IGNORED

What Brought You to Free Jinger?

Curious

Tell us a how you found us or what brought you to our little corner of the internet :)

I ended up on FJ when the board was started after discussion of the Duggars at TWoP started getting restricted to the show only, because people were posting other stuff about fundamentalism.

Then I got hooked on reading up about fundamentalism, because I wasn't aware of the Quiverfull movement, always had a fascination with FLDS, had no idea about IFB, and have been interested in the differences in denominations and faith practices for years.

Though I read more than I post, love reading up on the stuff that is posted here.

I google "TWOP Howard is a Jerk." I had hardly paid attention to the Duggars before this, and wasn't aware of all these fundy bloggers.

This made me laugh out loud. Still laughing. Used to visit TWoP regularly. Posted under this same name for quite some time, probably starting in 2002, maybe? Then Glark, Wing and Sung sold the site to Bravo. (Think those are their names.)

I had one interaction with Howard after she became a mod; she used post under the screen name Orion7; where another TWoP poster "modded" me for "boards on boards" in a thread (might have been the Duggar thread). We exchanged a couple of TWoP pms about that, and then, it seems she just went off the rails. Editing posts for stuff like not having a period at the end of a sentence. Well, that may be an exaggeration...

This made me laugh out loud. Still laughing. Used to visit TWoP regularly. Posted under this same name for quite some time, probably starting in 2002, maybe? Then Glark, Wing and Sung sold the site to Bravo. (Think those are their names.)

I had one interaction with Howard after she became a mod; she used post under the screen name Orion7; where another TWoP poster "modded" me for "boards on boards" in a thread (might have been the Duggar thread). We exchanged a couple of TWoP pms about that, and then, it seems she just went off the rails. Editing posts for stuff like not having a period at the end of a sentence. Well, that may be an exaggeration...

I read TWOP if I'm following a particular show but I rarely or possibly never post. "Glark, Wing and Sung"... I had to look this up, because it sounds like the name of a wacky law firm. The founders were Glark, Wing Chun, and Sars. I wonder if any of their posts still exist on the site.

From what I remember, they didn't really post a whole lot except for admin stuff. Mamajunebug may remember better than I, as she also was around in those days -- I think she posted years ago that she was even a reader back in the MightyBigTV days or the Dawson Creek blog days (can't remember what they called it then). Glark was the one pushing merch, and I remember MMJB writing that what was delivered in her Ts wasn't what was promised, and Glark gave her grief about it.

Back then, I was recapping "Star Dates" and one of the "Real World Challenges" for a now defunct reality TV site and reached out to TWoP when they were talking about needing recappers, prior to the Bravo era.

Wing was so kind in her reply. "There is no good way to say this. Why do you think we would want you to write for us?" she wrote.

I laughed out loud when I read that, I thought it was such an *sshole response. Kept reading and kept writing, until the Bravo mods (aside from Pembleton) starting really laying down the heavy hand.

If you can find some TWoP archives cached somewhere, look up any recap ever by Pembleton. Such a fun writer. My faves were her "And now, it's time for the most awesome thing I saw on TV last week" segues during her recaps.

Crystal Paine's 'Biblical Womanhood' blog - now defunct - which I came across when I was looking for frugal recipes. It opened a whole new world for me - unfortunately! I visited for the recipes and then stayed to explore fundamentalism.

I'm another one who came by way of TWOP. I never watched the Duggars, but I enjoy reading about their fuckery, so when the 19 Kids thread was closed for a while, I found my way over here. I lurked for a while before registering, but I was not around in the Yuku days.

Zsuzsanna led me here.......

I'm not quite sure how I found her blog, although I know I knew about her husband before I knew about her blog, and the commenters kept mentioning "free jinger hags". I first googled it when the yuku rapture was happening, do google sent me there and i read the old yuku boards for quite a while before lurking then registering here.

When I first heard about the Duggars years ago, I found the TWoP thread about them and started reading it. I got really annoyed with the heavy-handed modding (even though I wasn't posting, the "handslapping" for minor issues bugged me). I read it off and on for several years, and at some point I found my way to the FJ forums - and was glad to be here instead! Haven't been back to TWoP since. It was in 2011, I think a few months after the forums moved here from Yuku. I lurked for over a year before finally registering.

