IGNORED

Maxwells are home!

OkToBeTakei

Aw, hail, girls, let's let her have her bow. The one where she's cooking looks like something Ab or Beth put on her, and the one the night (day?) before didn't look that bad.

She's probably resigned to remaining a virgin, unkissed even, 'til the end of her life, serving - literally - first her parents and then one of her brothers' families (I just hope it's one of the original bros and not a reversal. I cannot imagine kowtowing and answering to some guy whose diapers I once changed).

If she wants to dress as lamb, she should - it's the only thing the young mutton has that's anywhere close to self-expression. Heck, we snark about it too much, Steve might decide it's an idol ... oopsie ... what did I just do, there?

Maybe I shouldn't give Steve and Teri ideas, but I'm leaving this post as-is. If Sarah suddenly quits wearing decorated headbands, we'll know that yet another tool of satan has been identified and routed out in Maxlleavenworth, Kans.!

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is that weird looking thing on the bottom of Bethany's skirt (which is way too long for a toddler IMHO)? Is it supposed to be a faux slit? I thought that would invite men to be defrauded and bring an end to the civilized world?

I'm glad to see Sarah wearing her prison strips now that she's back on the compound. She'll be easier to spot if she tries to escape. MWAHHAHAHAHAHA

Also, way to go Anna Marie- give the Maxhell Slaves some work to do-- they will have to scrub that door clean before Bible Time.

Yea it's just more boring bible indoctrination with cakes and cookies. I recall there are very few, if any, attendees that are even close to the girls age.

Just think back to the baby shower(s) - it was all women who were Teri's age if anything. No one remotely the same age as the young mothers, particularly first-timer Anna. It wasn't just that they didn't have any existing actual friends invited, but they didn't even have any POTENTIAL friends in the form of same-age women from the neighborhood there. No "these are people I met in my new-mom briefing at city hall" or anything like that.

That party report was decidedly weird.

I was bored off my ass with their trip and thought at least pictures of the little girls would be an improvement.

I was wrong. The're home so now it's the same boredom as it was before their trip.

Reminding me of the obvious - the Maxwells are boring and they are wasting their lives and my time. Only I can change my reading of their crap, but only they can change their miserable, pathetic lives. I'm more likely to give up my guilty habit of reading than they are to actually do something with their lives.

You know what the worst part about Anna Marie's shower including the fact that the only people that were their were Teri's age was that Anna Marie's family was not their. I get that they r out of state but one would think for their daughter's baby shower at least the mother would try to come.

I wish I would get invited to brunch if only to show Sarah and the younger girls that you can be educated, successful, and on your own at 30 and be perfectly happy and content with your life. I would probably have to make up a fundie buzz word drinking game with a secret hidden flask to get me through without losing it. But, they would probably say those words so often I'd be drunk in the first half hour and be unable to make my point.

LOLOL! If I were invited, I'd offer to bring something, and then bring a couple gallons of mimosas. "Look everyone! I brought the punch!". OMG, the idea of them all drinking it is hilarious to me. "Wow, what is the secret ingredient here? This punch is so happy!".

You know what the worst part about Anna Marie's shower including the fact that the only people that were their were Teri's age was that Anna Marie's family was not their. I get that they r out of state but one would think for their daughter's baby shower at least the mother would try to come.

Agreed. There is never any mention of NR-Anna's family (and maybe they prefer it that way), but it would have been nice to hear that they'd visited since the baby was born (and surely they have, right?). It would have been nice to see her mother attend the shower but flying is expensive so maybe she was saving for after the baby was born. But honestly -- Stevie could have paid to fly her out instead of put those air horns on Uriah.

Agreed. There is never any mention of NR-Anna's family (and maybe they prefer it that way), but it would have been nice to hear that they'd visited since the baby was born (and surely they have, right?). It would have been nice to see her mother attend the shower but flying is expensive so maybe she was saving for after the baby was born. But honestly -- Stevie could have paid to fly her out instead of put those air horns on Uriah.

Interestingly, this is one of the few complaints made regularly here about the Maxwells that never seems to get addressed at their blog (because we all know Steve reads here). You know how people here have mentioned the odd way Sarah captions photos without any names or details of the people photographed - and suddenly there'll be a detailed post about the 'sweet' family they stayed with on the road? Or when Free Jinger people have mentioned that they posted comments on the blog which are then swiftly removed? But references to the absence of Melanie's or Anna's families never seem to provoke a response over on the blog.

Which, sad to say, leads me to suspect that the speculation here is correct: Melanie and Anna have had minimal contact with their families since joining the cult.

Guest Anonymous

I think they have mentioned both families but only in the blog comments. They said Anna's family visited after the birth. And Nathan and Melanie spend Christmas day with Melanie's family, which is why the Maxwells do gifts on Christmas Eve.

My guess is that once the families learn how the Maxwells operate they probably don't want to be mentioned on the blog. And Steve is probably happier that way since the blog then revolves all around his own little world.

