIRTH CONTROL PILLS(for intercourse with CATHOLIC boyfriend!!!!!), lipstick all sorts of other junk. + my iphone, Kindle, sometimes iPad mini, car keys, bottle of water, more useless stuff.

I have a first aid kit in my car, a fluffy wrap thing, beer & 2 yoga mats so i'd probably be okay during the rapture or whatever Crazy Candy No Pants is convinced will happen soon.

Archived