IGNORED

Sluts and Satan shut down the Christian mens defense network

AtroposHeart

No I mean like they say, the CMDF has as much in common with the MR movement as the SCUM movement has with feminism. Both extremists shunned by both respective party's.

SCUM=society for cutting up men. Possibly satire, I don't know.

SCUM is misandry posing as feminism. It is shunned by feminists because it is not feminism.

This kind of violence and hatred towards women is the logical conclusion of the beliefs of MR's organizations. It is shunned because of how extreme it is, not because of any disagreement with the underlying beliefs themselves.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to post on a social anxiety forum that had a bunch of these supposed "love shy" types. I say "used to" because I got tired of the constant insinuations and occasional outright statements that any of the female posters on the board couldn't possibly be suffering from social anxiety because all they had to do was go out in public and sit around and dozens of guys would come and throw themselves at their feet and beg them for dates. The fact that this doesn't actually happen, or that someone might find it distressing if it did happen, or that someone might require more social interaction out of life than dating random strangers (anything from forming friendships to ordering takeout) did not matter to them.

Quite aside from the ugly misogyny I always found it strange that their lives revolved around this "boy meets girl in a bar and asks for her phone number" type scenario and their inability to make it go the way they wanted to go. They would manage to work the idea that it was just. so. unfair! that they had to the work of asking strangers out, and women didn't, into any conversation that could even be vaguely related. Seriously, if my only problem in life was that I was too nervous to go out on Friday nights and hit on random strangers, I'd be very, very happy.

I used to post on a social anxiety forum that had a bunch of these supposed "love shy" types. I say "used to" because I got tired of the constant insinuations and occasional outright statements that any of the female posters on the board couldn't possibly be suffering from social anxiety because all they had to do was go out in public and sit around and dozens of guys would come and throw themselves at their feet and beg them for dates. The fact that this doesn't actually happen, or that someone might find it distressing if it did happen, or that someone might require more social interaction out of life than dating random strangers (anything from forming friendships to ordering takeout) did not matter to them.

Quite aside from the ugly misogyny I always found it strange that their lives revolved around this "boy meets girl in a bar and asks for her phone number" type scenario and their inability to make it go the way they wanted to go. They would manage to work the idea that it was just. so. unfair! that they had to the work of asking strangers out, and women didn't, into any conversation that could even be vaguely related. Seriously, if my only problem in life was that I was too nervous to go out on Friday nights and hit on random strangers, I'd be very, very happy.

This is spot on.

I found it hilarious in one of the threads on LS (I think it was the extra whiny "normal people will never understand!" thread), someone mentioned that no one else understands their pain because everyone else can get into an intimate relationship "as easy as ordering a pizza".

I have social anxiety and when I order a pizza (whether over the phone or in person), I have to have a script written down for what I'm going to say, and I spend anywhere from 3-5 minutes right before ordering either doing deep breathing or some other kind of mental exercises to try to both psyche myself up and calm myself down.

I also find it deeply distressing to be hit on, which I'm sure would make these guys do the confused-dog-head-tilt-of-not-understanding.

This is spot on.

I found it hilarious in one of the threads on LS (I think it was the extra whiny "normal people will never understand!" thread), someone mentioned that no one else understands their pain because everyone else can get into an intimate relationship "as easy as ordering a pizza".

I have social anxiety and when I order a pizza (whether over the phone or in person), I have to have a script written down for what I'm going to say, and I spend anywhere from 3-5 minutes right before ordering either doing deep breathing or some other kind of mental exercises to try to both psyche myself up and calm myself down.

I also find it deeply distressing to be hit on, which I'm sure would make these guys do the confused-dog-head-tilt-of-not-understanding.

Oh my god. This, this, this. I used to worry for hours and sometimes throw up before making a phone call. The only reason i don't now is because I have a little note prepared an hour in advance.

Anyway, I can see pretty much the rest of my night being taken up by reading that forum...absolutely unbelievable. The 'post pictures of beautiful women' thread is a real gem.

