Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
happy atheist

What the Heck Are You People Talking About?

Recommended Posts

Hufflepuffpride

Can anyone tell me what a pecan thief is? I keep seeing it everywhere and I do not get the joke?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fascinated
2 minutes ago, Hufflepuffpride said:

Can anyone tell me what a pecan thief is? I keep seeing it everywhere and I do not get the joke?

I will give it a go.  A pecan thief is someone who, along with his wife, trespasses on a pecan farmer’s property and ‘gleans’ all the pecans lying on the ground. A pecan thief would be someone who would then be instructed by said farmer to leave the property immediately. A pecan thief would then gleefully post photos of self and wife with a large bag of the ‘gleaned’ pecans.

A pecan thief would be named David Waller, he being the headship of Anna Duggar’s sister, Priscilla. David also goes by the acronym TFDW. (The Fabulous David Waller.)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hufflepuffpride
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

I will give it a go.  A pecan thief is someone who, along with his wife, trespasses on a pecan farmer’s property and ‘gleans’ all the pecans lying on the ground. A pecan thief would be someone who would then be instructed by said farmer to leave the property immediately. A pecan thief would then gleefully post photos of self and wife with a large bag of the ‘gleaned’ pecans.

A pecan thief would be named David Waller, he being the headship of Anna Duggar’s sister, Priscilla. David also goes by the acronym TFDW. (The Fabulous David Waller.)  

Holy. Crap. I have no words. Thank you for answering my question!

Is that the same brother of Anna's who said that Josh is scum? (or something like that.) 

*Josh is scum, not saying he isn't.

Edited by Hufflepuffpride
Added that Josh is scum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fascinated
7 minutes ago, Hufflepuffpride said:

Holy. Crap. I have no words. Thank you for answering my question!

Is that the same brother of Anna's who said that Josh is scum? (or something like that.) 

*Josh is scum, not saying he isn't.

No, David is married to Anna’s sister, Priscilla. Fun fact: David also enjoys #hashtagging.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
On 7/26/2017 at 8:19 PM, ChildofScience said:

@Carm_88 said it. I'd like to add that Nike is a female Goddess of victory (which is what inspired the famous athletic clothing brand). The irony that using the name of a strong female Goddess as a means to scare fundie men into looking away is so interesting to me. What's also ironic is I don't think the Diggars put that much thought into their secret word. 

I believe they chose Nike because the boys were supposed to look at their shoes. Sure not all of them are always wearing Nikes, but it's a popular tennis shoe brand so it makes a bit of sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bethella
7 hours ago, Hufflepuffpride said:

Is that the same brother of Anna's who said that Josh is scum? (or something like that.) 

That was Anna's brother Daniel Keller.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
unholypoledancer

I know we have a section that defines the various titles members get based on how many posts they make. Do we also have something for titles like "FJ Writers" or "Prayer Closet"? I know the prayer closet is where you get sent if you've been naughty, and administrator and members are pretty self-explanatory, as well as Helpmeets. Just curious about some of the other titles and their definitions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
catlady
18 hours ago, Fascinated said:

A pecan thief would then gleefully post photos of self and wife with a large bag of the ‘gleaned’ pecans.

as i recall, the pecan bag boasted the logo of the recently-held Bible Bee; therefore, the thieving of the pecans may have been somehow sanctioned by Rufus.

  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Destiny
20 minutes ago, unholypoledancer said:

I know we have a section that defines the various titles members get based on how many posts they make. Do we also have something for titles like "FJ Writers" or "Prayer Closet"? I know the prayer closet is where you get sent if you've been naughty, and administrator and members are pretty self-explanatory, as well as Helpmeets. Just curious about some of the other titles and their definitions. 

We don't. FJ Writers are those who can write content for the official blog. Prayer Closet is the naughty step basically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Buzzard
19 hours ago, Fascinated said:

I will give it a go.  A pecan thief is someone who, along with his wife, trespasses on a pecan farmer’s property and ‘gleans’ all the pecans lying on the ground. A pecan thief would be someone who would then be instructed by said farmer to leave the property immediately. A pecan thief would then gleefully post photos of self and wife with a large bag of the ‘gleaned’ pecans.

A pecan thief would be named David Waller, he being the headship of Anna Duggar’s sister, Priscilla. David also goes by the acronym TFDW. (The Fabulous David Waller.)  

Lets not forget that TFDW rewrote the story of the thievery so many times its ridiculous!  I love that thread, with all the changes in different colors!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aprilx

Please can someone tell me what BEC stands for? People use it when saying it's a snarky comment. Many thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bethella

@aprilx I know @Blahblah already anwered, but if you look, BEC is underlined. If you hover over it, a definition pops up. It also works for other site specific acronyms like SOTDRT and PP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crooked.Stick

Hi fellow funny enthusiasts! I loved FJ for a long time before coming out of lurkdom. Can anyone please tell me what BEC means? Oh, and how to access the animated and non ani emojis. Thanks, i really appreciate you 

@aprilx did you find what BEC stands for ? I can't figure it out:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnnaSofia

BEC is short for "Bitch Eating Crackers", and it basically refers to someone who gets on your nerves so much that even the most innocuous thing they do (i.e. "eating crackers") will still annoy you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pretzel

I don't get the Rufus reference I see everywhere. Is there anyone who could enlighten me or at least point me in the direction where I can educate myself on that? I would be forever grateful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

Rufus sprang from a discussion in the Duggar threads. Hopefully this covers it:

http://www.freejinger.org/faq/2-free-jinger-culture/?do=showAnswer&question_id=130

 

Rufus sprang from a discussion in the Duggar threads. There's an explanation in the culture section of the FAQs, but I'm having trouble linking to it and I have to run out the door. Sorry. If no one has helped, I'll try again later. :)

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pretzel

Oh Lordy, that had gone right over my head. I finally got it. How could I ever miss this? I can't believe I did. If any of you were uncertain when I asked, yes, I do live under a rock. On my way to become a born again believer in Rufus...

Edited by Pretzel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×