IGNORED

David and Priscilla updates

Deleted07

OT but I'm trying to adjust my vitamins for PCOS and Low Thyroid... Any suggestions on where to find good information? (My doctors are sorta anti-vitamin).

For low thyroid, my endo recommended B12 vitamins in addition to regular meds.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, the moaning about a fifty dollar hotel room, seriously? .

$50 a night is dirt cheap. We recently had a girls weekend away and the hotel was $600 a night. I don't think I was ever in a $50 a night hotel. Maybe when I got the bright idea to drive all the way to Disneyworld so the kids could see the states on the way there and we had to stop at night to sleep, but other than that, I doubt it.

$50 a night is dirt cheap. We recently had a girls weekend away and the hotel was $600 a night. I don't think I was ever in a $50 a night hotel. Maybe when I got the bright idea to drive all the way to Disneyworld so the kids could see the states on the way there and we had to stop at night to sleep, but other than that, I doubt it.

$600 is quite expensive. Must have been a really fancy hotel. Most decent hotels seem to average $100-200/night from what I've seen. But $50 is super cheap. Even the Motel 6's I've seen around or have staying in were rarely that cheap, averaging $70/night. I stayed in one in the middle of nowhere Illinois about five years ago for like $45/night. It wasn't bad really. Not one to stay in for a period of time, but overnight while on the road, it works fine. One bed, a bathroom and tv is all. Not kitchen or fridge or anything available. But to say $50 is a lot of money is ridiculous. That's about as cheap as you'll get.

I really don't get the mentality that thinks it's not okay to criticise people for eating absolute crap the whole time, feeding it to their kids and promoting all of the above via social media, even when their waistlines expand well beyond healthy recommended levels.

Oh, am I fat-shaming now? :roll:

I think it's abundantly obvious that the Duggar Jrs eat appallingly. I also think saying Anna needs to improve on her weight is fat-shaming and unnecessary. Golly!

Re Priscilla. I know I'm no expert, but to be fair I think most people raised in a sheltered fundie type background would appear "off" to us, even if they don't have any delays/learning difficulties in that sense, KWIM?

y'all need to stop being assholes. yeah, Josh and Anna have demonstrated that their diets are not great, but they also both grew up suffering from educational neglect, and at least in Josh's case, likely some malnutrition. If I play armchair psychologist I'd say Josh probably has some form of disordered eating as a result of the poverty and control in his upbringing. Things like depression also frequently effect your appetite, often inducing overeating (or undereating). Lay off, damn it.

Additionally, every single fat shaming post contributes to societal fat hatred, as well as making a whole bunch of people in this community feel like shit about their weight - which in turn can lead to disordered eating, eating disorders and self esteem issues. Many eating disorders start out as diets. It's not helpful either - if feeling shit about yourself made fat people lose weight, there'd be very very few fat people. Do people who feel ashamed of their bodies seem likely to take care of it, to be publicly vulnerable or even harassed while exercising? no.

If you don't think that sizeist bigotry is a thing, or a harmful thing, get your head out of your arse. I'd like to quote Melissa McEwan in the comments of this post http://www.shakesville.com/2011/09/on-f ... onism.html

No, there is not a documented epidemic of brutal murders of fat people for being fat, but there is a documented epidemic of failure to provide life-saving healthcare: Google will easily help you find stories of fat people who died while emergency crews laughed at their weight and appearance, of fat people who were told they should lose weight to fix problems actually caused by blood clots, cancer, internal injuries, infections, and myriad other problems that later killed them, because their doctors couldn’t see past their fat to properly treat them. Google will also easily help you find stories of medical equipment that cannot accommodate fat bodies, of anesthetists who accidentally kill fat people in surgery, of doctors who prescribe wrong doses for fat bodies, of drug trials that make no attempt to include fat patients. Google will also easily help you find stories of fat people who did not seek life-saving healthcare because they had been so viciously fat-shamed by doctors their whole lives that they had given up hope of finding sensitive and caring providers who would treat them.

Fat people die because of fat hatred ALL THE TIME.

Besides which, even if I didn't give a shit about the fat shaming, I am fucking sick to death of this topic. Yeah, we ALL know Josh is fat. He knows he's fat, he's even fucking dieting. No, not well, but again EDUCATIONAL NEGLECT. It's likely that as time goes on they'll both learn more about nutrition, which if you're concerned with anyway, try linking him some information or recipes or something, instead of posting here. Jeez. Get some better snark.

Sorry for the wall of text.

I do feel sorta sorry for Josh, cause he is the way he is because his parents never taught him properly. Maybe its cause he was so controlled as a child, that now hes an adult he can rebel and do what he likes, but hes never been taught how to make healthy choices.

