IGNORED

What Brought You to Free Jinger?

Curious

I found FJ through Zsuzsanna. I kept seeing comments saying nasty stuff about "FJ hags" so I though, hey, those people must have some sense if her fans don't like them. So I googled and I am glad I did. Through FJ I found that Zsu's craziness was just the tip of the iceberg.

I found FJ through Jacinda's blog. It was right after she had her little meltdown over being taken to task for "disciplining" her sick, one-year-old daughter. After being royally pissed off every single time I read her blog, finding FJ was like a ray of sunshine :D

I have now learned more about fundiedom than I ever though possible. The constant train-wrecks are highly entertaining.

I forget how I found FJ originally. I've been lurking since maybe October or so. I'm a very liberal, live and let live kind of person, and the election was getting me down, and all the conservative talk about rape was super triggering, so I was reading about christian fundamentalists, hoping to find some reasonable people who felt like I did. Also I live in a super conservative area, and I'm pretty sick of all the flak I get over he fact that we don't go to church, I'm a pro choice democrat, believe that gays are human beings who deserve equal rights, and I teach my kids to think for themselves. All that fun stuff. So happy to have found a little corner of the internet with mostly reasonable people. :P

My first visit here was a few years back. Right around the time MckMama's first or second facade came crumbling down. I check in here from time to time. Have found some very interesting blogs through here.

I was curious about the Duggars because I found them creepy. I registered at the TLC Duggar board, but none of posts made it past the mod. Then I saw other posters referencing FJ, so now I'm here. I had no idea that groups like ATI/IBLP and VF existed. I know more than I ever wanted to know about fundies thanks to you guys.

I heard about it from crushable entertainment blog :)

It was a total enlightenment to know that for the past few years I wasn't alone in my disliking for how the Duggars raise their children, especially their girls and finding Jinger the most lively of the older kids.

Saw references to FJ on the Duggar TWoP site. I've been watching the Duggars on and off since their first special and find them, and some other families on the show, to be both fascinating and repellent. I want the kids to have more choices and easier lives and at the same time wish their parents hadn't had most of them. I wonder if they actually believe some of the things they seem to want us to believe. And the apparent contradictions: Why is it OK to be filmed giving birth on a toilet but not OK to wear shorts in the sweltering heat? Is it really pro-life to keep getting pregnant when doing so could result in the death of mother and/or child? Why do they let small children shoot guns but don't allow them to kiss until they're married? I'm finding David and Priscilla, since the wedding episode, to be very interesting also...

Another user (Kishiria is her name here I think) recommended it to me yeeeears ago in response to some fundie discussions we were having on another website. I come from a fundie-lite family and have a history of abuse, and she thought it would help me to read about others' stories here. I've also been fascinated by the extreme fundie lifestyle for a number of years, so this seemed like the ideal place for me. As you might imagine, not everybody IRL shares my fundie-watching hobby. I lurked for a long time and finally decided to register so I can keep up on my favorite snark. Thought I'd try to motivate myself to post even though I am kind of shy online these days.

Hi!

I was indoctrinated fundie as a high schooler and attended fundie college and then taught in fundie schools. I broke free and now I've detoxed enough that I like to look back at where I was. I find it oddly interesting now, when I look back on that part of my life I feel like I'm watching a movie, very detached. I still have fundie immediate family which makes things interesting. I'm a bleeding heart liberal crazy now, full pendulum swing there. Anyway, I stumbled here by way of a recovering fundie facebook page I think. I was reading for months, decided to join after being locked out a few weeks ago.

My gateway fundy was Zsu. I'd heard about the "Pisseth Against A Wall" sermon and looked it up and just laughed and laughed. But then I wondered, "Wait. What? Really? There is a congregation of people who go to hear this?" so I googled FWBC's website and on that site was a link to Zsu's blog. I went fundy surfing (wasting far too much time) for weeks (and often enough after the first few weeks) and eventually, I found fj mentioned in comments.

As I posted on the intro thread,I have been into reality TV for years. I started watching the Duggars during 17&counting.I think the "naming Jordyn-Grace" episode was the first one I saw.I remember seeing all those kids with J' names,wondering why Anna's name didnt start with a J, &why were her&the oldest boy dressed alike?-and then cut to scene of her on Josh's lap(which already,I found out-of -place with the immediately obvious family values)..lol.Ya,they hooked me right away.

Im also really interested in childbirth&pregnancy,as well as theology,cults in particular.Ive been lurking around on the internet for a few months,&got frustrated that some of the best info/convo about this Gorthardite,ATI,pop-culture-fundie-cult-world.So I finally decided to figure out how to navigate the sign-on process.So this is my 1st and only board.

As I posted on the intro thread,I have been into reality TV for years. I started watching the Duggars during 17&counting.I think the "naming Jordyn-Grace" episode was the first one I saw.I remember seeing all those kids with J' names,wondering why Anna's name didnt start with a J, &why were her&the oldest boy dressed alike?-and then cut to scene of her on Josh's lap(which already,I found out-of -place with the immediately obvious family values)..lol.Ya,they hooked me right away.

Im also really interested in childbirth&pregnancy,as well as theology,cults in particular.Ive been lurking around on the internet for a few months,&got frustrated that some of the best info/convo about this Gorthardite,ATI,pop-culture-fundie-cult-world.So I finally decided to figure out how to navigate the sign-on process.So this is my 1st and only board.

