IGNORED

Maxwells are home!

OkToBeTakei

Thank the Lord. Because I am getting bored of trip photos. I need laundry, housekeeping and everyday things photos :D

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

Praise the Lord for this Godly homeschooling family who love the Lord Jesus and minister to the sick and bedridden across the waters in the UK. May you be comforted by the airing of Steve's dirty laundry, Sistah! :D

Praise the Lord for this Godly homeschooling family who love the Lord Jesus and minister to the sick and bedridden across the waters in the UK. May you be comforted by the airing of Steve's dirty laundry, Sistah! :D

:lol:

Thank the Lord. Because I am getting bored of trip photos. I need laundry, housekeeping and everyday things photos :D

Doesn't make any difference at all. Trip photos or otherwise, they always have the same docile grins and dead eyes.

I tried to tell them that in my comments, but they were never published.

Guest Anonymous

Doesn't make any difference at all. Trip photos or otherwise, they always have the same docile grins and dead eyes.

I tried to tell them that in my comments, but they were never published.

I thought OK was being ironic. :P

I do love the oddities in Sarah's writing. It amuses me to think what lies beneath her otherwise mundane posts.

A little before 2, we arrived home. What a joy it was to pull into our own driveway. What a job it was to unload. But, we all jumped in, except for John, who had a work deadline and will do his later. We unloaded, unpacked, shopped, baked, addressed invitations for a ladies’ neighborhood brunch, and talked. The little girls helped the aunts unload for a bit. We have missed them!

Love,

Sarah

Why does she think it noteworthy to the reader that John hasn't unpacked yet. Or is it a sub-conscious, passive-aggressive swipe and public reminder to John that she may be stuck at home at Daddy's right hand forever more, but she will not be unpacking his dirty keks for him on this occasion?

I do love the oddities in Sarah's writing. It amuses me to think what lies beneath her otherwise mundane posts.

Why does she think it noteworthy to the reader that John hasn't unpacked yet. Or is it a sub-conscious, passive-aggressive swipe and public reminder to John that she may be stuck at home at Daddy's right hand forever more, but she will not be unpacking his dirty keks for him on this occasion?

I was :lol:

Poor Sarah mentions this because she is so bereft of anything interesting, imaginative, original or clever to share. John doing something different IS excitement, just like it would be for a two-year old. And maybe she feels guilty that they will all get into trouble for his slacking off. I bet she feels panicky. Or maybe she feels sorry for John that he is not with the family at such an exciting time as unloading 6 wks. worth of crap from traveling around the country in a bus. Or maybe she's jealous.

At any rate it sounds like she is making excuses and covering up for him.

As if FJ'erites are watching from across the street and would know any different.

Poor Sarah. What a burden she needlessly carries.

A ladies' neighborhood brunch? I wonder what that would be like. Do they only invite people like themselves, or is this a proselytizing opportuity?

A little before 2, we arrived home. What a joy it was to pull into our own driveway. What a job it was to unload. But, we all jumped in, except for John, who had a work deadline and will do his later. We unloaded, unpacked, shopped, baked, addressed invitations for a ladies’ neighborhood brunch, and talked. The little girls helped the aunts unload for a bit. We have missed them!

Love,

Sarah

A ladies' neighborhood brunch? I wonder what that would be like. Do they only invite people like themselves, or is this a proselytizing opportuity?

If they only invited people like themselves it would just be plain old brunch time at the Maxwells, with Maxwells only. NOBODY is like the Maxwells. They're their own species.

Guest Anonymous

The Maxwells have done a Kansas ladies' meeting before. The food was rationed and there was one strawberry each, if I remember correctly? And I think Teri gave a question out at the start and they all took turns to answer to the group... just so as not to allow any unscheduled mingling and one-to-one discussion on the Lord's time. :naughty:

If they only invited people like themselves it would just be plain old brunch time at the Maxwells, with Maxwells only. NOBODY is like the Maxwells. They're their own species.

I agree they r their own species. Except u would not find them in a zoo

addressed invitations for a ladies’ neighborhood brunch

stop trying to make the 19th century happen. it's not going to happen. :pray:

Poor Sarah mentions this because she is so bereft of anything interesting, imaginative, original or clever to share. John doing something different IS excitement, just like it would be for a two-year old. And maybe she feels guilty that they will all get into trouble for his slacking off. I bet she feels panicky. Or maybe she feels sorry for John that he is not with the family at such an exciting time as unloading 6 wks. worth of crap from traveling around the country in a bus. Or maybe she's jealous.