Wow those guys are beyond scary... not a nice thought that there are men out there like that who might take a shine to my daughter. shudder.

Wow. I can't even. My requests of men boil down to three things:

1. Treat me like you would want me to treat you.

2. Let me make decisions that involve my own body.

3. Don't put your dick in me without permission.

Poor little darlings...these things are so difficult.

Besides all the crazy homicidal fuckery on there, which is clearly of prime concern, the other problem is that there seem to be at least several dozen perfectly normal guys among the active posters who are just really shy. For one reason or another, they've never been able to form a relationship with a girl, and their families/friends/social circles poke fun at them for it, so they go online for comfort and understanding. I'm sure that in the right situation, they could form a perfectly nice relationship with a perfectly nice girl, but being exposed to so much misogyny certainly isn't helping guide them in this direction.

In one thread, a (male) newbie questioned why everyone's shortcomings were being blamed on other people, explaining that his decision not to approach two girls at a mall recently couldn't possibly be blamed on a woman who had turned him down in a similar situation several months prior. He was outright told to leave. I wonder how many users come to that forum as relatively ordinary shy people who suffer from social anxiety and end up with these monstrous thoughts.

This is spot on.

Seriously... if you say "it's as easy as ordering a pizza" to me, you've clearly never seen me sit for half an hour with the pizza place menu in one hand and the phone in the other, deliberating, only to put them both down and go eat a bowl of cereal instead. I've never been in a relationship but I have ordered pizza about 3 times in my life, so clearly they are not on the same level of difficulty.

I did notice a trend of people blaming their anxiety problems on everyone else... if only everyone in the world would stop being so mean to them they wouldn't have any social issues. I may occasionally fall prey to that line of thinking but at least I realize I'm basically whining to myself.

Wow. I can't even. My requests of men boil down to three things:

1. Treat me like you would want me to treat you.

2. Let me make decisions that involve my body. ?

2.Don’t expect to make decisions that involve my body. It’s not your place either to give, or deny permission. It's not your business at all

3. Don't put your dick in me without permission.

Poor little darlings...these things are so difficult.

Sorry. Just a small change there.

Slightly off topic, thank you Valsa for being open with your anxiety about the phone. I suffer from the same thing and have a very hard time talking on the phone. It is an embarrassing problem to admit to having.

Sorry. Just a small change there.

Yup, your way is better. I was shaking in rage at the time, and poor word choice was poor.

Can someone please explain to me how a woman saying no to rape in any way infringes on anyone else's rights? Like, the guy who wanted to equate me saying no to "rape" of a man. I just...really, honestly don't understand that logic at all. How does one get to that point of absolute hatred for an entire gender? How about we make saying no to ANY man illegal. Even for other men. Guy in a sketchy dark alley asks for your wallet? Well apparently by hearing the word no, his masculinity is irreparably damaged. Better say yes. Same to the neighbor who asks to have sex with your wife. God. These guys suck. I don't know why they think such attitudes will help them with relationships.

Some of the post on Love-Shy are infuriating. "No woman will ever love me and by woman I mean a perfect 10. No fatties need apply." Or " I will make no effort whatsoever, you should intuitively know I'm weird and love me instantly." And "Women are bitches, sluts, and kitten murders. If they get to know me, they learn I'm an asshole with few redeeming qualities. They led me on those Whores!"

I don't know about any of you but I'm all wet just reading it. :roll:

Teenie Peenies. Can't say this enough.

I know I am shallow but I just do not want to dignify these people with any other response.

I love how they talk about women being shallow and picky, and in the same fucking breath talk about how they only want a perfect 10. Pot, kettle, black.

I love how they talk about women being shallow and picky, and in the same fucking breath talk about how they only want a perfect 10. Pot, kettle, black.

Forget how they look (not that any are brave enough to post pictures anyway, but they do seem to be brave enough to link to other girl's dating site profiles... so manly, gah), I wouldn't give 90% the time of day based on their attitude alone! And I don't mean shyness - even when they're talking about "positive" things, like the nicest thing a girl's ever said to them, they still somehow manage to criticize the girls in question for even saying anything nice in the first place.