I meant to say FJ had the best info:-)

Yet another Duggar-led discovery here. I was on holiday in the USA years ago and came across a TLC marathon. I couldn't believe these people were being portrayed as being such a great family. I was horrified by everything I saw and had to keep watching in a train-wreck kind of way.

I had been on a snark board for years (survivorsucks) so it was natural for me to google "Duggar family snark" when I got back home. I think DWOP came up first, but I found that hard to read. The yuku board was second and I got lost there for several days before discovering it had been raptured and folloing to the new board.

Since then I have lost many, many weekends reading epic threads and branching off to various blogs.

I can honestly say I am much better educated about various religions, having found this board. Oh and you guys make me laugh.

I found FJ about two months ago? while looking for more info on the Wissmanns. I found some of their music on a girl's blog liked it, so I was hoping to find more, and find something about the makers of it. Well, I found FJ and started following the Snark section till it got blocked then I went ahead after a few weeks of absence and joined.

A friend of mentioned FJ a few years ago and so I googled. A couple of years ago I read a book YA book called "Faking Faith" as part of my YA Lit class in library school about a girl who discovers the blogs of homeschooled fundie teenage girls and fakes her own. She ends up going to visit the most popular blogger and discovers that it is not all sunshine and roses. That reminded me of FJ and so I started reading more regularly.

I came to FJ via FK (FreeKatie) which is also on yuku. There was a topic on the Duggars, probably around kid #16. Someone from there linked to FJ and I became hooked.

Not a newbie but posting anyway ;)

I started reading fundie blogs after the episode where Josh and Anna got engaged. I was horrified and fascinated all at the same time, so I had to learn more. I googled "christian courtship" and found a few blogs I started to read, YLCF courtship stories, and No Longer Quivering. No Longer Quivering then led me to Free Jinger!

I'm shamelessly posting here just to get to 75 posts. I don't remember how exactly I found FJ originally, but I became hooked on fundy blogs and forums because I was born and raised in a very conservative part of the US but turned out a liberal heathen. I find it fascinating that people with a background superficially similar to mine can go so far off the religious deep end.

I mentioned this in the intro thread, but I came across this forum when it was mentioned in another forum- talking about the woman who's supposedly been pregnant for eleven months. I'm in equal parts fascinated and horrified by religious fundamentalism and have had close calls falling into the wormhole of evangelical Christianity (not so much fundy-dom, but for some of my friends it was a gateway drug that way) and, at another point, Mormonism.

Am I the only one who came here for the Jewish gossip and stayed for the crazy Fundies? I'm a Jewish convert and found FJ about a year ago when there was the falling out between Skylar Curtis (You're not crazy) and Chaviva. I had no idea exactly what the hell had happened because they both freaked out and deleted everything in an effort to hide their tracks from the rabbinate or something. So I found an FJ discussion on it and realized there was actually a connection between my interest in orthodox Jewish blogs and my random interest in how crazy the Duggars are. It was a glorious moment. Anyway, I was in Africa for school so I didn't have reliable enough internet to actually register at the time. (I would load a bunch of threads in the morning and then spend my day reading them..yeah...sad.) I just got back and..here I am!

I heard about it through reading the blog called Razing Ruth. Somewhere I read that this blog is named after Jinger Duggar and kind fo in celebration for a bit of moxy the girl shows despite her upbringing.

Been meaning to check it out here for months, finally got around to doing so.

I hope I can remember my password.

I heard about it through reading the blog called Razing Ruth. Somewhere I read that this blog is named after Jinger Duggar and kind fo in celebration for a bit of moxy the girl shows despite her upbringing.

Been meaning to check it out here for months, finally got around to doing so.

I hope I can remember my password.

You can get a password reset from the system (on the log in page) or email me at the owner address if you have password problems. I'm happy to help members with problems. Just please include your user name if you email me :)

I had been a lurker for some time on the old boards and finally decided to register so I could contribute to the conversations. I have volunteered since the mid 80's with abused women and children and began to be suprised by how many of the woman were justifying the abuse based on their religious upbringing. I then began to become interested in cult like mentality. I started with Scientology, the Children of God, and Warren Jeffs. I felt so strongly about the mind control, the seperation from family, the sexual and physical abuse that I dedicated myself to helping any person who wanted to "break out" of their religious bondage. I have worked mostly with scientologists, one light minitry members and some Orthodox woman in NYC. I also work with one of the largest safe havens for runaway and sexually abused children headquartered in Manhattan. It has been heartbreaking , exhausting and at times infuriating work, but I love every minute of it.

Seeing a woman realize that she is more than just a "helpmate", or begin to think of herself as her own person is so rewarding. At times watching a grown woman make the FIRST decision regarding her life, on HER OWN, can bring a tear to my eye. Helping a young girl realize a dream that unfolds OUTSIDE of a patriarchal home or begin to believe that there is more to life than marrying young and having children is precious gift. And realizing that many of these so called "Religions" prey upon the weakest and most defenseless among us has strengthened my resolve to continue my volunteer work.

I have found free Jinger to be a community of like minded people, who may not always agree with one another, but are respectful of the differences they share. It is a place to learn and teach and laugh and support other people on their quest for knowledge, and I am grateful that I found it.