I don't have a problem with Josh because he's 'fat'. I have a problem with him because he takes it upon himself to be a smug, arrogant prick who is constantly trying to convert everyone, and convince everyone that his lifestyle is the one true way to salvation. Meanwhile, all he seems to do is laze around, eat fast food for every meal, go to amusement parks, and post arrogant, bigoted crap on instagram. I don't care what he weighs. His weight is (most likely) a side effect of his lifestyle, and his lifestyle is the real problem.

I don't have a problem with Josh because he's 'fat'. I have a problem with him because he takes it upon himself to be a smug, arrogant prick who is constantly trying to convert everyone, and convince everyone that his lifestyle is the one true way to salvation. Meanwhile, all he seems to do is laze around, eat fast food for every meal, go to amusement parks, and post arrogant, bigoted crap on instagram. I don't care what he weighs. His weight is (most likely) a side effect of his lifestyle, and his lifestyle is the real problem.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Is it fat shaming to point out that Josh's disordered eating is a direct result of the lifestyle he was raised in, and the control and malnutrition that came with it? In addition, despite the obvious damage it has done to Josh, he tries to bring more people into a lifestyle whose cardinal results are the spiritual, emotional, and physical neglect of children. In which case, I think its fair to hold him up (both in terms of his weight gain, his laziness, and his complete lack of curiosity about the wider world) as exhibit A of what can happen as a result of sudden freedom from overcontrolling and fanatic parents.

Is it fat shaming to point out that Josh's disordered eating is a direct result of the lifestyle he was raised in, and the control and malnutrition that came with it? In addition, despite the obvious damage it has done to Josh, he tries to bring more people into a lifestyle whose cardinal results are the spiritual, emotional, and physical neglect of children. In which case, I think its fair to hold him up (both in terms of his weight gain, his laziness, and his complete lack of curiosity about the wider world) as exhibit A of what can happen as a result of sudden freedom from overcontrolling and fanatic parents.

I agree...its not fat shaming....its lazy screwup shaming.I'm fat and I'm sick of being lumped into the same category as lazy bums like Josh. He's a self righteous prick who boasts of his laziness and gluttony interspersed with claims of physical activity and #healthychoices online as a f u to everyone else.

People like him exacerbate the problems overweight people have. When I go in with my food and exercise logs....they lump me in with the Joshes of the world who claim to be making healthy choices but are, in fact, being delusional or outright lying to themselves. I can thank the other fat folks who are truly lazy and who only pretend to make good choices and then promote that fact as the reason the rest of us have to fight even harder for acceptance and for getting the help we need.

Edited

y'all need to stop being assholes. yeah, Josh and Anna have demonstrated that their diets are not great, but they also both grew up suffering from educational neglect, and at least in Josh's case, likely some malnutrition. If I play armchair psychologist I'd say Josh probably has some form of disordered eating as a result of the poverty and control in his upbringing. Things like depression also frequently effect your appetite, often inducing overeating (or undereating). Lay off, damn it.

Additionally, every single fat shaming post contributes to societal fat hatred, as well as making a whole bunch of people in this community feel like shit about their weight - which in turn can lead to disordered eating, eating disorders and self esteem issues. Many eating disorders start out as diets. It's not helpful either - if feeling shit about yourself made fat people lose weight, there'd be very very few fat people. Do people who feel ashamed of their bodies seem likely to take care of it, to be publicly vulnerable or even harassed while exercising? no.

(snip)

Thank you, once again, Wendy-Sparkles!

Personally, I think it is unacceptable to fat shame regardless of the reason someone is fat. Lots of things do not privileged health: drugs, cigarettes, excess drinking, certain sexual behaviors, speeding, BASE jumping, climbing Mt Everest, etc. People are not shamed for those activities, and, if they are, generally people in this community speak up for them. If Josh is fat because of his diet, I will not judge that as a moral failing. For me, body autonomy does not end with the issue of abortion.

That analogy falls apart Closed Womb, because people who smoke, use drugs, engage in risky sexual behaviors, and speed do not hold up these behaviors as the proper, no the MORAL way to live. They do not claim these behaviors make them better people.

Josh and Anna Duggar peddle a snakeoil lifestyle to unsuspecting, woefully undereducated Christian homeschoolers. They get money to peddle this abusive lifestyle. I don't think the fact that she is an atrocious keeper of her house, they both lack any sense of nutrition or control with food as a result of their lifestyle, and Josh is lazy as FUCK is somehow sacred territory that none should dare tread. This isn't haha! look at the fat kid. This is look at what happened to someone who was starved of both attention, food, and decision making power in his life until the day he married. Look at the poor skills of a woman supposedly trained to be a "keeper at home" who cannot provide proper nutrition to her family. These are the results of what they peddle, and those results are fair game to examine in light of the one true lifestyle they try and push on the rest of us.

Josh and Anna have been messed up by their upbringing and they both need years of therapy to overcome the damage. They should get that help, and I suspect a lot of people would pull for them. But as long as they are selling that nasty lifestyle and wallow in their own smugness, I for one am going to point out that all their "training" ever got them was arrogant entitlement, and a dangerous set of health risks.

