IGNORED

Kidist doesn't know why Nat. Americans are in TG parade

super skeptic

In one of her posts, she mentioned that "no one had disagreed with" her on one of her hateful and bigoted opinions. Of course not, Kidist--you don't allow comments, and most people wouldn't want to compromise their online security enough to engage you via email.

I am tempted to send her an email in which I encourage her, in the interests of purging Canada of what she maligns as "multi-culti," to return to Ethiopia posthaste.

She seems to want to live in a world that never existed. She twists the meanings behind purely objective images to make them align with her ingrained worldview. For example, in her November 17 post titled "Regression," she practically blows a gasket over the content of a Frigidaire commercial showing the progression of household appliances since 1918. Women in "classic" fashions and in staid positions=good. Women in pants or otherwise comfortable clothing and positions=BAD.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kidist is my new fundy fascination

I know! It's like seeing someone picking their nose across the aisle from you on the bus; you're completely grossed-out, but unable to look away.

Anyone here have a sock email address? Could be interesting to write to her.

I did email her a few weeks ago, from an anonymous email account. I respectfully suggested she seek psychiatric counseling and prescribed medication, given the obviously disturbed and disturbing content of her blog posts. Not surprisingly, I've received no response.

I agree with whoever said that Kidist seems to be in a manic phase lately. She makes her mental illness more obvious every time she commits words to cyberspace.

I am bipolar and I don't know when I am manic.

But it is obsession. I get obsessed with weaponry (not shooting it or owning it, but its capabilities), various technical and political aspects of terrorism, and also various aspects of Marxism. And I forget that people don't care about these things, or get scared by them, and I sound like a complete twat.

It is impossible to think no-one would want to hear about the AR-15, or the Manual of the Urban Guerrilla (which has a lot of historical significance) or the difference between the Official IRA, the Provisional IRA and the Real IRA (the Continuity IRA being a different matter). Or the very important issues about why Stalinism and Trotskyism are different.

I suspect Kidist has a similar dedicated mindset. But it is being bipolar. You're obsessed and want to jump about the streets explaining to everyone. Because who would not want to know? It's SUPER IMPORTANT.

I have been getting more into reading Kidist's blog over the past couple of weeks. I think she might snap someday. Some of the things she does are a bit creepy. There was an incident where she out in public and she talked about staring at an Asian woman with a white husband or boyfriend. Then there was that incident where she showed up at a ballet school dorm area and in that post she made several racist comments against an Asian dancer and a security guard at the ballet school.

She also has, what seems to me to be, a very creepy fixation on the child and his family across the road from her and his Asian (which she must ALWAYS mention) nanny. I wish there was some way they could be warned about this, because a Peace Bond would not be a bad idea IMO.

*edit to change wording*

She is Ethiopian. It may be her. If so, link please!

The Facebook I found is for a woman that is a pharmacist. I don't want to link to her as she shouldn't be associated with this particular Kidist. If you google Kidist Asrat Facebook it will come up. I'm sure its not her as she admits to being from Ethiopia and is far more attractive.

Kidist is definitely like the the person picking their nose and you can't look away. Except that, from my perspective, she's picking her nose while simultaneously telling others how their nose picking is disgusting.

It's pretty bad when you Google "Kidist Asrat" and the third suggestion is "Kidist Asrat racist."

I started to read some more of her posts, but I don't want her getting blog hits. The little I read makes me sick.

If I had a more evil mindset, I would use "Camera Lucida" as the title for my column space in a website I edit and write for, especially since the thrust of the column is a positive look at North American Multiculturalism. :lol:

I emailed her as well but no response I pointed out the obvious how she wasn't white and her self hatred wouldn't make her magically change into a white person. I seriously wish someone would report her to the authorities because I really can see her snap or causing harm to someone. It's like watching a time bomb getting ready to explode.

