IGNORED

What the Heck Are You People Talking About?

happy atheist

What are these up and down arrows at the left hand side of each post- as in the How did you get your Username thread?  I've just noticed them today!! - have they been there all  along?!

Those only appear on questions to up or down vote answers as helpful. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

• 5 months later...

I've been looking everywhere for an explanation of constipated fish- what does the phrase " waiting for a constipated fish " mean? I came across ut on the AMA discussion

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

55 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

I've been looking everywhere for an explanation of constipated fish- what does the phrase " waiting for a constipated fish " mean? I came across ut on the AMA discussion

It is a joking reference to a former member here who flounced forever when confronted with her many, many, lies and fabrications.  She was harmless but annoying with her constant one-up-man-ship and her habit of putting other posters down. 

MalteseBaby was better than everyone else, had 5 much more magnificent weddings than anyone else, was a model, had a genius child who read the NYT at age 2, had been stalked by a gun-carrying government official, was a nurse who knew nothing about heath care, had a PhD in psychology from a "European university" but knew nothing about psychology, lived in a gated community much nicer than yours in a house that was much bigger than yours ... I'm sure I'm forgetting things.

She flounced when people challenged her because she needed to take care of her "5 figure tropical fish," which was constipated.  Most of us had no idea fish could be that expensive let alone that they could be constipated.

:goldfishsad:

She's often mentioned in conjunction with DGayle who was an expert in everything and had friends who had experienced everything.  The fish emoticons are used by some members to indicate suspected lies and fabrications.

:goldfish:

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 2

Thanks for enlightening me! I would never have guessed!

The nerd that I am googled constipated fish- and read that you can feed them peas if they are constipated. Some nut asked if you could feed them frozen peas, but no, they have to be warmed, skins taken off, and cut into pieces first. 

FJ has expanded my knowledge far more than school ever did. I am a font of useless information.!

Edited by Sops2
Added content
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, Sops2 said:

Thanks for enlightening me! I would never have guessed!

The nerd that I am googled constipated fish- and read that you can feed them peas if they are constipated. Some nut asked if you could feed them frozen peas, but no, they have to be warmed, skins taken off, and cut into pieces first. 

FJ has expanded my knowledge far more than school ever did. I am a font of useless information.!

You would not have been the only FJ member to have googled constipated fish.  A whole new world! :)

Remember FJ is also a font of useful information.  And is good at contradicting bad information too.  Actually now I cast my mind back, MalteseBaby was not always harmless.  She (and her fake psych degree) claimed that PTSD could be overcome by a tiny bit of positive thinking.  I think that was the first time I called her out.

• WTF 2
  • I Agree 1

• 8 months later...

TIJWTA

For the life of me,  I can't seem to find the meaning of this.  I see it everywhere here on FJ and tried searching.   Help!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bajovane said:

TIJWTA

For the life of me,  I can't seem to find the meaning of this.  I see it everywhere here on FJ and tried searching.   Help!

This Is JIll We're Talking About. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 2

10 minutes ago, Bajovane said:

TIJWTA

FJ has a neat feature that you may not know about. If you see something like TIJWTA with a gray dotted line underneath of it, try moving your mouse pointer over it. This will cause descriptive text of the acronym to show up. (I don't know if this works on mobile.)

• Thank You 2

3 hours ago, FiveAcres said:

FJ has a neat feature that you may not know about. If you see something like TIJWTA with a gray dotted line underneath of it, try moving your mouse pointer over it. This will cause descriptive text of the acronym to show up. (I don't know if this works on mobile.)

Thank you!  Of course!  That makes sense!!!

• Upvote 2

• 1 year later...

Can someone direct me to the dictionary that Curious referred to at the very beginning of this thread? I’m getting confused again with abbreviations here on FJ

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Pleiades_06 said:

Can someone direct me to the dictionary that Curious referred to at the very beginning of this thread? I’m getting confused again with abbreviations here on FJ

I second the request. I usually read FJ on my phone so there is no way to hover

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

17 hours ago, Pleiades_06 said:

I tthink this might be it, but it may not have been updated recently. 

• Thank You 1

2 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

And welcome back!  You've been missed.

• I Agree 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, church_of_dog said:

And welcome back!  You've been missed.

Thank you! :my_blush: I've been reading again for about a week now. I missed everybody!

• Upvote 2
  • Love 6

1 hour ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Thank you! This answered all my questions 

• Upvote 1