A girl wrote "your eyes only" on a piece of paper when I was in high school. She left her phone number on that paper. I never called. As to why? At the time, because I thought I could afford to be picky. But now, it's because I think I was an idiot. I guess the thing was though, that girl didn't even know me. At all. I just wish she would have talked to me and try to get to know me before just leaving her number like that.

Seriously? SERIOUSLY?! High school dating = srs biznes. Thou shalt not leave thy number until thou hath learned all personal details and deep dark secrets of the number's recipient. What was she supposed to do, interrogate you in the middle of chem? Everything's permeated by this air of suspicion of a woman's true intentions ("she probably didn't *actually* like my shirt, she was just making small talk" - wank waaaaaaank), and this goes directly back to the (hijacked) thread topic - a woman might want to vote not to bring down Western civilization, but to be a conscientious citizen. A woman might want to work because she wants to work, not because she wants to castrate you. A woman might want a divorce because she's legitimately unhappy and thinks the two of you would both be happier apart, not because she wants to take every last penny from you and write the follow-up to Eat, Pray, Love (apparently, this book symbolizes everything men hate about women...?!).

Forget how they look (not that any are brave enough to post pictures anyway, but they do seem to be brave enough to link to other girl's dating site profiles... so manly, gah), I wouldn't give 90% the time of day based on their attitude alone! And I don't mean shyness - even when they're talking about "positive" things, like the nicest thing a girl's ever said to them, they still somehow manage to criticize the girls in question for even saying anything nice in the first place.

Seriously? SERIOUSLY?! High school dating = srs biznes. Thou shalt not leave thy number until thou hath learned all personal details and deep dark secrets of the number's recipient. What was she supposed to do, interrogate you in the middle of chem? Everything's permeated by this air of suspicion of a woman's true intentions ("she probably didn't *actually* like my shirt, she was just making small talk" - wank waaaaaaank), and this goes directly back to the (hijacked) thread topic - a woman might want to vote not to bring down Western civilization, but to be a conscientious citizen. A woman might want to work because she wants to work, not because she wants to castrate you. A woman might want a divorce because she's legitimately unhappy and thinks the two of you would both be happier apart, not because she wants to take every last penny from you and write the follow-up to Eat, Pray, Love (apparently, this book symbolizes everything men hate about women...?!).

Lolll. I never read or saw it, mainly because Julia Roberts kind of annoys me. But anyway.

I wonder if this guy realizes that a phone number is an invitation to conversation...which is a way to get to know someone. I mean, I can't tell you how many times random men have asked for my number, or given me theirs, not even having known me for five seconds. It's not a big deal. :roll: Really I guess it all comes down to women existing only in terms of men. A woman can't possibly be doing something on her own terms. No, it all has to be to spite men, or get back at men, or lord her superiority over men. It's really quite presumptuous.

Moving away from loveshyness to Major Creepy for a quick second, I genuinely - genuinely! - tried to engage some commenters over at Unmasking Feminism to try to understand where they're coming from. The post in question concerned an article in which the (female) author stated men were no longer interested in marriage because women were no longer women. This is actually a topic of interest to me - if the statistics truly are changing, with more women and fewer men seeking marriage, I'd be curious to know why, how the stats were run and what the researchers controlled for, 'cause I'm a social scientist by training. I asked what seemed like a perfectly legitimate question - what, in their view, would make a woman "womanly" and what would, conversely, make a woman "unwomanly". Innocent enough, right? All the opportunity in the world to talk about chastity, or subservience, or whatever else they would like to see in a partner (I demand a willingness to watch lemur videos on YouTube from mine, so I shouldn't be one to judge preferences, generally speaking).

One of the responses, quoted in full because. Just. What. What. :

Ally,I’m genuinely,without the slightest hint of irony,not eager at all to cast pearls before a swine. With your flippant,snotty little attitude, I’m sure you’ll do well in your dealings with men….not.

