IGNORED

David and Priscilla updates

Deleted07

Few things I noticed from the video and post:

1) Oh my goodness, first time in forever where I saw them both in non-matching outfits! It's an early Christmas miracle! :banana-dance:

2) Next to Lawson, who is that guy? Never seen him before.

3) He was seriously bitching about a $50 hotel in a "poor part of town"? So he wanted to be cheap but stay in the "rich area" of town? Get off your high horse.

4) I cannot stand it when fundies use God for everything. He was complaining about the expensive motel in a "poor" part of town but then God decided to bless him and Prissy with a beautiful hotel room right by the Bible Bee? That wasn't God, you dumbass; that was you just getting lucky or you just whining to the president how difficult it was for you to find a hotel near the competition. Stop using God for every little thing that happens in your life. You're not that special. How about you leave God alone with your materialistic crap and let Him focus on other things like helping out the less fortunate ones who cannot even afford a home.

5) Regarding the Christmas video-I don't think Priscilla has a learning disability; I think she's just mentally immature.I blame IBLP/ATI with that since I feel like they stunt women's mental growth with all that brainwashing. Priscilla isn't just drinking kook-aid, she's making that batch and shoving it down other's throats with her "stay sweet" voice.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I figured I'd make an all inclusive topic for all Davilla updates ;-)

The latest being they went to a Bible Bee where David was a judge and they got their Hotel room paid for by the Bible Bee people, and afterwards saw The Bates Family! Thrilling Stuff! LOL!

davidlovespriscilla.com/2012/12/04/national-bible-bee/

Oh I do wonder what dramatic thing happened and how God came to their aide! :roll:

ALSO!

On their Youtube Channel, Priscilla has a Christmas Greeting for you all...

OUjc3vY5bkk

So let me just go stab myself in the head while I Thank sweet baby Jesus for adult women who talk like they are from Romper Room...

Gifts and presents? Pssst... Priscilla! In this context they're one and the same. FYI. And it's Gospel tract not track. Again, FYI.

If I didn't know about the "sweet baby talk" of ATI women, I would think that Priscilla is developmentally disabled from that video.

If I didn't know about the "sweet baby talk" of ATI women, I would think that Priscilla is developmentally disabled from that video.

I'm not sure the two are mutually exclusive here. It may be enforced baby talk superimposed upon a disability.

I think with Priscilla there is more going on than keeping sweet and the baby voice. I don't see much going on behind the eyes.

I think Priscilla does have some issues, but theyre made more noticable by the baby voice she has learned and also her lack of education.

This bit in their blog post about Bible memorisation appalled me:

this competition involved the most important discipline of the Christian life—the memorization of God’s Word.

Well, their whole lifestyle appalls me, but the bolded part especially.

He's a bigger idiot than he seems if he would make such a statement.

Memorising bible verses is more important than loving your neighbour, striving for peace, generosity, humbleness? More important than charity and compassion? (I'm not listing these things in an attempt to define or rank the "disciplines of the Christian life" - but, off the top of my head, they're way more defensible as things-that-would-make-babyJesus-smile than parroting chapter and verse.)

Way to evangelise.

He's a twit.

I wish I could laugh at it, but it sort of scares me.

We even got to go to some horseback riding—something I had wanted to do with Priscilla since our honeymoon nine months earlier.

If we went horseback riding means he rode a horse while Priscilla stood around looking virtuous, does that apply to sweet sweet fellowship too? By his use of the word we, "we have a great sex life" could mean he finishes while she lies there and tries to remember her latest memorized bible verse. :)

If we went horseback riding means he rode a horse while Priscilla stood around looking virtuous, does that apply to sweet sweet fellowship too? By his use of the word we, "we have a great sex life" could mean he finishes while she lies there and tries to remember her latest memorized bible verse. :)

:shock: Where and when did he say that?

:shock: Where and when did he say that?

Sorry, I don't know that he said that specifically. They rarely speak about such things, but frequently fundies hint at super compatible lives full of great sex. I believe it's an automatic gift from God when you wait until marriage for your first kiss.

—the memorization of God’s Word. Young people worked diligently for months. Many of them learned over a thousand verses and could quote them word perfect.

Months you say? WOW! I guess school and actual job skillz are totally backseat when you can learn to quote the bible!

$5 he needed a cheat sheet for whatever verse he was judging.

They have staff members? WTF for? Who are these staff members who have to bunk down with the Bates while god provides David and Priscilla with a nice motel room in a nice part of town?

God couldn't get it together to let them know about the motel room before they were driving down? Way to inconvenience the Bates, God. They were all prepared for putting David and Prissy up,they had probably got in extra hotdogs or something, and at the last minute you provide a motel room and screw with their plans.

And in what way is David qualified to judge a Bible Bee and make "encouraging remarks"? Is it because of the passage he memorized to win Priscilla's hand in marriage? I hear the PP knows vast swathes of the Old Testament by heart, maybe he should get a judging gig.

Finally, in what world do these people live in where memorizing the bible is a more useful lifeskill than spelling, which, judging from the blogs of homeschooling mamas, is a skill sorely lacking in the fundamentalist christian community?

