IGNORED

War on Men

quiningseven

Dear women:

Can you stop being so awesome? When you are educated and well-spoken, it makes loser men feel like losers. And then only confident and accomplished men want to deal with you. No loser is going to marry you when your accomplishments make us look bad.

Love,

Butthurt, wanking losers everywhere

He must be fundy he just repeats all the biblical crap we always here. Man wants to hit the woman over the head drag her to a cave keep her pregnant and bring her meat.

Dear women:

Can you stop being so awesome? When you are educated and well-spoken, it makes loser men feel like losers. And then only confident and accomplished men want to deal with you. No loser is going to marry you when your accomplishments make us look bad.

Love,

Nail. Head. Hit.

He must be fundy he just repeats all the biblical crap we always here. Man wants to hit the woman over the head drag her to a cave keep her pregnant and bring her meat.

It's a she.

He's saying if a woman wants to be married she needs to stop having standards. She needs to accept that her age-appropriate prospects don't want to get married as much as she does. That means she needs to compromise. Or something. I read the article this morning and was angry and disgusted.

Once again, everything is the woman's fault. Men? They're just perfect and if we women would only accept them as they are then we'd be happy.

Except we tried that for thousands of years and it didn't work that way.

So, when men decide they don't want to be mature, productive members of society, it's women's fault? What about that personal responsibility that Fox News likes to harp on continuously? I guess that doesn't pertain to the poor little men.

Seriously though, if a man gets all butt hurt because a woman makes more money than he does or is more successful, then that's a sign of a lack of self esteem, not a sign that women shouldn't try to achieve their dreams. I work in a male dominated field. When I met my husband, I made a lot more money than he did. That didn't stop him from asking me out. It didn't stop him from dating me. It didn't stop him from marrying me. My husband is confident and self assured though. My success doesn't diminish his manhood. He knows who he is and he's comfortable with that. He's currently in college. His major will not even come close to providing the salary that mine does. And he's ok with that. He will be working in a field he enjoys. I work in a field I enjoy. We're both happy and that's all that matters to him. A real man would never ask a woman to be less than simply to shore up his masculinity. Whoever these men were that this woman interviewed for this article, they weren't real men.

So, when men decide they don't want to be mature, productive members of society, it's women's fault? What about that personal responsibility that Fox News likes to harp on continuously? I guess that doesn't pertain to the poor little men.

Seriously though, if a man gets all butt hurt because a woman makes more money than he does or is more successful, then that's a sign of a lack of self esteem, not a sign that women shouldn't try to achieve their dreams. I work in a male dominated field. When I met my husband, I made a lot more money than he did. That didn't stop him from asking me out. It didn't stop him from dating me. It didn't stop him from marrying me. My husband is confident and self assured though. My success doesn't diminish his manhood. He knows who he is and he's comfortable with that. He's currently in college. His major will not even come close to providing the salary that mine does. And he's ok with that. He will be working in a field he enjoys. I work in a field I enjoy. We're both happy and that's all that matters to him. A real man would never ask a woman to be less than simply to shore up his masculinity. Whoever these men were that this woman interviewed for this article, they weren't real men.

If a man is jealous of a woman's achievements, it's the woman's fault. If a woman is jealous of a man's achievements, it's also the woman's fault.

Dear women:

Love,

QFT

He's saying if a woman wants to be married she needs to stop having standards. She needs to accept that her age-appropriate prospects don't want to get married as much as she does. That means she needs to compromise. Or something. I read the article this morning and was angry and disgusted.

Once again, everything is the woman's fault. Men? They're just perfect and if we women would only accept them as they are then we'd be happy.

Except we tried that for thousands of years and it didn't work that way.

Aaah, thank you. He's annoyed that an educated, intelligent woman with a career and mind of her own actually has the unmitigated gall to expect her partner to be mature, intelligent and not some lad-child. He's also insecure because he (and millions of men like him) know he doesn't stand a chance at that.

