IGNORED

11 on my own

urban teacher

I realized that we have not discussed this Catholic fundie lite mother of 11. In the words of my students, cray cray. Maybe not ZuZu cray cray but up there. She is a good writer so you get sucked in but then she talks about her experiences with her ex husband and courts and the crazy starts. She also throws in posts such as the election that makes you say "Definitely fundie"

11onmyown.blogspot.com

I actually like her. Yes, she is fundie lite, but I wouldn't call her crazy - just very vested in her religion. The ex is indeed nuts. Considering what she has had to deal with, I think this blogger has done a good job of keeping things "normal" for her family.

Her kids certainly aren't as committed to Catholicism as she is, it seems. In one of her November entries, she writes about how one of the boys has finally proposed to the mother of her grandchild.

She's all about boycotting every company that "supports gay marriage":

11onmyown.blogspot.com/2012/08/boycotting-pro-gay-marriage-supporters.html

And writes this of single-parent and gay adoption:

No one should willingly bring a child into this world knowing that it will be raised in a single-parent home, or a same-sex marriage home for that matter. Those are moral choices, and they are morally corrupt choices at that.

11onmyown.blogspot.com/2010/08/fatherless-children.html

She's a twit and a bigot.

I can appreciate that she seems pretty well educated and that parts of her life have been pretty tough, but she still sounds like a judgmental b*%$h in most of her posts.

I think she's definitely fundie lite and has the same beliefs as most in such a strong Christian belief. However, I can't help but feel for her on the situations she has been through with her ex husband (who, from what she writes, sounds like a dangerous, creepy asshole), raising eleven children on her own and dealing with her eldest child's alcoholism and problems. I can only imagine the stress on this woman. However, she continues to hold steadfast things that would have made her life easier. Women at home, instead of getting an education in case something like this does happen to any of her children. That birth control is evil and other beliefs that make me cringe. But I do think she is doing what she can with what she has and without any help from her ex-husband. Though I must admit I am a little confused on how she went from simple training as a CNA and is now getting her masters? :think:

You'd think she'd have enough going on in her life with raising 11 children as a single mom to be pontificating about what others are doing wrong.

I was always surprised she never publicly on her blog blasted her son for getting his girlfriend pregnant but always seemed to have no issues welcoming them into the home or saying positive things about them unlike most fundie bloggers I know who blast their kids to the heavens.

I originally bought the husband is horrible but then the more she went on about how horrible the system was started to question. She seemed so gleeful by the kids not wanting anything to do with him. I am also cynical and think there are usually 2 sides to most things.

It's her views on homosexuality that get to me. I would also like to hear her ex-husband's side of the story. Too bad he doesn't blog. Or are there more than one ex-husband? I read something in one of the comments about "men", not "a man".

One other man her 3 elder boys have a different dad. She married twice and both times she didn't marry in church why that had bearing I dont know.

She is judgemental I find and her ex sounds like a bastard if true of course. I'm cynical of everything these days.

I don't agree with her on a lot of things, but I do like the sense that doing everything "right" won't magically create a "hedge of protection" about you wherein nothing can go wrong. Fundie gals, YOU too could be raising 11 (or more) on your own.

I was always surprised she never publicly on her blog blasted her son for getting his girlfriend pregnant but always seemed to have no issues welcoming them into the home or saying positive things about them unlike most fundie bloggers I know who blast their kids to the heavens.

Yet if anyone else did it..."morally corrupt".

She's all about boycotting every company that "supports gay marriage":

11onmyown.blogspot.com/2012/08/boycotting-pro-gay-marriage-supporters.html

And writes this of single-parent and gay adoption:

11onmyown.blogspot.com/2010/08/fatherless-children.html

She's a twit and a bigot.

Does this mean she supports abortion, then? Or should every single woman (or woman in a lesbian relationship) that gets pregnant have to give their children up for adoption to a Nice Hetero Couple ?

Does this mean she supports abortion, then? Or should every single woman (or woman in a lesbian relationship) that gets pregnant have to give their children up for adoption to a Nice Hetero Couple ?

That definitely sounds like she supports abortion. She didn't say "no one should try to raise a kid on their own" or "no one should let a gay couple adopt their child", she specifically said "no one should willingly bring a child into this world".

ETA I guess it's ok if you do it with 11 of them, though.

Archived