As for Priscilla, I may have said this before but I don't think she has developmental issues. I think she's not super bright, she has a bit of a speech impediment, and she's trying as hard as she can to sound like a sweet, submissive fundie gal. The combination makes her look and sound bizarre. Her husband is off his rocker, too. I can't imagine them with a child. :?

:text-yeahthat:

Cos Jesus only cares that you memorize the words, not actually ~DO~ them....

and yeah I have to agree if they are not able to afford $50 a night for something, I worry about their children....

How much does Gothard pay I wonder? I imagine it wouldn't be much. I assume that their house is paid for by Gothard HQ? And they just get a small salary for living on, which is why $50 a night could be hard to stretch if they are only getting a couple of hundred for living expenses. Which fucking sucks, because obviously Gothard is screwing them over in more ways than one all in the name of GOD and MONEY!

:x

I don't think Priscilla is disabled, I had seen and heard her before they were married and she wasn't this bad. So I think she is just really putting on that good Christian submissive wife thing because she thinks that is what is expected of her and that is the GODLY thing to do. :roll:

This bit in their blog post about Bible memorisation appalled me:

Well, their whole lifestyle appalls me, but the bolded part especially.

He's a bigger idiot than he seems if he would make such a statement.

Memorising bible verses is more important than loving your neighbour, striving for peace, generosity, humbleness? More important than charity and compassion? (I'm not listing these things in an attempt to define or rank the "disciplines of the Christian life" - but, off the top of my head, they're way more defensible as things-that-would-make-babyJesus-smile than parroting chapter and verse.)

Way to evangelise.

He's a twit.

I wish I could laugh at it, but it sort of scares me.

All of this.

Did Priscilla and Michelle get speech instruction from the same person? Good riddance! I feel like I'm listening to one of those a baby dolls where you pull the string and it squeals a reply to you. My favorite Michelle example is from a video several years ago at Christmas time @ about 4:23... http://videos.howstuffworks.com/discove ... -video.htm

Well, to be fair Michelle was talking to Justin, who was a toddler at the time. I give her a pass for the way she spoke as lots of people talk in higher pitched voices when speaking to babies and toddlers. Priscilla is not trying to negotiate with a 2-3yo about staying behind and keeping them calm, she's doing a video speaking all ages. I won't snark on Priscilla though as it seems she has some sort of disability. For me, snarking on her feels like snarking on a 10yo and that's just wrong.

Priscilla at 6 months gone is skinnier than Anna at whatever state (preggo or not) she is right now.

It's pretty evident that whatever her shortcomings, Pris seems to eat well and get exercise, unlike her pasty sister.

Priscilla at 6 months gone is skinnier than Anna at whatever state (preggo or not) she is right now.

It's pretty evident that whatever her shortcomings, Pris seems to eat well and get exercise, unlike her pasty sister.

Yes but Anna has the brains :roll:

David and Priscilla not having a TLC contract are perhaps not indulging in supersized fast food orgies? If $50 a night for a motel is too expensive, their food budget may be restricted as well. If that's so how on earth are they going to afford the blessings?

:text-yeahthat:

When I first heard her speak, I did wonder if she had some developmental issues or was this weird manner of speaking is just a combination of "have to keep sweet" indoctrination, sheltered upbringing and lack of education. I can't know for sure but knowing her upbringing I am inclined to think it's that. Which is rather scary because you would have a perfectly normal person raised and trained to sound very "off" to a lot of people. It might fly in the fundie world, but gotta wonder how many non-fundie people that she has encountered walk away wondering what is wrong with her. Furthermore, it makes me wonder if this type of upbringing actually dumbs down a person of normal intelligence to a point where they actually function like someone who has honest disabilities. Yet another way that fundies harm their children.

I honestly feel bad for their child. Poor kid.

I think it is rather unfair to compare a first pregnancy with a third pregnancy. Anna was super skinny when she got married.

I think it is rather unfair to compare a first pregnancy with a third pregnancy. Anna was super skinny when she got married.

Anna being pregnant isn't confirmed. Not to mention, she's looked this way pretty much since she had Mikey. She lost most of the baby weight after Mack. She's 24. If she ate right and got any exercise at all, she shouldn't have a hard time losing the weight, given the women in the family tend to run small-boned, Anna included.

Losing the baby weight w/Mikey being 18 months old is no longer an excuse for someone her age. Eating crap food on "date nights" and lunch forays to Chick-fil-A are at the crux of her inability to lose weight at any time after Mikey was born to the point we suspected her pregnant earlier this year. .

This is not fat-shaming, just the truth of the matter FOR HER. It's not like she's having baby after baby after baby> Hell, Michelle Duggar did that and was never really overweight. Anna's own sister has two kids and when we first saw her, her youngest was about Mikey's age; she was skinny as a rail. Suze looks to have gained about 20 lbs. and is what, 8 months along? Esther had what, 7 kids in 9 years? I'm inclined to give HER a break for being a bit overweight. Anna really has no excuse, other than her slob of a headship.

I actually don't think Anna looks all that overweight considering she had two babies in as many years. I know some women can lose their baby weight really fast, but that just isn't the reality for many. I'm surprised Anna isn't a lot heavier, given their lifestyle. I can only conclude that she's not eating as much junk as her husband.

Archived