IGNORED

David and Priscilla updates

Deleted07

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
post-2352-14451997186475_thumb.jpg

Don't those horses (the ones in the middle especially) look too small for grown men to be riding. I know nothing about horses, so feel free to correct me. At least we get to see what shape Bateses horses are in now.

The starting point for matching horse to riders is that the riders heels line up with horses belly. Based on that, Lawson (2nd from right) is fairly well mounted. Zac (?) in the centre looks under mounted and Trace (left) is over mounted. However there are always 1 million other factors that come into play. The horses temperament is important; inexperienced riders need something bombproof but a more experienced rider can handle a more spirited horse. Bone structure or whether the horse is "heavy" or "light" determines how much weight they can carry. A draughthorse such as a Clydesdale or can carry a lot of weight than an Arab or Thoroughbred the same size. Personal preference comes into play too. My mother, a very tiny but very talented dressage rider, always rode the largest horse available because she said long legs meant a long stride and a more comfortable ride.

Anna has got to be under a lot of pressure to get knocked up with three sisters preggers already.

But only two sister have a blessing from God on the way, the other has a curse for promiscuous premarital sex coming, which must confuse matters at family get togethers.

Anna being pregnant isn't confirmed. Not to mention, she's looked this way pretty much since she had Mikey. She lost most of the baby weight after Mack. She's 24. If she ate right and got any exercise at all, she shouldn't have a hard time losing the weight, given the women in the family tend to run small-boned, Anna included.

Losing the baby weight w/Mikey being 18 months old is no longer an excuse for someone her age. Eating crap food on "date nights" and lunch forays to Chick-fil-A are at the crux of her inability to lose weight at any time after Mikey was born to the point we suspected her pregnant earlier this year. .

This is not fat-shaming, just the truth of the matter FOR HER. It's not like she's having baby after baby after baby> Hell, Michelle Duggar did that and was never really overweight. Anna's own sister has two kids and when we first saw her, her youngest was about Mikey's age; she was skinny as a rail. Suze looks to have gained about 20 lbs. and is what, 8 months along? Esther had what, 7 kids in 9 years? I'm inclined to give HER a break for being a bit overweight. Anna really has no excuse, other than her slob of a headship.

I agree that's more than likely her poor diet is a major contributer. However, just because I enjoy playing the devil's advocate, it's not neccesarily that simple: after my first baby I was a size 6, after number 2 I struggled to drop to a size 12. Both pretty much textbook pregnancies, births; same diet/exercise. Just my metabolism has changed in those 9 months.

I was slender despite a horrible diet up until I went on antidepressants and birth control... now I'm fat despite a great diet and plenty of exercise. My whole damn family is thin, which makes it extra frustrating.

Maybe Anna just got the fat genes.

Anna being pregnant isn't confirmed. Not to mention, she's looked this way pretty much since she had Mikey. She lost most of the baby weight after Mack. She's 24. If she ate right and got any exercise at all, she shouldn't have a hard time losing the weight, given the women in the family tend to run small-boned, Anna included.

Losing the baby weight w/Mikey being 18 months old is no longer an excuse for someone her age. Eating crap food on "date nights" and lunch forays to Chick-fil-A are at the crux of her inability to lose weight at any time after Mikey was born to the point we suspected her pregnant earlier this year. .

This is not fat-shaming, just the truth of the matter FOR HER. It's not like she's having baby after baby after baby> Hell, Michelle Duggar did that and was never really overweight. Anna's own sister has two kids and when we first saw her, her youngest was about Mikey's age; she was skinny as a rail. Suze looks to have gained about 20 lbs. and is what, 8 months along? Esther had what, 7 kids in 9 years? I'm inclined to give HER a break for being a bit overweight. Anna really has no excuse, other than her slob of a headship.