The Maxwell's blog is about the "immediate" Maxwell family. It seems that Nathan and Christopher are only mentioned when their actions directly affect the "immediate" family. For instance the only time we have seen a post about what Melanie and the children do daily was when she was on bed rest and one of the immediate family members had to go over. We don't see any posts about things like Melanie and Nathan having dinner at Melanie's parents because this does not affect the immediate family. I am not saying that Anna and Melanie do get to go outside the cult and talk to their parents, but if they did I am not sure we would hear about it.

The Maxwell's blog is about the "immediate" Maxwell family. It seems that Nathan and Christopher are only mentioned when their actions directly affect the "immediate" family. For instance the only time we have seen a post about what Melanie and the children do daily was when she was on bed rest and one of the immediate family members had to go over. We don't see any posts about things like Melanie and Nathan having dinner at Melanie's parents because this does not affect the immediate family. I am not saying that Anna and Melanie do get to go outside the cult and talk to their parents, but if they did I am not sure we would hear about it.

Yeah, that's a good point. And it may be, as anniec says, that Anna and Melanie's families don't want to be discussed on the blog. But it does strike me as odd that Steve is so defensive about other criticism posted here and yet rarely responds to criticism of this nature. Then again, in Maxwell-land, the world revolves around Steve, and in-laws don't count as part of HIS family. :roll:

I think in this one case I can agree with Steve. It isn't his business to talk about any other family other than his own. I think it's a good thing to give his out of the house offspring the autonomy and decision about what if anything goes on the internet about their families. I guess they know that anything that happens at dad's house is fair game.

I think in this one case I can agree with Steve. It isn't his business to talk about any other family other than his own. I think it's a good thing to give his out of the house offspring the autonomy and decision about what if anything goes on the internet about their families. I guess they know that anything that happens at dad's house is fair game.

I agree. But the curious me wants to know how well the way he raised his children is working for them in their adult lives. Obviously for Sarah, not so much, but for Christopher and Nathan, I wonder how they are running their headship households and how much of their father's regime plays out in reality in their own homes.

Why isn't Poor Sarah wearing an apron?

Maybe that thing on her head is too tight and she can't think straight?

Working in the kitchen with a beater almost guarantees splatters. :naughty:

Why isn't Poor Sarah wearing an apron?

Maybe that thing on her head is too tight and she can't think straight?

Working in the kitchen with a beater almost guarantees splatters. :naughty:

God wil protect her from any splatters. Its not like he has better things to do with his time like care for the sick and needed.

Maybe that is why they get up so early to pray, because they think that G-d would not hear their prayers if they get up any later. Their are people up at their 5:30AM but it later in the day in other parts of the world.

At least they are home and no more pics of the dog/horse/poney/pussy show....

Though Uriah, you should have broken down and needed a new gear box of something....

Coming up we have an extension to Jinger Ville, more art classes with what some would call friends, Non halloween (though here in the UK it's never a big thing), them singing at neigbours and crying at 2013!!!

At least they are home and no more pics of the dog/horse/poney/pussy show....

Nope - unfortunately, Sarah has just updated with yet another on-the-road story, waxing rhapsodic about the joys of tripping over one another in tight quarters, and -

We still have Mr. Mouse living at large on the bus. Although he was only spotted once, we found evidence that she had chewed into the oats bag. We have set several traps but no success as of yet.
(Bolding mine.)

Oh dear...

:doh:

I know I'm preachin' to the choir, but Sarah's writing is boring.

She goes on for a full paragraph describing how taking pictures during sessions can be distracting to the attendees.

A quick sentence could have covered that subject.

I also noticed she had mentioned a wedding she and Christopher photographed last month. This is the first I've heard of Sarah photographing weddings. Is she Christopher's partner or assistant? As if I don't know the answer to that.

I also noticed she had mentioned a wedding she and Christopher photographed last month. This is the first I've heard of Sarah photographing weddings. Is she Christopher's partner or assistant? As if I don't know the answer to that.

I thought the same thing. Since when is Sarah helping photographing weddings? You know, weddings like what she'll never have. She has the same photography skills as Christopher -- good at landscapes, and crappy at flat panel humans. And the line-ups! Oy.

Back to Wednesday. I had gone inside early, and before long an elderly man came in. He had heard about the concert the week before and drove about thirty miles to come! As we talked, my heart was so grateful to the Lord for the blessing of allowing us to share with others. That evening I was also delighted to see the groom’s mom from a recent wedding that Christopher and I had photographed and to be able to chat with her. Pack up time went very quickly. We had great help, and one man actually trucked out all the boxes for Jesse!

Is it really so incredible that a man, even an elderly man, would drive thirty miles to church? That's like a half hour drive. They trek all over the fucking country for months to sell their crap, but it's unusual enough to record that an elderly man drive 30 miles to see them?

They're really pimping Teri's book arn't they? Makes me wonder if there are some financial troubles in Maxwell paradise.

It's interesting that they don't seem to have a problem with blogging on Sundays. Since the main purpose of their blog is to sell their products and services, doesn't posting constitute working when they should be taking a day of rest? Or does Steve have a special dispensation from the Lord to shill on the Sabbath?

Archived