IGNORED

So where's a good place to start? - Knitting

Izzybee

I learned to knit from a kids activity kit. Of course, I was 10 at the time, but it was so simple and easy in its explanations. It also came with free yarn haha.

• 4 months later...

I'm now the proud creator of two squares of knitting that will eventually form with many others to form a blanket. I figure I can practice lots of different things on squares without having to tackle following patterns until I know what I'm doing.

I have knitted soooo many squares over the nearly 10 years I've been knitting it's ridiculous.  But it relaxes me and I feel like I've finished something when I finish one, even though they're pretty useless.  One of these days, I really must graft them together into a truly finished project. 

• 1 month later...

I've been knitting for like 4 days. I feel like I picked it up really quickly, I watched a couple of videos, made a wonky little sample, and then the next day I completely understood how to knit and purl. I'm now working on a (maybe infinity) scarf. I need to learn how to read patterns though... 

• 2 months later...
On December 5, 2015 at 10:59 PM, FrumperSeamstress said:

I've been knitting for like 4 days. I feel like I picked it up really quickly, I watched a couple of videos, made a wonky little sample, and then the next day I completely understood how to knit and purl. I'm now working on a (maybe infinity) scarf. I need to learn how to read patterns though... 

Cat Bordhi has a great video of how to knit an infinity scarf.  It's on her website and maybe on Youtube.

14 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

Cat Bordhi has a great video of how to knit an infinity scarf.  It's on her website and maybe on Youtube.

That would be her true Mobius cowl, correct? I just learned to do that cast on at a retreat last fall. It's fascinating.

I suspect @FrumperSeamstressis going to sew the ends of a long scarf together, a great way to keep from losing your wrap.

Archived