IGNORED

All My Babies' Mamas- New Reality Show on Oxygen

Bethella

People can make/broadcast or watch what they want, but IMO there's a difference between a comedy show or entertainment that uses a sketch to mock racism or poke fun at racists (The Producers anyone?), but what this show seems to be IS racism. You could see HBB as classism in the same way (look at those uneducated, fat, toothless, broke rednecks - and they're happy that way!)

People can make/broadcast or watch what they want, but IMO there's a difference between a comedy show or entertainment that uses a sketch to mock racism or poke fun at racists (The Producers anyone?), but what this show seems to be IS racism. You could see HBB as classism in the same way (look at those uneducated, fat, toothless, broke rednecks - and they're happy that way!)

I agree that there is a difference between mocking racism and simply featuring racism. I brought up the shows on Comedy Central to address Silver Beach's statement that no network would have a comedy about slavery or the Holocaust. The shows are about those topics even though the humor is supposed to come from mocking racists and stereotypes.

It's official- people raised enough stink about it that Oxygen won't be airing the show. Thank God! :clap:

marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2013/01/15/oxygen-wont-air-all-my-babies-mamas-with-rapper-shawty-lo/?hpt=hp_bn9

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that there is a difference between mocking racism and simply featuring racism. I brought up the shows on Comedy Central to address Silver Beach's statement that no network would have a comedy about slavery or the Holocaust. The shows are about those topics even though the humor is supposed to come from mocking racists and stereotypes.

Yes, I have seen humor mocking slavery, but this dreadful show that will not be aired was not a mockery. Makes a big difference, the motivation for airing such programs. Full disclosure-I am Black.

Archived