IGNORED

Amish Mafia

patsymae

I caught snatches of this last night. I'm a sucker for anything Amish related, no matter how stupid, apparently. Anybody else seen this? Thoughts.

I've seen it. I can't stop myself and I'm ashamed. It's horrible, over-the-top and nearly unwatchable, yet I still sat through the entire episode last night. I'm also somewhat interested in the Amish, which is what I think drew me in, but still...

I didn't watch, but I have seen the promos for it. The Insider or Inside Edition did a segment on it last Friday. There is speculation that is another a staged Amish ala Breaking Amish.

I caught snatches of this last night. I'm a sucker for anything Amish related, no matter how stupid, apparently. Anybody else seen this? Thoughts.

I watched the first 2 episodes and it set off my b.s. alarm bells and my "do they think I'm an idiot?" backup.

First off, Levi is not baptized, therefore would be considered "English" in culture to the Amish community.

Am I supposed to believe that brother and sister are planning to topple a man who is able to watch and hear what they say on TV?

That brother wants a car and he won't be part of the community either.

Most of the confrontations look staged.

The only thing I could believe is that they caught a bishop with his pants down, because that just happens. In all faiths.

• 2 weeks later...

Based solely on entertainment value, I like this better than Breaking Amish. Other than that, I get the feeling it is (if not 100% fake) way over dramatized accounts of hearsay and speculation.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw half an episode and I spend most of the time wanting to scream, "Give me a freakin' break" at the TV. I could see talking a bit of creative licensing but trying to pass of something this fake as real is too much. The part of the show I saw involved a pimp my buggy contest that was crashed by a rival Amish mafia guy who put an Atari in his buggy.

I haven't seen it. Judging by the comments I'm not missing much. I'm a sucker for Amish shows and documentaries too. I've watched a few episodes of Breaking Amish but it got too repetitive so I just forgot about it.

I'm currently watching what I assume is a repeat of the new "reunion" episode tonight. They have yet to admit any of these people are actors.

I totally think it's fake, but I still like watching it. My FIL who doesn't like any "reality tv" has been watching the train wreck. It's so terrible, but I just can't get enough. I wish that I had cable so that I could see more of it. I only saw episodes while at in-laws for the holidays.

Archived