IGNORED

TEST THREAD - Smilies, Quotes, Formatting etc

Curious
Coconut Flan
Message added by Coconut Flan,

Moderation test.  

Feel free to use this thread to test out the various posting functions. Test out all the smilies, learn how quotes and linking work etc. Knock yourselves out.

A couple hints:

If you use the youtube button you only need the end part of the link. the nonsense ByxTgerlEx part. Just slap that between the tags and it will embed the video for you.

Further youtube tip provided by Thoughtful: Specifically, only whatever is after the v=

It will not work, however, if you want to post a video cued up to a particular spot, and (always? usually? I'm not sure) doesn't work if you use the url from a place where the video was already embedded, rather than right from Youtube.

the s is strikeout

link= will link you to some place offsite (or onsite) but in another window. Just put the URL after the = sign and you are [link=http://www.freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15470]good to go[/link]

url will do the same thing onsite is you add and = and the url

If you have any questions, just ask :) Have fun testing things out!

• Upvote 2

If you use the youtube button you only need the end part of the link. the nonsense ByxTgerlEx part. Just slap that between the tags and it will embed the video for you.

Specifically, only whatever is after the v=

It will not work, however, if you want to post a video cued up to a particular spot, and (always? usually? I'm not sure) doesn't work if you use the url from a place where the video was already embedded, rather than right from Youtube.

Since I stopped cursing at the computer and figured those things out a few months ago, I thought I share. :D

Specifically, only whatever is after the v=

Since I stopped cursing at the computer and figured those things out a few months ago, I thought I share. :D

Thanks! I added this to the original post :)

Is there any way to do the Trademark sign here? The "TM" one? I'm terrible with be code.

The HTML code for trademark is ; (no space between the last number and the semicolon)

It should work here:

but if it doesn't appear, then the forums don't support HTML. (Sorry, new here and I'm not sure what the forums do/do not support!)

Now going to try to post a video:

hMtZfW2z9dw

Finally, going to try out the spoiler function:

:dance:

I don't think most bulletin board languages (BBLs) support TM symbol type things, but I'll see what I can scare up on the subject.

To quote someone, (I'm putting asterisks in this to break the code--I don't feel like coming up w/ a new way, so, assume you'd remove them :) you can just add names.

So to just put in a quote, you put

This is quoted text [*/quote]

To put a name in a quote, add ="name" [*quote=Rosie O' Tulle] This is quoted text that Rosie Said [*/quote]

^comes in handy if you want to make it clear that you're quoting from somewhere

I guess my trademark idea didn't, work, but it looks like the rest did!

How do you create a quote with someone's username in it?

If you click on the Quote button in the upper right corner of their post, it does it automatically.

Otherwise, if you click the quote button in your reply area you get this {quote}{/quote} with brackets instead of curly braces. Then you insert ="postername" into the first set of brackets, like so:

{quote="happy atheist"} (again, with brackets instead of curly braces).

Is that clear, or have I confused you utterly?

eta - Hi dawbs!

hmm,m my old reference sheet does say that [tm] should be the TM symbol.

But, honestly, when I say 'old' I mean, I was working w/ BBLs 5 years ago and I'm completely out of the loop anymore :oops:

*hi! Is this how we all spend our Saturday nights? :lol:

Strikeout ooh! That's fun.

Is there any way to do the Trademark sign here? The "TM" one? I'm terrible with be code.

There is now, by hitting the TM button up there [tm][/tm]

You can also center now

and because I've wanted one for Transition Updates, but have been too lazy to make one until now I added a horizontal rule since I was adding other stuff

We be stylin' now!

Yay! Thanks, Curious! I'll be a proper Freejingerite[tm][/tm] before I know it!

:)

I keep forgetting to tell you that I love your avatar. I :romance-heartbeating::romance-heartbeating::romance-heartbeating::romance-hearteyes::romance-heartsfade::romance-heartsthree::romance-heartstiny::romance-inlove: MOOSE :)

I collect them :)

Me too. This one I spotted in a store in Maine this summer. My Headship decided it was too tacky and too expensive. I think there's nothing in the world that's either too tacky or expensive, and I told him it had better be my graduation present this May :)

xC2PqmE9XNg

Whalla! ;) Thanks for the YouTube instructions. Between my lack of coding knowledge and my NotSoSmart Phone, I was having no luck.

[link=]usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/frc[/link]

Hope this works here, and in my profile. (Not to be an ad, but it's a great tech program that appeals to all sorts of kids all over the world.)

Er, huh. I've tried using the URL button, the link button, and just typing myself. Any FJers see my problem?

[link=]usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/frc[/link]

Hope this works here, and in my profile. (Not to be an ad, but it's a great tech program that appeals to all sorts of kids all over the world.)

Er, huh. I've tried using the URL button, the link button, and just typing myself. Any FJers see my problem?

You want to put the link directly after the = like this:

[link=usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/frc]UsFirst.org[/link]

You want to put the link directly after the = like this:

[link=usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/frc]UsFirst.org[/link]

I copied this straight from Curious, thank you! [link=usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/frc]usFIRST.org[/link]

Is it not going to look like a link to me?

I copied this straight from Curious, thank you! [link=usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/frc]usFIRST.org[/link] Is it not going to look like a link to me?
Oh my bad. Try this one
[link=http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/frc]usFIRST.org[/link]

Awww Man I want to trademark that :(

Just type "FreeBirth Chicken" and then hit the button. This is one case where you don't want to put anything between the sets of brackets.

FreeBirth Chicken [tm][/tm]

ETA

Hahaha Thank you Happy Atheist. Actually just wanted to see how it worked.

• Blahblah featured, unfeatured, featured, unfeatured, featured, unfeatured, featured and unfeatured this topic