For low thyroid, my endo recommended B12 vitamins in addition to regular meds.

Same. I'm Hypo after I131 radiation. I take B12 as well as C. I take a buttload of vitamins, but those two were the ones recommended by my Doc.

Thank you, once again, Wendy-Sparkles!

Personally, I think it is unacceptable to fat shame regardless of the reason someone is fat. Lots of things do not privileged health: drugs, cigarettes, excess drinking, certain sexual behaviors, speeding, BASE jumping, climbing Mt Everest, etc. People are not shamed for those activities, and, if they are, generally people in this community speak up for them. If Josh is fat because of his diet, I will not judge that as a moral failing. For me, body autonomy does not end with the issue of abortion.

I totally agree, although given some of the above comments, I think it's going to be pretty difficult to convince certain people that what other people do with their bodies isn't theirs to dictate.

The only people trying to dictate what other do with their bodies are the Duggars. That's why the results of what have been done to their bodies under that system they would like the whole of the US to follow are worth scrutinizing.

People need to stop pretending that Josh Duggar's weight and Josh Duggar's upbringing are not related. They are, and as long as he continues to try and fleece more sheep, the results this lifestyle brings need to be listed without euphemism.

I don't care what weight Josh Duggar chooses to be, his bodily autonomy is not my concern. The huge platform a lazy fuck like that has to sell the cure to everyone's problems, that is my concern.

How did a topic of Drissy and Prissy turn into Fat-shaming?

For What its Worth, I think the thing is with Smuggar he says #healthychoices while eating tater tot casserole and going on a bike ride!. I think that's the issue, and I don't equate it with fat shaming, but obviously people disagree.

In my opinion, the extreme reactions to the topic is more of a reflection on your own insecurities, than it is of FJ's attitude. Which certainly does not reflect the whole of societies 'fat hatred' culture, really you give us too much credit.

You really think FJ's snark posts about smuggar hashtagging #healthychoices the way he does, when he is having a caramel and cream filled frappe from starbucks, is contributing to societies 'fat hatred'???. if thats the case, then, Maybe smugs needs to realize he is contributing to peoples idiocy and ignorance about the choices they make and whats actually IN their food!? Funny how it never works both ways!

I need to mention, I know I'm overweight too, but I don't pretend I'm making #healthychoices when I've had doughnuts but simply gone on a bike ride, like he does!

The thing is this dude does everything to get attention on social media, and he gets it. He only has to "babysit" his children ONCE A WEEK, and people tell him what a great father he is! FFS???? Same with his food.

These people are suppose to be missionaries but they cannot stay in certain part of town. That doesn't sound very Christ like to me.

These people are suppose to be missionaries but they cannot stay in certain part of town. That doesn't sound very Christ like to me.

Don't ya know, Jesus would only stay above 4 star and only took jobs where he had some sort of compensation... Wait.... :think: :shifty:

I do not recall Josh and Anna establishing their eating habits as superior to any other eating habits. They have certainly done so in many other areas and I will be the first to call them out on the bullshit that is courtship, patriarchy, etc. If they were to say that it is better to feed your kids TTC or Chickenetti than legumes and fresh fruit, I'd call that out too. To the best of my knowledge, they have not said it is better to eat cheaper, lower quality foods and save the difference.

I understand the food-related snark; for instance, the constant CFA comments, because it is obviously political. I understand the snark about spending his TLC money with extravagant meals out. I understand the SOTDRT snark if/when Josh calls something healthy that clearly is not (IIRC, Josh did not call his apple and Starbucks Frap a #healthychoice. I think he said it was a good start to the morning; I guess some could interpret that good as health. I didn't, I saw it as enjoyment -- like I might consider sex a good start to my day.) What I don't understand are insults that include fat and its euphemisms, especially when they perpetrate harmful stereotypes like fat = lazy, fat = unhealthy (which it may in some people, but it is certainly not something that can be ascertained by a cursory observation of body size.) We know that Josh has a lazy work ethic; we do not know if he is physically lazy. We know he has gained weight, we do not know if he is unhealthy.

As I have said before, I think that Josh has suffered from serious food restriction throughout his childhood, which contributes to his weight gain, both because of a lowered metabolism and because of the natural inclination to gravitate towards tasty, enjoyable food when one has the freedom and means to do so. I don't know what he regularly eats now, although we do have a glimpse into his indulgences (quite common, I think; most of my friends on social media will post the occasional "Behold: chocolate cake" but rarely post "Blah: another salad for lunch".) I think internet snark has probably contributed to his recent loss, but unless he is in the lucky 5% that keeps off weight pass the 5 year mark, I am certain we will see it return.

Finally, this topic came up because it was suggested that ANNA was "fat" because of her eating/exercise habits. Anna is not as active on social media and I don't know how anyone could ascertain her daily routine.

Archived