I lift my flask and toast that singular particular vicissitude of fate,which is characteristic of the same, that will see all your dreams of conquest dashed and your caustic arrogant manner humbled under the crushing yoke of miserable despair.

You are born with a silver cup,spilling over the brim,because you are a woman.

Because I am a man,I was constrained to make my own cup and to fill it with my own brew.

When your cup is empty,far too soon, my presses will continue filling my own cup to capacity.

While you are wandering the streets in mourning,as a lowly crone, I will still be a man,you however,will be less than useless to anyone.

As you mourn,I will feast.

Do I care to bespoil my banquet table with your beggar’s rags?

No.

A million of you crones-to-be have come wandering through our male space,and experience has taught me that you are not even worth my natural human sympathies for your plight,for you are not human beings.

You are just a hungry ghost,waiting to fade away. Go away ghost,there’s nothing here for you.

What you have set in motion is much bigger than you,and indeed all of womankind, it will roll over all of you,and no appeal for mercy or demand for explanation will even slow it.

So why come here asking questions of us? Better to save your breath for entreaties to luck,or god, or whatever it is you pray to when you are faced by a situation you have no hope of meeting head on.

Unlike your kind, I’ll spare you the pigheaded repellent gloating over the point that our sex is about to score a goal on yours,the same facetious disgusting display that you pigs wallow in with gladness, out of inhumanity or inborn bigotry,or god knows what.

Now,lie down in the bed you made for yourselves, as we lie down in our own. And remember. Remember that you were invited to the table,and you endeavored to rifle the cupboards. Remember that luxury was spent on you and obeisance paid to your sex by mine,NOT oppression or hatred.

You have fallen by your own design,and we owe you nothing,because as soon as you thought we were unnecessary to you,you tried to stick a knife in our back. All men are is just another bridge to be burned,to you.

You have sown hatred and strife, and you will reap these tenfold.

... I'm so lost. All I've ever sown is basil seeds. Unsuccessfully, I might add. Never did inherit my grandma's green thumb.

Sooo...what is it that makes a woman "womanly", then?

A pleasing to the eye robot in the image of the woman who spurned you, spouting platitudes like the geeks made for Spike on Buffy?

Teenie Peenies. Can't say this enough.

I know I am shallow but I just do not want to dignify these people with any other response.

Tiny downstairs and upstairs. Sad, pathetic little creatures who contribute nothing to the world and expect to be given a gorgeous partner and a job with pay in the high six figures.

I know plenty of guys who have both, but they've gotten those jobs through hard graft at uni and putting in the hours at work. Some of them have gorgeous gfs who are basically there for the cash and even though it's a bit awkward, both parties are happy. These women are usually intelligent and interesting, but most importantly very kind and loving and... extremely attractive. Why should they settle for some sad case who lives at home and gets fired from fast food jobs?

Sooo...what is it that makes a woman "womanly", then?

Finally got a response (couched in condescension, but I'll take it):

sweet-natured, pleasant, a good cook, selfless, takes care of her personal appearance even if she’s not a great beauty, is sexually available to her husband, doesn’t try to compete with men, is gentle and kind, loves children, is not a loud-mouth, doesn’t curse, isn’t sarcastic or argumentative, stays physically fit, dresses neatly and attractively, knows how to manage a budget, is hard-working and cheerful rather than an idle grumbler, and is respectful to her man.

... so here's my problem with this: aside from the cursing (love it, don't care if others do or don't), the sexual availability (creepy shit, but this is coming from the same woman who believes a woman can NEVER say no to her husband, so there's that), and the "competition" (not sure if she means no ambition at all or just no ambition that could hurt a man's fweeelingz~*), these seem to be normal things that most people would want their child of either gender to exhibit. Right? I mean, you want your kid - boy or girl - to be nice to others, tidy, well-kept, respectful, smart with finances, hard-working, pleasant to be around, and maybe not a total slob? That's how I was raised at least - by really feminist relatives, too. Surely all of these things are also great to have in a partner - guy or gal, correct? Yet they present them as some sort of unattainable ideal, which really begs the question of where these people live and what kind of socialization they have on offer.