I'm also here because of TWoP's thread about the Duggars, but lurked on the old Yuku page, and eventually joined after the rapture. I've also had a fascination about the FLDS as well as the Duggars. I didn't stay long on TWoP because of the heavy moderating, and handslapping over minor things.

I lurked over at DWOP for years as I did research into Gothardism. I found out what kind of freaky they have going on in their faith. Then, when Michelle miscarried "Jubilee", I felt I was getting enough over there, so I came by here. I got interested in the other bloggers discussed & have been interested in LDS & FLDS too.

Tabby sent me. I stumbled across her blog while doing a search on Messianic Judaism. Apparently, some Free Jingerites had made some comments that offended her; her complaints led me here.

Sadly, she rarely blogs these days, but she keeps promising to start up again. Here's hoping!

I used to watch TLC when it was actually a learning channel. Continued watching it when the reality shows took over. Became fascinated by religious people with lots of isolated kids, including the Duggars. I hated their politics, but thought they were good people besides that. I googled something or other about them and there was FJ in the search results. Most of the lefty/feminist people I know can't stand even hearing about far right patriarchal fundies, so it was good to find a group of people who are willing to follow them while being horrified by them. It didn't take me long to realize that the Duggars are not good people after I started reading here.

I used to follow the discussion on the Duggars at TWoP until one time the forum was locked or shut down by the Mod [Howard or the one before] and so I went in search of somewhere else to get my Duggar fix. Found the OLD forum on EZboard [or possibly one before that - DWoP?] and followed along when it changed to Yuku and then the Rapture. I mainly lurk but posted once on one of the OLD boards, but never after the Rapture. I started off just reading about the Duggars as we are usually well behind in the show here in Aus, but I now read other threads as well. I never felt quite right joining in most discussions as I think I am older than most members [i'm 53] but will try to make more of an effort now as I can see how hard the Transition Team has worked towards making lurkers feel more comfortable. Thanks.

Also, I'm a teeny tiny bit dyslexic so I like to read through anything I type about 100 times to make sure I don't have a misspelling or a back to front word etc. :oops:

I'm another who came over from TWOP. I guess I'm kind of weird in that I would much rather read about television shows than actually watch them. I started reading the Duggar thread despite having never seen the show because I find religious weirdness fascinating. Finding FJ was a goldmine!

The whole Jubilee debacle was responsible for me coming here. I never paid much attention to the Duggars or any fundies for that matter, but was appalled by the whole thing with Jubilee and I started googling info about the Duggars. I found the old Yuku site with the heading about being FJ raptured to FJ, and I folllowed the link. I lurked for a bit before signing up and posting.

TWOP when the boards started getting locked down. Not that I was a prolific poster, but because I was a prolific lurker who enjoyed the boards more when they got off track. I totally remember the Mighty Big TV days over there. Besides the Duggars, I really enjoyed The Amazing Race threads, 7th Heaven, and Cooking Under Fire (a PBS cooking show where Todd English was full of all sorts of asshattery).

I found out about the board from the Duggar thread on TWOP. I posted on the yuku board for awhile and then never bothered registering again after the move. Finding this board definitely enlightened me about the Duggar's and fundie's in general!

I first discovered Free Jinger several years ago. I think I had been researching catholic head coverings. I've occasionally stopped in since then for some entertainment but began lurking regularly last fall. I've enjoyed reading the many snark-worthy blogs I have for mentioned here. It has been educational and enlightening.

Over the summer, I was laid out in the hospital for a few days. After growing tired of the Criminal Minds marathon, I switched to TLC. The Jubilee episode of 19K&C was on followed by the one where David & Priscilla got married. I was so annoyed by these creepazoids, but at the same time, had to know more. When I got home, I googled Jubilee Duggar, I think, and found FJ. It's been a reading obsession ever since.

I was watching 19 kids and counting and wanted to know more information about the Duggars. At the time, I thought they were just a nice, wholesome family. :lol:

• Upvote 1