My point is: reconsider comparing once Priscilla hits pregnancy #3 and Anna has already 3 kids to care for (Mack, Michael and Josh) and does not have the time to exercise properly. And when you live with someone who likes to pig out on food, it's hard to lose weight.

Genes are bad, one of her sister is obviously overweight. I don't think Suze is 8 months along... sorry wrong sister here.

ETA: clarity

Out of all the fucked up things in Anna's life, her weight is the one you want her to ~improve~ on??? Saying you're not fat shaming doesn't mean it isn't. Her metabolism might have changed post-kids, she might have bad genes that are only just kicking in, she might be on medication like anti-depressants or birth control, maybe Josh is in charge of their diet as headship~, maybe she just doesn't give a shit about what strangers think about her body. You don't think an agenda of trying to control a woman's body has just a little in common with fundies...

Wait why is it okay to constantly comment on Josh's weight but Anna is off-limits?

I don't think it's okay

Yes but Anna has the brains :roll:

Don't fundy women carry their brains outside their body and call it a father, then, after getting married to someone else, a husband? Because in this case, Anna's "brains" make her actually zombie apocalypse proof.

Anyway, they seem to get along. I don't know much about Dave, maybe it's the fact that he is not constantly in people's face but I like him more than I like Josh. Who looks twice his age now.

I agree that's more than likely her poor diet is a major contributer. However, just because I enjoy playing the devil's advocate, it's not neccesarily that simple: after my first baby I was a size 6, after number 2 I struggled to drop to a size 12. Both pretty much textbook pregnancies, births; same diet/exercise. Just my metabolism has changed in those 9 months.

It's also possible she could have diastis recti (separation of the abdominal muscles), which can be caused by pregnancy (especially multiple pregnancies close together as those muscles have less time to heal). I have it, and certain shirts can make me look at least 4 months pregnant. It's a pain, but it is what it is.

Oh okay then. Sorry that I assumed you were okay with comments about Josh's weight.

It is not their shape that people have a problem with I assume, more likely the matter of their choices in food. Both the quality and the quantity. Since there are small children involved in that kind of lifestyle, they jeopardize their children's health and they can ruin the bases, the foundation of their health for a lifetime.

It is not their shape that people have a problem with I assume, more likely the matter of their choices in food. Both the quality and the quantity. Since there are small children involved in that kind of lifestyle, they jeopardize their children's health and they can ruin the bases, the foundation of their health for a lifetime.

Those people should be commenting on specific food choices then, not body shape. You cannot tell anything about someone's diet from what they look like.

Too many, too close together pregnancies can cause your thyroid to go kaput. One of the signs of a bad thyroid is a pregnant belly when you are not pregnant. After my third child, I asked doctors, nutritionalists and fitness experts WHY I still looked 9 months pregnant even though my weight was the same. I wish just ONE had pointed that out. I would have paused pregnancies and been spared several more years of untreated thyroid symptoms that did eventually cause a LOT of weight gain, but had not yet started at that point.

Those people should be commenting on specific food choices then, not body shape. You cannot tell anything about someone's diet from what they look like.

We see pictures of their diet all the time. I believe it's a huge component in Anna's inability to lose much weight. As for the abdominal muscle thing, sure she may have it, but remember her kids are spaced 18 months apart, it's not like she's spitting out kids every 13-ish months like her MIL did for about 5 kids in a row (Jessa down to Joy, off the top of my head, had very little space between births).

I think part of it is that she enjoys the lifestyle and her life of relative ease. She certainly uses them to babysit for "date nights" often enough. It'll be interesting to see how their lives and bodies change when the money and perks go away.

I think Josh is more fair game because his weight isn't the only indicator of his poor diet. His skin is atrocious these days. In 2008 he had hardly any acne. Now he has significant acne in the episodes of 10KAC I have caught. It's also a really sickly, pasty color, like he is lacking in proper vitamins. I am embarrassed to admit I forget which ones, but I haven't reviewed vitamins yet for my DTR exam.