Note that when I tried to nudge along the conversation by giving a list of traits I'd consider important for a "manly man", I was told I have no right to tell a man what he should be, and that what I described was a female ("does not lie, cheat, or steal; is monogamous; has the courage to stand up to combat injustice; respects others; shows compassion and generosity toward others (particularly those less fortunate); is honest even if the truth hurts; is loyal to his friends and family; treats his parents kindly; likes animals; and is someone his partner can lean on for emotional support and emotional care"). I was also called a fascist, of course, which really bothers the poli sci major in me because alksd@#$^*@#$^ that word does not mean what you think it means and its consistent misuse is maddening!

I really wonder what kind of horrible person they take to be their ideal man (themselves, I guess?). Gaaaaaaah.

ETA: Sorry, forgot to add! She did share actual advice on what a woman should be, which I only saw just now: thewomanandthedragon.wordpress.com/2012/09/26/women-are-becoming-a-pathetic-version-of-the-men-they-wanted-to-marry/. Not sure if this link has been posted here before, I did a quick search and couldn't come up with anything, but it is just a pot of gold. One of the lists she cites contains items such as "curtsies whenever I walk in the room", "unwaveringly loyal, even if I cheat", and "non-educated". Both lists decry "fat". Now I'm just beginning to feel outright bad for them - their real-life options must literally be limited to a choice between socks and Kleenex :(

What she redacted for "being too explicit":

Bisexual and open to the idea of threesomes.

The full list:

Unwaveringly loyal, even if I cheat.

Will retain a trim figure through exercising and eating right.

Knows how to cook and is willing to do so every day.

Accepts that the entire damn house is my ‘man cave.’

Will enthusiastically perform any sex act immediately upon my request.

Keeps the house in order and sparkling clean.

Shuts the f-ck up.

Non-educated and not politically minded.

Recognizes my need for bro time and alone time

No children, past, present or future.

Virgin, but willing to learn.

Curtsies whenever I walk in the room.

Always dresses sexy.

HB10 as a minimum.

Tiptoes around so as not to wake me when I’m sleeping in.

Doesn’t waste my money on things I don’t want.

The original post was deleted. Here's the cache link: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:zRfqBLXIS4QJ:neckbeardchronicles.blogspot.com/2012/09/mojos-non-negotiables.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Evidently, his whole plan is to die alone on purpose because no woman could ever possibly be good enough.

Thanks for voluntarily removing yourself from the gene pool, creepy misogynist.

Finally got a response (couched in condescension, but I'll take it):

Well, I'm absolutely fucked then. :dance:

I'm shit at cooking, loud-mouthed, curse, um, a fair bit, redefine argumentative for a whole new generation, have parts of my body made out of metal, dress like a punk on account of being a punk and shave my head, generally dislike children, compete with men on a regular basis (in a recent argument with an anarcho I pointed out that there was a reason my lot had his lot killed) am about as far from sweet-natured as admirers of Felix Dzerzhinsky generally are (which is quite far) and count on my fingers due to a learning difficulty I have with maths. I like to think I am not unpleasant to others on purpose as I normally like people unless there's a clear political reason not to but that's it.

Brilliant! No mad MRAs will ever bother me. This is sounding better and better.

Carla, you're a brave one. I applaud you because I couldn't be even vaguely polite there.

Valsa, at first I thought that should have gone under a spoiler with a trigger warning. Then I thought "No, Valsa was quite right to bring it back and let people know what those bastards are saying uncensored." Thank you for doing that.

I have a strong work ethic, I'm a good cook and I enjoy it, I'm nice to homeless folks and stray cats, I like children from ages 3-11 or so, I'm pretty quiet, and I'm careful with a budget. I'm also fat, irritable, plainer than toast, uncouth, and completely uninterested in shopping.

I can't even describe how much apathy I feel about the legions of men who wouldn't fuck me because I'm, le gasp, a fat. What an awful fate, I am totally invisible to douchebags!

Archived