IGNORED

What the Heck Are You People Talking About?

happy atheist

Can anyone tell me what a pecan thief is? I keep seeing it everywhere and I do not get the joke?

2 minutes ago, Hufflepuffpride said:

Can anyone tell me what a pecan thief is? I keep seeing it everywhere and I do not get the joke?

I will give it a go.  A pecan thief is someone who, along with his wife, trespasses on a pecan farmer’s property and ‘gleans’ all the pecans lying on the ground. A pecan thief would be someone who would then be instructed by said farmer to leave the property immediately. A pecan thief would then gleefully post photos of self and wife with a large bag of the ‘gleaned’ pecans.

A pecan thief would be named David Waller, he being the headship of Anna Duggar’s sister, Priscilla. David also goes by the acronym TFDW. (The Fabulous David Waller.)  

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

I will give it a go.  A pecan thief is someone who, along with his wife, trespasses on a pecan farmer’s property and ‘gleans’ all the pecans lying on the ground. A pecan thief would be someone who would then be instructed by said farmer to leave the property immediately. A pecan thief would then gleefully post photos of self and wife with a large bag of the ‘gleaned’ pecans.

A pecan thief would be named David Waller, he being the headship of Anna Duggar’s sister, Priscilla. David also goes by the acronym TFDW. (The Fabulous David Waller.)  

Holy. Crap. I have no words. Thank you for answering my question!

Is that the same brother of Anna's who said that Josh is scum? (or something like that.) 

*Josh is scum, not saying he isn't.

Edited by Hufflepuffpride
Added that Josh is scum

7 minutes ago, Hufflepuffpride said:

Holy. Crap. I have no words. Thank you for answering my question!

Is that the same brother of Anna's who said that Josh is scum? (or something like that.) 

*Josh is scum, not saying he isn't.

No, David is married to Anna’s sister, Priscilla. Fun fact: David also enjoys #hashtagging.

• Upvote 2

On 7/26/2017 at 8:19 PM, ChildofScience said:

@Carm_88 said it. I'd like to add that Nike is a female Goddess of victory (which is what inspired the famous athletic clothing brand). The irony that using the name of a strong female Goddess as a means to scare fundie men into looking away is so interesting to me. What's also ironic is I don't think the Diggars put that much thought into their secret word. 

I believe they chose Nike because the boys were supposed to look at their shoes. Sure not all of them are always wearing Nikes, but it's a popular tennis shoe brand so it makes a bit of sense. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Hufflepuffpride said:

That was Anna's brother Daniel Keller.

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

I know we have a section that defines the various titles members get based on how many posts they make. Do we also have something for titles like "FJ Writers" or "Prayer Closet"? I know the prayer closet is where you get sent if you've been naughty, and administrator and members are pretty self-explanatory, as well as Helpmeets. Just curious about some of the other titles and their definitions. 

18 hours ago, Fascinated said:

A pecan thief would then gleefully post photos of self and wife with a large bag of the ‘gleaned’ pecans.

as i recall, the pecan bag boasted the logo of the recently-held Bible Bee; therefore, the thieving of the pecans may have been somehow sanctioned by Rufus.

• Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, unholypoledancer said:

I know we have a section that defines the various titles members get based on how many posts they make. Do we also have something for titles like "FJ Writers" or "Prayer Closet"? I know the prayer closet is where you get sent if you've been naughty, and administrator and members are pretty self-explanatory, as well as Helpmeets. Just curious about some of the other titles and their definitions. 

We don't. FJ Writers are those who can write content for the official blog. Prayer Closet is the naughty step basically.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Fascinated said:

Lets not forget that TFDW rewrote the story of the thievery so many times its ridiculous!  I love that thread, with all the changes in different colors!

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

• 1 month later...

@aprilx I know @Blahblah already anwered, but if you look, BEC is underlined. If you hover over it, a definition pops up. It also works for other site specific acronyms like SOTDRT and PP.

• Upvote 3

Hi fellow funny enthusiasts! I loved FJ for a long time before coming out of lurkdom. Can anyone please tell me what BEC means? Oh, and how to access the animated and non ani emojis. Thanks, i really appreciate you 

@aprilx did you find what BEC stands for ? I can't figure it out:(

BEC is short for "Bitch Eating Crackers", and it basically refers to someone who gets on your nerves so much that even the most innocuous thing they do (i.e. "eating crackers") will still annoy you.

• Thank You 1

I don't get the Rufus reference I see everywhere. Is there anyone who could enlighten me or at least point me in the direction where I can educate myself on that? I would be forever grateful. 

• Rufus Bless 3

Rufus sprang from a discussion in the Duggar threads. Hopefully this covers it:

http://www.freejinger.org/faq/2-free-jinger-culture/?do=showAnswer&question_id=130

Rufus sprang from a discussion in the Duggar threads. There's an explanation in the culture section of the FAQs, but I'm having trouble linking to it and I have to run out the door. Sorry. If no one has helped, I'll try again later. :)

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 1

Oh Lordy, that had gone right over my head. I finally got it. How could I ever miss this? I can't believe I did. If any of you were uncertain when I asked, yes, I do live under a rock. On my way to become a born again believer in Rufus...

Edited by Pretzel
  • Rufus Bless 6
  • Love 1

• 4 months later...

Woo! I think I just figured out how to get rid of the quote box! If not, please ignore my quoting of Joan Of Snark because that wasn't supposed to happen.

Anyways. Not a newbie but wtf is BEC?

On 12/3/2017 at 12:37 AM, AnnaSofia said:

BEC is short for "Bitch Eating Crackers", and it basically refers to someone who gets on your nerves so much that even the most innocuous thing they do (i.e. "eating crackers") will still annoy you.

Never mind... I found it.

On 11/25/2017 at 9:54 AM, Bethella said:

@aprilx I know @Blahblah already anwered, but if you look, BEC is underlined. If you hover over it, a definition pops up. It also works for other site specific acronyms like SOTDRT and PP.

This does not work if you are on mobile. I tried it. :-(

• I Agree 1

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/19/2019 at 10:17 AM, Sia said:

What is a child-by-love?

I saw your question back when you posted it, but I closed the tab on my browser and forgot that I hadn't tried to answer it. Sorry!

I think I would need some context as to who said "child-by-love" and where they said it to answer well. I do have 2 guesses. 

1. It might be the way an adoptive parent differentiates between their biological kids and their adoptive kids. "Child-by-nature" vs. "child-by-love".
  2. It also reminds me of the way some of the families we discuss on FJ change "in-law" to "in-love", or "by-love". So instead of talking about her "daughter-in-law", a mom might call her a "daughter-in-love".

I hope one of those fits, but let me know more if neither one works. ☺

• Upvote 2

• 3 months later...
54 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

What does AMA mean , as talked about in the new Bates tv thread?

AMA means ‘ask me anything’ and is usually an invitation given by someone in the know so that details can be given about a particular issue or situation. I think we even have an AMA section here at FJ.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1