I think Josh is more fair game because his weight isn't the only indicator of his poor diet. His skin is atrocious these days. In 2008 he had hardly any acne. Now he has significant acne in the episodes of 10KAC I have caught. It's also a really sickly, pasty color, like he is lacking in proper vitamins. I am embarrassed to admit I forget which ones, but I haven't reviewed vitamins yet for my DTR exam.

OT but I'm trying to adjust my vitamins for PCOS and Low Thyroid... Any suggestions on where to find good information? (My doctors are sorta anti-vitamin).

I was a bit peeved at them not wanting to stay in the poor part of town. Maybe God wanted them to stay in that part of town to convert some lost souls? Pfffft, I thought they both have missionary backgrounds?

And it's Gospel tract not track. Again, FYI.

I'm not sure why I'm nitpicking this, but:

1. She seems to have a bit of a speech impediment.

2. In some dialects of English final "t" turns into a glottal stop so you don't hear it.

#2 is present in my dialect, but I make sure to pronounce it "properly" in a professional environment because I've noticed that it can throw people off. (e.g. Ren'-on and nigh' instead of Ren-ton and night)

In my book Anna is not a full adult with a free choice about what to eat, how and when. She has to care for 2 kids plus a grownup who was never taught how to care for himself. She can sometimes have break, but I am sure she's responsible for her kids most of the time.

Josh on the other hand is a full grown adult with all his rights, he has a job to which he only goes occasionally. He is responsible for the money and its spending. He does not have much to do in comparison to Anna's raising the kids. I am not fat shaming him personally, I am criticizing his choices of food, and I keep saying he needs a real nutritionist. He is making all the errors of trying to lose weight (like having over steamed broccoli as a snack) He needs to change how he eats rather than diet. He needs to exercise and all those changes would benefit his whole family. But first there'S a need to acknowledge that there are health issues in question. Hopefully he'll get it before he gets a heart attack.

I was a bit peeved at them not wanting to stay in the poor part of town. Maybe God wanted them to stay in that part of town to convert some lost souls? Pfffft, I thought they both have missionary backgrounds?

A bit peeved? :D I'm disgusted! And Davy and Prissy aspire to be missionaries! Nah. They will apparently only provide missionary services if their God provides luxury accomodations. Providing Davy and Pris with nice hotel rooms in answer to prayer is much more important than anything else. God has his priorities ya know! Why think about world peace when speshul Davy needs a cushy hotel room to judge a Bible Bee. :lol:

I'm convinced that Davy believes God has provided the poor and disenfranchized so that Davy can earn points in heaven for "missioning" at them. David has no practical help to give, but he wants luxury accommodation for mere speechifying.

He is a prat, a louse and a wimp!

In my book Anna is not a full adult with a free choice about what to eat, how and when.

And if she started buying fresh foods, Smuggar would bitch and moan about her spending money of stuff he doesn't like.

She is in a no-win situation.

Prissy will have a healthier life simply because her husband is so.....prissy.

OT but I'm trying to adjust my vitamins for PCOS and Low Thyroid... Any suggestions on where to find good information? (My doctors are sorta anti-vitamin).

I get a lot of information from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (formerly the American Dietetics Association). http://www.eatright.org/ They're the group that Dieticians and Diet Techs have to get accredited from. The main site that I gave a link for is for the general public and is usually pretty easy to comprehend.

Out of all the fucked up things in Anna's life, her weight is the one you want her to ~improve~ on??? Saying you're not fat shaming doesn't mean it isn't. Her metabolism might have changed post-kids, she might have bad genes that are only just kicking in, she might be on medication like anti-depressants or birth control, maybe Josh is in charge of their diet as headship~, maybe she just doesn't give a shit about what strangers think about her body. You don't think an agenda of trying to control a woman's body has just a little in common with fundies...

:clap:

WendySparkles, thank you for these comments, especially the bolded. Thank you.

Archived