IGNORED

Bates Courtship

singsingsing

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good looking kid. Do the Paines have a blog?

Wonder how long this courtship will last?

He doesn't appear obviously gay, he allows his shoulder to touch her, and he's seen her at least twice since she's wearing two different outfits in those pictures. So far so good....

I'm actually surprised they announced the courtship at all. I thought they'd learned their lesson with Zach. Maybe they saw what happened with the Maxwells and figured they may as well, unless they wanted to wait until the wedding was over.

I was just about to post that! You would think that they would learn their lesson about not posting a courtship on their blog after Zach's failed courtship announcement. Then again, it looks like Kelly posted "Courtship update to follow", so maybe they're engaged?

Oh well, we saw this coming a mile away. Shocking, a Bates daughter in a courtship first than the Duggar daughters?!

12paines.com

ooooh, Duggars girls are in serious danger of being upstaged.

Minus Erin's hair, they make an adorable couple. May they truly be in love and be open minded to the LORD leading them out of Fundiedom.

Just looked at some of their pictures and noticed it looks like they're touching in some of the pictures. So, it's okay for Erin to lean into him but God forbid they hold hands before marriage? Oh the horror of pre-marital hand and hug sex.

I'm actually surprised they announced the courtship at all. I thought they'd learned their lesson with Zach. Maybe they saw what happened with the Maxwells and figured they may as well, unless they wanted to wait until the wedding was over.

They need to pawn her off on a new headship since, with her music, she's become a bother. All that "going to school" and "learning" shit got tiresome. He'll knock her up and put her back in her place by the end of the year.

IMG_71821.jpg

That's actually a really cute picture IMO. Erin's hair even looks normal.

Here's to hoping they decide they'd rather make more songs together than babies :pray:

Humm, sounds more like a "pre-courtship".

It does, especially with the whole "courtship update to follow" part but I highly doubt Kelly would post a "pre-courtship" update on their blog before anything occurs. Then again, she did post about Zach's courtship but look where that got him.

When Kelly announced Zach's failed courtship, she commented that Anna advised her on waiting to post anything until an engagement occurs for this reason. Clearly, this woman hasn't learned her lesson. She's too optimistic thinking a marriage will happen, that she'll let the world know "it's official" without it being official yet.

I will say, however, that they both look genuinely happy and she does seem to like him, from the pictures that have been posted.

Chad left a comment. I thought Gothardites didn't love, per se. I remember Priscilla saying to herself right before her courtship with Davey, "Love isn't an emotion."

There are leaves on the trees in those pics so maybe they're officially engaged by now.

IMG_71821.jpg

That's actually a really cute picture IMO. Erin's hair even looks normal.

Here's to hoping they decide they'd rather make more songs together than babies :pray:

Great view up Erin's skirt.

Chad Paine posted a post regarding the courtship. I'm about to read it

chadsperspective.blogspot.com

I hope they really like each other. I know the Bateses are fundies, and I'm not defending them here, but they've always come across as slightly more relaxed than some of their compatriots. I think they loosened up a little, rather than becoming more rigid, after Zach's broken courtship. It's slightly encouraging at least that Erin and this guy are allowed to be close to each other and touch each other to some extent. It sounds crazy, but at least they can begin to establish some sort of comfort level with each other before marriage, rather than going from "no touching ever!!" to "okay, now have sex" in the space of a few hours on their wedding night. To me they look pretty natural together, like they might have actual chemistry. Maybe I'm just hoping, for both of their sakes...

Still reading the entry, but wow, he says he FELL IN LOVE WITH HER, and they're not even married or engaged yet!! :o I thought that was a big no-no for fundies? Interesting.

Yep. The Duggars slaves have been upstaged. Bet the Bateses were hoping this happened earlier to save the TLC show.

Would a Bates wedding be aired on TV? I can imagine it as a 19K&C episode (the TV guide description would be a cryptic "The Duggars attend a wedding" to keep the fans guessing). Cue shots of JimBob and Michelle gritting their teeth as they say their children will get married when they are ready and this isn't a race . . .

Wow! It was predicted here. I bet they are already engaged and the wedding date has been set. Those pictures look like they were taken a couple of months ago. It was known that the Bateses travelled to the Paines for Christmas.

I wish them well. If they have been getting to know one another since 2011, that is a plus. Both Chad and Erin appear to be into one another. He was attending Gothards Ministry IM, I think it's called. Hope he branches out and becomes a less fundy minister. What exactly does IM train you to do?

A few things:

Kelly mentioned how much they loved Chad's godly characters and are therefore excited to see where the relationship (no, not courtship) will go. She didn't mention anything about how Chad treats Erin in a godly way. Guess that doesn't really matter.

Erin's hair is definitely looking better.

Must be super annoying to have someone follow you everywhere taking pictures when you're dating (errr...courtshipping/relating?).

Well, Erin seems like a spoiled brat and considering he's a fundie male, better than even odds that he's a douche.

So, uh, good luck with that.

Archived