IGNORED

Finished Knitting Projects

Terrasola

It might be fun (and possibly inspiring) to share some of our finished objects like they are doing over in the Crochet Forum.

Let's see yours. Here are some of mine:

bugmitts.jpg

layette.jpg

pocketslippers2.jpg

Those are great! I am not that talented at knitting yet. I'm working on a wrap right now, but I have a long way to go.

I love the purple sweater set. That's adorable.

Yes, those mittens are pretty neat. Did you do ribbing for the wrists, then stockinette for the body? I can't quite tell what the fingertips are. These look like a great present for kids.

edited for idiocy

I've only just learnt to knit at the end of last year, I'm really enjoying it!

We are expecting another blessing in early August, our winter, so I've been knitting some things for then. ;)

post-3772-14451996052857_thumb.jpg

post-3772-14451996053008_thumb.jpg

post-3772-1445199605315_thumb.jpg

And a vest for my older son, who will be 5 next month. He only wants me to make him green clothes, because that is his favourite colour. I think I may have to put my foot down, or he will start to look like Sparkling Lauren (or more like Majikfaerie!)

Working on another the same, but in brown for my mischevious almost 2 year old son.

post-3772-14451996053295_thumb.jpg

Glad folks like the Bug Mitts. They were done to use up scraps and to keep the mitts on my granddaughter's hands (and it worked). I did my usual K2 P2 ribbing in red as I like this type of ribbing best, then a couple of rows in garter stitch with the blue eyelash yarn (Jebus how I hate working with that stuff). Then the middle part of the mitts, including the thumbs, are done in reverse stocking stitch in medium pink and the next part is done in moss / seed stitch in a lighter medium pink. The tops are done in stocking stitch in light pink.

I think you could do "creature" mitts in any combination of fiber textures and colours, and knitting stitches as you are only limited by your imagination (and whatever scraps you have on hand). Sister Wife, perhaps you could do a pair in greens (with triangle ears) for your son. If you sneak in a coordinating colour he probably won't even notice, especially if it is a novelty yarn. A coordinating basic earflap hat with button eyes and horns would be really cool.

I am more into small projects these days because of the instant gratification hit.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a shawl I finally finished. It was sitting for over a month before I wove the ends in. I hate finishing projects. My counsoler said its because I am OCD. I think she is right. IThe ravelry page for the shawl is http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Shewearsfunnyhat/rondure-shawl. I made it for myself but ended up giving it to a friend who needs comfort right now. The colors are off. Its suppose to be turquoise and blue but it was taken under yellow lighting so it looks blue and black.

IMG_0225_medium2.JPG

I am now working on a pair of socks. Socks are something I only make for myself. I have small feet so I have trouble finding commercial socks that fit.

• Upvote 1

Aw, the comfort of a shawl from a friend - makes me want to change to a shawl for my next project. Do you use a pattern for socks? On a side note, did anyone else see the picture as a, um, rear view of a bending person?

Lovely projects! I'm about to cast on this: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library ... for-babies for a friend due in July. I've been wanting to make this, now i have an excuse!

Here's my rav page. http://www.ravelry.com/projects/pacisetamor As you can see i have what i call "Crafters ADD". Loads of stuff started. I have to take some pics of some of the christmas gifts i made but didn't upload yet.

Aw, the comfort of a shawl from a friend - makes me want to change to a shawl for my next project. Do you use a pattern for socks? On a side note, did anyone else see the picture as a, um, rear view of a bending person?

Well, now that you've put it in my head.... :lol:

I saw that shawl pattern on Ravelry, too, but I think I'm too new at knitting to attempt it yet. I'm almost done with my stupidly simple wrap thing. My next effort is going to be a checkerboard scarf, all in one colour, making the checked pattern by knitting & purling. My mother, the mad knitter, wrote down a pattern for me. I'm hoping I won't fuck it up.

Shamrock, I saw your hexipuff on Ravelry--are you doing the Beekeeper's Quilt?? I just found that and started my very first hexipuff today. It did not go well because I was trying to do it where it was mostly dark but I have high hopes for success in better lighting. How is yours going?

Shamrock, I saw your hexipuff on Ravelry--are you doing the Beekeeper's Quilt?? I just found that and started my very first hexipuff today. It did not go well because I was trying to do it where it was mostly dark but I have high hopes for success in better lighting. How is yours going?

I started it as a long term, work on here-and-there project. I have a handful done, but then everyone got pregnant and i started on some baby stuff.

Well I finally finished a couple of projects this last week, projects that were on my "to do" list for years. And I mean years. Bought the yarn then either didn't start, or started and shelved it for a long time. The big one was the Gryffindor Harry Potter scarf that was one of two scarves that I planned way back when the last HP book came out. Yep, that's how far back I am going here. The other HP scarf was a Ravenclaw (film colors) that I started five years ago, stopped and finally finished last year in time to submit it as an entry in the local county fair. I started the Gryffindor one last October. Here's a pic of it along with a couple of other projects that finally got done. I was on a big kick with eyelash yarn scarves for a while and these two are the last from the tons of yarn I bought. Both are knitted with 2 strands of yarn instead of one; I found it produced a thicker and warmer scarf, plus it gave me the ability to mix colors.

Now onto the spiral scarf pattern that Ice Twinkie so kindly posted!

post-2244-14451997169269_thumb.jpg

post-2244-14451997169384_thumb.jpg

post-2244-14451997169485_thumb.jpg

• Love 1

• 3 months later...

I started it as a long term, work on here-and-there project. I have a handful done, but then everyone got pregnant and i started on some baby stuff.

I was just making them here and there too, using up leftover bits of sock yarn, but then my ocd took over and I have them all over the place. Still a long way yo go, I figure if I'm going to do this I'm going to make the blanket big enough for my bed.

A friend's toddler likes to play with the basketfulls when she comes over.

A friend's toddler likes to play with the basketfulls when she comes over.

That sounds kind of like a ball pit but better! I can definitely see the appeal. I've only got maybe 10-15 so far. Also I've been making most of them with worsted weight rather than sock yarn because that's what I have more of, and I have yet to see if I'll be able to get different weights to come out the same size. I have a super tight gauge and always have to go up several needle sizes from the recommended one, which makes it all harder to figure out...

I've used yarn from fingering to dk and they seem to mostly be the same size. Some of them are just denser. I like the sport weight best personally, but I've just been using what I had or what was cheap. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Here's the scarf I just finished for my nephew. This is another HP scarf but knitted in his high school colors.

He's a freshman and this is going to be given as a Christmas gift to him. Now his younger brother is planning to attend the same high school next year so I have another one to make and will give both at the same time. At least this one got done early and I have ten months to do the other one. Being holed up inside due the very cold winter we're having, I got this one done in record time: a month. All my other HP scarves took several months working on and off.

post-2244-14451998662183_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

I want to share too!!! I made a dress for J's Barbie from the "Sticka till Barbie" site!! It's crochet thread and size 0 double points. Not as hard as I thought it would be, but I do need to fix the strap. Also, Barbie needs some shorts or something under, you can see her noon existent crotch!

post-2338-1445199866551_thumb.jpg

• Love 1

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Made a couple of these sweet little baby hats. Will share a picture of my socks when I'm done. 

image.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2