I emailed her as well but no response I pointed out the obvious how she wasn't white and her self hatred wouldn't make her magically change into a white person. I seriously wish someone would report her to the authorities because I really can see her snap or causing harm to someone. It's like watching a time bomb getting ready to explode.

I think she might already be on the radar of a law enforcement agency. When the ballet school incident happened, she talked about how she was going to write an email or letter to complain about a receptionist and a security guard. If she did that employees might have been questioned about that bizarre incident. With the little boy neighbor, I hope his parents or the nanny sense something about Kidist and they do their best to stay away from her.

I'm pretty sure she shot her website bio photo the way she did to appear more white. I mean, look at the lighting.

Camera Lucida Kidist is on FB (using her middle initial). Apparently, both "Kidist" and "Asrat" are common Amharic names, because there are several FBers of the same name, both in Ethiopia and in other countries.

She's on blogspot, which has a report feature. I reported her for the post US election post, where she wants to remove all non-whites. I don't know if it would do anything, but that kind of hate speech is IMO against the TOS for blogspot.

Are we sure she's a real person? I noticed that that Laurence auster guy that some suspect of being the sThinking Housewife has mentioned her, and all three of those blogs have the same set up of no automatic comments, just email. I don't understand why that would be preferable to moderated comments, unless you like extra work or are writing your own comments.

She's absolutely a real person; I know people who have encountered her at pre-concert lectures in Toronto where she hogged the floor at question and answer time with off-topic rants.

She's absolutely a real person; I know people who have encountered her at pre-concert lectures in Toronto where she hogged the floor at question and answer time with off-topic rants.

Oooooh, please tell us more.

Alas, I have no great dish; my friend went to a string quartet concert and complained that in the q and a period "some Egyptian lady" was going on and on about "the Western canon" and how kids today listened to rap and hip hop which would clearly lead to the downfall of society, so I emailed him a photo of Kidist and he said "that's her!"

Every now and then he'll say "Your friend was at the concert and apparently Stravinsky is terrible and we should all listen to Beethoven" or similar. This is why I was not surprised by the Great Ballet School Caper.

I don't have enough time to go through all of the Kidist threads/posts - I could have sworn that someone had mentioned her rough geographical location. If I'm not delusional, could someone dig that up?

I have not read all the posts concerning the Stinking Lousewife or Kidlist, but I did want to say that Laurence can be a woman's name. My grandmother had the middle name of Laurence and Laurence Owen won the US Ladies Figure Skating Championship in 1961. Tragically, she and the other members of the US team were killed in a plane crash in Belgium on their way to World's that year.

I went to Laura's a few times to try and catch a glimpse of this whack-a-doodle. She was never there when I went in.

I really would like to see her in person because on her blog she seems to have a serious mental illness. I wonder how she functions in real life. How can anyone that racist live in a city like Toronto - which prides itself on being multicultural?

I've done that too! Glad I'm not the only one. Maybe I've even seen you there :) Sometimes I wonder if she even works there any more. She's got to be serving dozens of non whites and gays every single day, no idea how she does it. Especially where she lives it's as multi cultural as you get - i wonder why she doesn't comment on living in an especially multi cultural place. I don't know how she can interact with people in general while being that hateful. It's kind of a dream of mine to run into her somewhere.

I don't have enough time to go through all of the Kidist threads/posts - I could have sworn that someone had mentioned her rough geographical location. If I'm not delusional, could someone dig that up?

I also remember someone mentioning that she lived in a part of Toronto where a quite bit of gay people live.

I've done that too! Glad I'm not the only one. Maybe I've even seen you there :) Sometimes I wonder if she even works there any more. She's got to be serving dozens of non whites and gays every single day, no idea how she does it. Especially where she lives it's as multi cultural as you get - i wonder why she doesn't comment on living in an especially multi cultural place. I don't know how she can interact with people in general while being that hateful. It's kind of a dream of mine to run into her somewhere.

Hang out at pre-concert lectures you might run into her.

Archived