IGNORED

What the Heck Are You People Talking About?

happy atheist

Hi Newbies, Welcome to FJ...

We have our share of acronyms, some of which seem to be unique to us, but others send me to Urban Dictionary of Slang. One of my favorites is QFT = Quoted for Truth....although I confess I translate it as "Quite F*cking True.

• Upvote 1

Why do you say "riffles" and "edited for riffles," which seems to mean typos?

Kendull (thefatherknowsbest blog author) posted once about when her grandpa (I think) was young he could take a riffle to his one room school house or something like that. Of course, everyone started making fun of her spelling rifle as "riffle" and as those things do, it became a "thing" here :)

Why do you say "riffles" and "edited for riffles," which seems to mean typos?

Once upon a time there was a blogger named Kendel, who regrettably still blogs to this day (thefatherknowsbest). She is a fundie-lite who has decided to home school her 4 blessings as public schools are of the devil. Unfortunately, she is an idiot, but that doesn't matter as "heart training" is the most important teaching she can do. Anywhoo, one day she was telling a story about when her grandfather used to take rifles to school. However, since she is an idiot (and apparently unaware of this new fangled thing called "spell check") she said her grandfather used to take riffles to school. One sage FJ, suggested from this point forward all typos/errors/brain farts be deemed riffles. The board approved, and thus the "riffle" was born.

• Upvote 2

Ha! I mentally translated it as "Quelle F...ing Truth". Yeah, the real one made more sense...

Moi aussi! Quelle fucking truth! That's what made sense to me. Even after looking it up on the Internet Slang site, I still read it my own slightly bilingual way. :-D

• Upvote 1

When I was first reading QFT on FJ I remember a few times thinking "Hmm, that seems like an odd response".

To me it has always meant "quit fucking talking"

When I was first reading QFT on FJ I remember a few times thinking "Hmm, that seems like an odd response".

To me it has always meant "quit fucking talking"[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHA - I'll have to start saying "QFT" to my kids when they drive me up a wall, just to have them go "Whaaaa...?" :lol:

My mind works in kooky ways, for sure, but I thought QFT meant "QuiverFull Talk" at first. I thought maybe it was a way of telling another poster to knock off the fundie bull shit, already. :lol:

That must have significantly altered the meaning of threads!

holierthanthou, you made me lol!! :lol: (However, you are a teeny bit incorrect in your translation..........but I won't hold that against you!)

Question: where did the use of "butt hurt" start? And what does it refer to? Spanking? Rape? (hopefully not...that's what I think about when I hear it and it frankly makes me uncomfortable)

Question: where did the use of "butt hurt" start? And what does it refer to? Spanking? Rape? (hopefully not...that's what I think about when I hear it and it frankly makes me uncomfortable)

Its not a term original to FJ but yes, it is a spanking reference. I've also heard it in the sense that someone has a hemroid so large they're cranky assholes etc.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/butthurt

• Upvote 1

Its not a term original to FJ but yes, it is a spanking reference. I've also heard it in the sense that someone has a hemroid so large they're cranky assholes etc.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/butthurt

Oh that's a cool site. Maybe we should link to that in the FAQ as well?

What is the term for someone who flouces only to return, talk some more shit and then flounce even more grandly than before? I know this sometimes repeatss several times.

What is the term for someone who flouces only to return, talk some more shit and then flounce even more grandly than before? I know this sometimes repeatss several times.

YAGE, perhaps? Yet Another Grand Exit.

I rather like Lather, Rinse, Re-flounce, myself, but I may have just made that up. :D

• Upvote 1

I haven't seen it put in action here for quite a while, but I always enjoyed it whenever it was employed: the pedicure maneuver! :-)

(http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... 20Maneuver)

Was it abandonded for a reason or did it just become unpopular?

We havent had occasion to do it in a bit. Hopefully the trend will continue. Personally, I prefer to just ignore trolls and carry on with the discussion but sometimes its pretty funny.

Thank you, Thoughful!

You're welcome.

And now, I shall flounce dramatically from this thread.

YOU ARE ALL SO MEAN TO ME -- I'M LEAVING!!!1!!1!!!

• Upvote 1

You're welcome.

And now, I shall flounce dramatically from this thread.

YOU ARE ALL SO MEAN TO ME -- I'M LEAVING!!!1!!1!!!

Good one :clap: :clap: :clap:

• Upvote 1