IGNORED

What the Heck Are You People Talking About?

happy atheist

I ran across a mention of "Clown College" in a thread I was reading, and the way it was used (and capitalized) implies that it means a specific place (I think). Is that correct, and if so, what and where is "Clown College"? :confusion-helpsign: :confusion-questionmarks:

I checked the FJ Dictionary and didn't find it in there. Searching the forums pulled up a lot of hits that seemed to be posts using the term, but none of the ones I looked at contained a definition.

(There were too many to look at them all).

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. :text-thankyouyellow:

Clown College is used to refer to Crown College of the Bible in Tennessee, alma mater of Erin Bates and of dubious academic credentials. This is their website:

thecrowncollege.com/

I can't seem to find their course offerings handbook, but it was, uh, quite interesting.

Clown College is used to refer to Crown College of the Bible in Tennessee, alma mater of Erin Bates and of dubious academic credentials. This is their website:

thecrowncollege.com/

I can't seem to find their course offerings handbook, but it was, uh, quite interesting.

Thnaks so much! I will definitely check this out! :mrgreen:

• 3 months later...

Sorry, couldn't find it in the Dictionary, but what does TH stand for?

Probably "Talking Head" -- as in the sit-down interviews where people talk directly to the camera.

Or tinker toy house depending on your reading of it. I read tater tot.

Ooooohhh! This is one that I always wonder about!

Is the Duggar's church referred to as the Church of the Holy Storage Unit or the Church of the Holy Warehouse? They're almost interchangeable, but I do want to try and get that right :lol:

Is the Duggar's church referred to as the Church of the Holy Storage Unit or the Church of the Holy Warehouse? They're almost interchangeable, but I do want to try and get that right :lol:

Not so much with the Duggars. Zsu is referred to, sometimes as "church of the holy stripmall." The duggars were in a warehouse for a while so I guess its appropriate but there really isnt a "right" term for them.

The Duggars' home church was sometimes called the Church of the Blacked Out Windows.

The Duggars' home church was sometimes called the Church of the Blacked Out Windows.

I've never seen that. :think:

I know this might be slightly OT, but would someone please explain how I may get the smilies to work for me? I'm not really experienced with emoticon/smilies. Thank you!

I know this might be slightly OT, but would someone please explain how I may get the smilies to work for me? I'm not really experienced with emoticon/smilies. Thank you!

I'm not sure if this is what you are referring to but I cannot seem to access the 'more smilies' on my tablet but I can on my computer. The regular smilies on the right just pop right in when I tap them. But they show up as text until you actually submit your post. Hope that helps. If it doesn't I'm not your gal. :lol:

I'm not sure if this is what you are referring to but I cannot seem to access the 'more smilies' on my tablet but I can on my computer. The regular smilies on the right just pop right in when I tap them. But they show up as text until you actually submit your post. Hope that helps. If it doesn't I'm not your gal. [emoji38]

Are you usingTapatalk? It doesn't support anything but the standard smilies, so you're out of luck.

I try to remember what they are and type in the code, but that's only a few of my faces.

On the desktop web site, mobile site, or Tapatalk?

Thank you all for the help, now I've got it! :D :D :D

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have any questions but I can't sleep so I'm exploring FJ and this thread is AMAZING.

ETA: I do actually have a question. What does PP stand for? As in, Zsu and PP. Thanks!

TTH is "Tinker Toy House," the house that the Duggars bought in pieces and put together.

PP is how Steve Anderson (Zsu's husband) is commonly referred to. It stands for "Pissing Preacher," an homage to his famous sermon in which he chides men who dare sit down while urinating.

TTH is "Tinker Toy House," the house that the Duggars bought in pieces and put together.

PP is how Steve Anderson (Zsu's husband) is commonly referred to. It stands for "Pissing Preacher," an homage to his famous sermon in which he chides men who dare sit down while urinating.

Here's the Pisseth Against the Wall sermon:

[bBvideo 560,340:22ya12vc]

[/bBvideo]
  • Thank You 1

Aw, I thought it meant "Tater Tot House" because that is the most sophisticated thing they cook there. :lol:

• Haha 1

Aw, I thought it meant "Tater Tot House" because that is the most sophisticated thing they cook there. :lol:

Not a bad guess! I thought that for a while also. I hadn't spent much time in the Duggar forum at all until the In Touch story broke last month.

Thanks re: PP!

What does YMMV stand for? Based on context it seems like "your mind may vary" but that's not exactly coherent English!

Thanks re: PP!

What does YMMV stand for? Based on context it seems like "your mind may vary" but that's not exactly coherent English!

Your Mileage May Vary

• Thank You 1

I've seen TTH in the Duggar posts what does that stand for?

for a long time I thought it meant Tater Tot hotel.