As if FJ'erites are watching from across the street and would know any different.

I have a totally different take on it. I think Sarah mentions that John had to defer his part of unpacking the bus for a job deadline because it shows that he is actively employed in some kind of business that involves clients and time-sensitive work. The entire family had to agree that John would be allowed to slack off his unpacking chore because the work deadline took precedence. Also, it was supreme scheduling on their part that they arrived home in time for John to meet the deadline, demonstrating that he is able to meet his commitments to the LORD as well as to his clients. I'm sure that John's sisters did try to bless him by moving as much of his stuff as they could while still having time for chit chat and invitation writing. John's unpacking duties will be on the schedule in the next few days!

I never thought I'd be so happy to see the Maxwells get back to the real meat-and-potatoes of their existence: bean burrito nights, thinly-veiled advertisements for their books and OneTonRamp, and harassing the elderly and infirm each Sunday.

While I agree with you to some extent, I also think that Sarah mentioned it because she thinks that her blog readers are fascinated by everything her family does. The Maxwells probably get enough positive emails and blog comments from fans to get the impression that some people out there are interested in every little boring detail.

Anna Marie wrote a lovely welcome home note on the storm door.

Which family members do not go on the tours?

Do they do anything differently without the head patriarch home?

Guest Anonymous
Anna Marie wrote a lovely welcome home note on the storm door.

Which family members do not go on the tours?

Do they do anything differently without the head patriarch home?

They always write door messages for special occasions.

The immediate family (living in the compound) go on tours. Sometimes the married Maxwells turn up to promote their own businesses, but not often.

We don't really know what goes on in the married offsprings' homes whether Steve is home or away.

The Maxwells have done a Kansas ladies' meeting before. The food was rationed and there was one strawberry each, if I remember correctly? And I think Teri gave a question out at the start and they all took turns to answer to the group... just so as not to allow any unscheduled mingling and one-to-one discussion on the Lord's time. :naughty:

Yea it's just more boring bible indoctrination with cakes and cookies. I recall there are very few, if any, attendees that are even close to the girls age.

I have a totally different take on it. I think Sarah mentions that John had to defer his part of unpacking the bus for a job deadline because it shows that he is actively employed in some kind of business that involves clients and time-sensitive work. The entire family had to agree that John would be allowed to slack off his unpacking chore because the work deadline took precedence. Also, it was supreme scheduling on their part that they arrived home in time for John to meet the deadline, demonstrating that he is able to meet his commitments to the LORD as well as to his clients. I'm sure that John's sisters did try to bless him by moving as much of his stuff as they could while still having time for chit chat and invitation writing. John's unpacking duties will be on the schedule in the next few days!

That is how I also view the situation with John not doing his unpacking duties right away.

What I want to know is why has Sarah been wearing a big ass bow on her head of late? I know this is a big fundie thing for girl BABIES, you know so people don't miss the pink and the dresses and the frills and whatnot and mistake them for boys, but Sarah is an almost 31year old woman and its not as if she hasn't been infantilized enough. It makes her look like she's wrapped up as a gift and it's really disturbing to me.

What I want to know is why has Sarah been wearing a big ass bow on her head of late? I know this is a big fundie thing for girl BABIES, you know so people don't miss the pink and the dresses and the frills and whatnot and mistake them for boys, but Sarah is an almost 31year old woman and its not as if she hasn't been infantilized enough. It makes her look like she's wrapped up as a gift and it's really disturbing to me.

I agree.

On the one hand, I'm glad she's putting her hair up while cooking (they don't always do that).

On the other hand, that bow is ridiculous on a 30-something woman.

I wish I would get invited to brunch if only to show Sarah and the younger girls that you can be educated, successful, and on your own at 30 and be perfectly happy and content with your life. I would probably have to make up a fundie buzz word drinking game with a secret hidden flask to get me through without losing it. But, they would probably say those words so often I'd be drunk in the first half hour and be unable to make my point.

Since they all do the same thing all the time, it is noteworthy that John did something different. It must be explained why, so as not to appear to be an act of defiance on John's part. Plus, compared to the rest of their lives, it is (squee!) exciting that he did something different.

Archived