Aaah, thank you. He's annoyed that an educated, intelligent woman with a career and mind of her own actually has the unmitigated gall to expect her partner to be mature, intelligent and not some lad-child. He's also insecure because he (and millions of men like him) know he doesn't stand a chance at that.

She. A woman wrote the article. Suzanne Venker

They want to provide for and protect their families – it’s in their DNA. But modern women won’t let them.

Won't let them... How? Last time I checked, no one was locking men inside and insisting that they weren't allowed to work. No one was hiring for jobs with the note "men need not apply". If I, as a woman, look for work, this in no way should logically prevent another man from looking for work. That just doesn't make sense.

Pardon me if I don't spend my days fainting and looking for strong, wonderful men to open jars for me.

You know what I find truly stupid about this point? It's that they act as if feminism were a brand new thing, a virus that has taken hold of women in the past 10 years and has poisoned us all.

A 30 year old man has always lived in a world where women have careers. He has always lived in a world where Roe v. Wade was law. He has never lived in a world that resembles a 50s sitcom. There is no reason for a young man to not accept the way society currently is, as he has grown up with women as they are. He had to have been taught by others that women are supposed to be some other way.

I'm not sure what this writer is objecting to. She's kind of vague about what constitutes woman's "femininity", what turned off such "marriageable" men to women, and what women should do to change that. The writer alludes to angry feminists who complain that something is wrong with men, so I assume these so-called "marriageable" men are upset that they are blamed for women's unhappiness and also that promiscuity contributes to the problem of these men who no longer want marriage.

Well, here's a couple of things I could say back to these so-called "marriageable" men: maybe the problem isn't feminism or modern women, maybe the problem is that you are an insecure, sexist man who wants to have his cake and eat it too. Don't go around wanting shaking your provider status and then cry foul when smart women compete with you for jobs. A person isn't much of a leader if he can't take competition. Your gender may be given by God, but your jobs are earned through hard work.

Frankly, these men don't sound like much of a catch to me at all. I mean, they are saying that they would marry but for these stupid women who are unhappy at playing second fiddle to them in marriage and career. These men seem to also fear women who compete against them at work, and don't understand why women were unhappy when they were denied opportunities in the past.

Well, I wonder if they'd be surprised to know that they would not be considered 'catches' by many women. The men that women chase after these days respect smart women, encourage them in their careers, and appreciate the women's lib movement for giving women opportunities beyond being a mother and wife. As a recently married female, I think my guy is a catch precisely because he does not fear smart gals who can make money, but actually welcomes it. And oh yeah, he's also able to provide very well for a family, even as a medical resident working on a stipend.

It's funny that fundies make fun of "sissy" men saying that these modern (read: non fundie) men act like wimps, yet they constantly harp about how the so-called "real" men (read: fundie men) are so fearful of marriage because women who compete for manly jobs and challenge men's leadership. Who are the real wimps now?

I think the "war on men" has more to do with the fact that men who want women to bow down to them just because they're men are having a hard time "finding a wife." It's like they're surprised women don't get all flustered by their presence.

According to Pew Research Center, the share of women ages eighteen to thirty-four that say having a successful marriage is one of the most important things in their lives rose nine percentage points since 1997 – from 28 percent to 37 percent. For men, the opposite occurred.

Maybe my math is off, but doesn't her statistics mean that 63% of women don't think that marriage is one of the most important things to them? That is a large number of women who aren't primarily focused on marriage.

Men want to love women, not compete with them.

Says who? It seems to me that most men who are competitive end up with similar wives.

Her article makes men seem like giant, whiny assholes who can't handle a woman doing anything better than them. It is odd to me that people like this writer have very negative stereotypes of men and yet they don't understand that their views about men are actually insulting.

Isn't it better to be single than to settle for a total loser?

I'm not sure what social circles the author moves in, but I don't think I know the sort of dregs who'll rant and rave about women not being feminine enough and not willing to accept their shortcomings as evidence that human is heading somewhere unpleasant in a handbasket. Society has always had losers. I don't know why we need to focus on aiding men unwilling and unable to adapt to a more equal world find the doormat of their dreams.

Odd.

Archived