IGNORED

Gypsy Sisters on TLC

tropaka

and the trainwreck continues...seems Nettie, Mellie, a cousin and a sister-in-law from "My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding" were sufficiently interesting to warrant a new series.

Here we go, tanning with motor oil, more bleach-brushing and brand new fist-fights, maybe.

Still trying figure out how Mellie is so shameful for stripping when she was raised by Nettie (who is 38 but looks a good 10 yrs older) after their mother was thrown in JAIL.

I am certain their are Roma and Travellers seething over these shows.

and the trainwreck continues...seems Nettie, Mellie, a cousin and a sister-in-law from "My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding" were sufficiently interesting to warrant a new series.

Here we go, tanning with motor oil, more bleach-brushing and brand new fist-fights, maybe.

Still trying figure out how Mellie is so shameful for stripping when she was raised by Nettie (who is 38 but looks a good 10 yrs older) after their mother was thrown in JAIL.

I am certain their are Roma and Travellers seething over these shows.

I'll bet there are Roma and Travellers seething about these shows as they feed into all the negative stereotypes about Roma people.

Good grief! I haven't heard of anyone using motor oil for tanning in more than 45 years! That cannot be good for you for a lot of reasons.

• 2 weeks later...

I have heard people tanning with weird things before but motor oil? I mean really and then her tan in 10mins compared to everyone else should have alarmed her.

Reality tv show's scare me tbh and Gypsy Sisters are no exception

I started out really liking the UK gypsies and thought the US ones would be interesting. Boy, was I wrong. These chicks are just crazy and trashy. I watched a little and realized it was going to be about the inbreeding looney tune Stanley family and turned it off. Eh, from what I've read this new incarnation sounds more like Intervention.

I think they changed what the letters meant when someone bought the channel. They don't call it the learning channel anymore when referring to the channel and, God knows, neither do any old viewers with an ounce of brains. I miss the old shows so much and only watch Sister Wives and 19KAC. They used to have really good programming, but I guess I'm a demographic they aren't interested in appealing to anymore.

WOW! there are really people like that?? just how inane are some people.....and do they actually believe their horseshit rules of their lifestyle?

Almost like being in a cult...and some wonder why their lives suck and people look down on them. :oops:

How would you like to wake up next to one of them every morning, knowing you will have to deal with low IQ drama of the lowest order.

Mellie is pregnant & due in June. I think her wedding is on the next episode.

Bummer. I was really hoping she would stay single. Might be getting married because she's pregnant. They are totally different from the "crystal ball" gypsies that come on Nat Geo.

I read an article this morning on radar online where she said she wasn't ready for a baby yet, but her husband is happy about it. She also says she didn't believe she was pregnant for awhile, & is still smoking but trying to give it up.

radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/02/gypsy-sisters-mellie-stanley-pregnant-knocked-up-video/

• 3 weeks later...

Watched tonight's episode, I don't really know why. What is the deal with dressing babies and little girls like strippers??? A corset on a BABY? Taste aside, all the feathers and glued on rhinestones make me nervous of them as choking hazards. And I am not so sure about going tubing while pregnant... I remember the many years I was undergoing fertility treatments, so wanting to have a baby, and keeping up with a healthy diet, vitamins, organic, etc, and would have been so fucking pissed off at how Mellie is treating her body while lucky enough to be pregnant.

I watched this last night. So Mellie is looking for her father? Apparently she has never met the guy I have to wonder what he did to be kicked to the curb? As shady as these characters are, he had to be just awful.

Last night's recap:

All of the adult women on the show shout at each other via cell phone. Content is intelligible.

Finally Mellie gets them all to calm down by screeching "Shut the F*** up!!" into the phone, while simultaneously looking truly like a mad woman.

They hold a baby shower for Mellie. She's having a boy.

Apparently one them (can't remember her name) said she thinks her daughter will be married within a year. Her daughter is 14!

And I love how Nettie proudly boasted of herself going to jail for 72 days immediately after giving birth. Classy.

I watched a couple of chapters of the uk version of the gypsie weddings and it was interesting so i will search for that tv show, but the people of this show dont look like gypsies at all(at least they look a little more tanned than the ones on the uk version) so i wonder if this people are real gypsies, i mean the gypsy ethnicity... there are a tv show about real gypsies here on spanish tv and the only thing that look similar with them are the big wedding celebrations, the similar taste on clothing and the machism.

I think they claim to be Romanichal, but the term they use sounds like they're saying "Romney," lol. The series website calles them American Roma. I've seen some debates online about whether or not the people featured on My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding are really Roma at all, or just claim to be. Most of them do seem to be related or know each other, though.

I met a guy online who I think is Roma. He moved here from WV and lives with his sister in a big fifth-wheel camper. They have a "home-improvement" business. He never came right out and said he was a Roma, but he dropped hints & made a big deal about any woman he dated being ok with his heritage, culture & lifestyle.

I met a guy online who I think is Roma. He moved here from WV and lives with his sister in a big fifth-wheel camper. They have a "home-improvement" business. He never came right out and said he was a Roma, but he dropped hints & made a big deal about any woman he dated being ok with his heritage, culture & lifestyle.

For what i watched about gypsies they look physically a lot like indians(since their ancestors came from the india), there are ones that are more mixed, but they usually marry only with other gypsies and the race thing looks important to them, they were travellers in the past but not today, they have even their own language, and they have their own laws and traditions that are esential to be one. But the traditions seem a little different from gypsies of different countries( The british gypsies dont seem to check the virginity of the bride in the wedding ceremony like the spanish ones or at least in the chapters that i watched).

That guy can be a Roma for what you say, their women have to be submissive, stay at home mums, and they usually dont like not-gyspies women for marriage for that reason, They will be happy with any of those fundy womans talked in this forum though :lol:

• 3 months later...

Archived