IGNORED

What are you crocheting now??

Lulu

I'm a crocheter. YEAH!!! :lol: Atm I'm doing the Lego blanket for thats going around pintrest. It is looking very nice. The next thing is a pokemon toy.

Who else.....

I love to crochet too! I've just started to knit, so that's taking up a bit of time at the moment, practising and such.

My son's 5th birthday is coming up, and he is Angry birds mad, so I'm crocheting him a red angry birds beanie for our upcoming Winter!

I like to do Amigurumi too, so maybe some small angry birds and green pigs toys for him to throw around the house!

I'm thinking of doing the stargan in rainbow.

The lego blocks are easy, once I sorted out the ply and hook size. I ended up usibg 2 strands of 8ply with a 5mm hook.

This is freejinger and so I am crocheting tampons. :D

That's a great use of time, AnnieC!

I would love to get Hellena over for a crochet-a-long! I think we may have more in common with her then we think :lol:

I'm teaching myself to crochet. So far, I just have random squares of single stitch. The perfectionist in me is keeping me from advancing. :oops: :( My mom and grammas crocheted beautiful things all the time: a new wardrobe for Barbie one Christmas!! I wish I had learned from them when I was younger.

While i was learning i would practice all the stitches making what i call kitty blankets. Just big enough for kitties to lay on and love. I have now graduated to granny squares and the such. Currently I'm using crochet cotton and making dish cloths and kitchen mats.

I love to crochet. Back when I had a life, I used to crochet a lot. I miss it. Now I just sit and look at all my started projects longingly and tell myself that it won't be too long before I can work on them again ;)

My most recent, almost finished project is a dog sling to carry my 2 Chihuahuas in since they like to be attachment parented. I started it just before everything blew up. My adult chi who loves all things crocheted and thinks everything I make should be for her knows it's actually for her since I would let her lay on/around it while I was making it and she jumps up on my desk and looks at me like "are you EVER going to finish my crocheted thing? EVER? EVER!!?!?!?!?!?"

I also make things for the local NICU. I just donated a bunch of hats, mittens, socks and 5 blankets and I make things for pregnant friends.

I'm being nagged to death by the puppy that it's time for bed and since I value my feet, I will post pictures of some of my projects when I get up. Sharky teeth on sensitive feet win *every* time ;)

The only thing I managed to crochet was a sausage thing in rainbow colours that go turned into a snail (as in it became the shell) by my Brownie leader, which was over 10 years ago. My mum can crochet, but I can't. It's on my list of things to learn (along with quilting, knitting, re-fashioning, DIY etc) There just aren't enough hours in the day to do fun things like crafts :(

This is freejinger and so I am crocheting tampons. :D

Are they for use? I've seen them around but they look a little bobbly on the outside so I didn't think they were for actual use

I am just now getting back to crocheting again.

I have recently finished a solid granny square baby afghan with a shell edging and am currently working on a granny square dress for my 3 1/2 year old daughter to wear for Easter. I'll have to post pictures when I am done.

• 1 month later...

I just started crocheting two weeks ago. I have now crocheted about 25 granny squares. I hope to join them up to make an afghan. Some questions: about how many squares do I need for a decent sized afghan and does anyone know any good sites (or youtube videos) to learn how to join the squares? Thanks in advance.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

I'm still making hats and baby blankets. I'm also making a "scrap" blanket from all my scraps - duh. It's just a long blanket of double crochets, with the next row in the space rather than the stitch. It's pretty cool looking. My 20 year old son has put dibs on it. Heh. If I think about it, I'll pop a pic of it.

I pretty much exclusively crochet baby blankets now. I have a never-ending stream of pregnant friends so it keeps me busy. I just finished one for some friends' upcoming little boy. I had extra yarn from it so I'm starting another one pretty much just like it to give to one of two friends expecting October babies.

I used to get all fancy with the blankets, doing different patterns, color changes, or granny squares but I suck at joining squares and patterns involve thinking so I've devolved into just doing dcs in back loops to make raised rows. I crochet while I watch TV and I can't really think about two things at once so it's either concentrate on the TV and do a plain blanket or concentrate on the blanket and miss what's on TV...so you can see where my priorities are :P

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a much better knitter than crocheter, but I just started the Happypotamus for my hippo-loving bff's new baby after I saw a finished one at an LYS. It is just too freaking cute, and I hope mine turns out. (It's on Ravelry if you want to take a look.) So far I have made three flower motifs, and they went very well. I suspect the joining and shaping will be the hard part.

So, have any other FJers made the Happypotamus? It seems like a pretty popular pattern on Ravelry.

I'm working on a scrap ripple afghan. It will be gloriously gaudy when it's done. :D

I want to make 2-3 scarves for myself in fall colors, and a shawl I found on the Lion Brand website.

• 2 weeks later...

I just took up crocheting again, after more than a decade. Apparently you don't forget how to do it, but I was never very good to begin with.

Right now I'm making a faux chainmail coif as a costume piece for my little girl. I don't know what I'm doing, it's mostly lots of chain stitches joined with slip stitches to make a net, with a little single crochet to shape things. I'm not very happy with it, it's cute, but doesn't look much like chain mail. I'm so close to done though, I figure I'll finish it off, and then try again with some different made up technique.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I made a Mickey Mouse hat for my dental assistant's son and a hot pink beanie for her. I've also been making ponchos and hats for 18" dolls. The ponchos are a little bulky for my taste but I love using up my vast quantities of yarn and I like having some inexpensive items that little girls can buy with their own money.

About three years ago I decided that it was ridiculous that I'd never made anything with thread, so made my first doily. Now I love it! I've made several doilies, crocheted around little girl's socks and pillowcases and I've done doll clothes.

All of you beginners keep it up. You will soon develop your own style and comfort level. Despite what you've been taught, everyone crochets a little differently.

• 4 months later...

I'm working on my second filet name doily-thing. Do those have an actual term, those rectangle filet pieces with someone's name in them? I did the first one last week, for Son's teacher who just got married. Second one is for his French teacher, who is moving halfway across the country next weekend.

I like filet so far - I don't have the lost stitches issue I have when doing round things, so it's easier on me than doilies. I'll have to do more and use up this mass of thread that appeared from somewhere - although I draw the line at size 30 and prefer 10 thread. I've got some that I think is smaller, and a steel hook in size 14 that just looks lethal instead of useful, but I don't think my eyes or patience are up to it. :)

Last night, I did buy a pattern from Interweave - http://www.interweavestore.com/chinese-dragon-shawl - don't know if my skills are up to it yet (it's "expert" level) but it was gorgeous.

• 1 month later...

Oh found the crochet section!

I'm currently making a giant granny blanket for my daughter's bed in silver and raspberry yarn. Bit silly to be making it in the summer but it's lovely to work up in front of Wimbledon.

• 1 month later...

I'm doing a baby blanket for my future niece. Same pattern that I used for my nephew, but with different yarn colors. I love this pattern , because it's simple to do and works up fast.

hodgepodgecrochet.wordpress.com/2012/01/18/babys-best-bumpy-blanket/