IGNORED

The Walking Dead

Alecto

Here's the lesson I've taken from this entire season. Ready? Pride cometh before watching Lucille fall. 

Rick and his gang thought they had seen cold-hearted and immoral people before. And they have. The Claimers were awful, The Governor was terrible and Gareth and his Termites ate people.  And somehow, Rick and Friends managed to defeat them all. So, how bad can this Negan guy be? ...I think that's a big part of why they were so stupid, that and living in Alexandria has made them forget what it was like to be outside of the walls. Compare how the crew acted in the beginning of S3 and beyond (silence, in/out, no long dialogues in unsecured places) and the latter part of season six where they are having shouting matches in places with lots of cover for things to hide.

In Rick's case, it was his arrogance and maybe even his newfound hope that they can do anything together. But mostly the swagger he's had since killing Gareth. On his knees. With a machete that Rick seemed pretty close with. ("And a machete with a red, a red handle. That's what I'm going to use to kill you with.") Given any more time around it and less time around his son and daughter (like if they were gone too?) and the people around him, would he have named it "Lori"? Dun dun duuun.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anybody out there watch FTWD? I suffered through parts, but I am having a hard time generating fucks. It's going to be a long six months.

The underwater zombie angle is interesting, but that mother and father, I just don't like them. The drug addict son really needs to take off the old man clothes and change. And the sister? Just stupid. Strand and the Reuben Blades character are the only ones who are remotely interesting.

I suppose the bombing of LA was good, that's probably what happened to Atlanta too.

I actually like the little vignettes on the airplane better.

I watched FTWD last night. I liked the underwater zombie. It was unexpected. I was getting really irritated with Alisha and then I was irritated that no one took the radio away from her after she admitted to talking to someone.

I like the idea of the show. And I'll probably keep watching. But I just don't like the characters (or actors) much. So that could be a problem.

• 6 months later...

Tonight is the night! The long-awaited season 7 premier where Negan's Lucille victim will be revealed! I believe it is Glenn or Daryl. I don't think he would kill a woman and nobody else would have the same impact except Rick and Carl and they are both essential to the Negan arc.

I knew it! I called it back in April. Abraham was (one of the ) victims! And Glenn! Two victims! That was unexpected. Negan is a true psychopath, a bloodthirsty fuck. I knew one of the original cast members had to go. 

So sad for Sasha and Maggie. Rosita seemed to take it hard too.

Rick's biggest fuck up ever due to excessive arrogance and not enough recon and strategizing before taking on crazy ass Negan.

It's a bit anticlimactic since we have been waiting so long, but still, wow.

It's interesting to think of some sick karma at play, since Rick's original raid on one of Negan's outposts took lives that had done nothing to them. Glenn had his first human kill during that raid and had mixed feelings about it since his victim was sleeping. 

And Rick is just stupid. Jeffrey Dean Morgan is acting his ass off though. 

And this episode confirms once and for all that living humans are the biggest threat in the zombie apocalypse. The zombies don't even come close because their bad deeds are instinct and not intent.

In the comic, Negan was a high school teacher who cussed up a storm.

I had read spoilers that said there would be 2 victims and one was Abraham. And I figured Glenn after the whole Glenn fake out before. Though I was hoping it wouldn't be him.

(Unrelated - why does it say "Timeline" under your avatar?)

I stopped watching TWD after they escaped from Alexandria -- the last episode I remember is that annoying little shit kid getting eaten. I have no idea what happened last season. 

Can anyone direct me to a synopsis? My only real question is what happened to the crazy preacher guy - I hated him. 

I'd made peace with Glenn dying when it was made to look like he died last season, and I know he was the one killed by Negan in the comic, but I'm still irritated that they killed Glenn after killing Abraham. This show is just messing with its viewers at this point. And yet, I can't stop watching! 

On a related note, my Dad lives in Senoia, Georgia where they film the show. They filmed in his neighborhood for this season, so I'm excited to see if his house makes it on the show.

If you're ever in Atlanta, Senoia is a nice day trip. You'll see Woodbury, Alexandria and there's a little museum with props from the show.

Spoiler

1127151535e~2.jpg

1 hour ago, Mela99 said:

I stopped watching TWD after they escaped from Alexandria -- the last episode I remember is that annoying little shit kid getting eaten. I have no idea what happened last season. 

Can anyone direct me to a synopsis? My only real question is what happened to the crazy preacher guy - I hated him. 

Amc.com has complete TWD info. The crazy preacher guy is still in Alexandria and he is watching Judith while all this mayhem is going on.

11 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

I had read spoilers that said there would be 2 victims and one was Abraham. And I figured Glenn after the whole Glenn fake out before. Though I was hoping it wouldn't be him.

(Unrelated - why does it say "Timeline" under your avatar?)

I don't know how I missed the two victim spoiler, that is what surprised me, not who the victims were.

I volunteered to work behind the scenes with Curious on revising the rules, timeline is the workspace we use.

@Screamapillar, I have got to visit Woodbury!

1 hour ago, SilverBeach said:

I don't know how I missed the two victim spoiler, that is what surprised me, not who the victims were.

I volunteered to work behind the scenes with Curious on revising the rules, timeline is the workspace we use.

@Screamapillar, I have got to visit Woodbury!

Its cute and there are walking dead tours out of atlanta that will take you down there and then to some of the "big" filming sites like terminus and the department store.  I have friends that like in Senoia and werent supposed to mow their lawn during filming.  Its kind of weird.

• 1 month later...

OK, I have a theory about Negan.  A few episodes back, Dwight's wife was at the doctor and there was a pregnancy test on the table.  He says something along the lines of nothing yet.  This gave me Handmaid's Tale flashbacks.  Last night, they showed Negan's other "wives."  None of them is pregnant.  Then he gets to Alexandria and seems quite taken with baby Judith.  I'm guessing he's shooting blanks and will take Judith in the mid-season finale.  At some later point in the season, Daryl will get killed trying to rescue her.  Just a prediction.

• 2 weeks later...

My boys and I stopped at Woodbury (Grantville, GA Main Street) a few years ago on the way home from the south side.  It was really fun to see it in person.  

• 3 weeks later...

OT but I've been watching The Wire (rented it from my library)  and Merrit Wever has a small part, Seth Gilliam (Father Gabriel) is a detective, and Tyrese is a paroled ex-drug dealer who is trying to go straight.   What is sad is that the Baltimore neighborhoods where the show takes place look like the post zombie-apocalyptic set of TWD.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I think I might be more excited for Talking Dead tonight than the actual episode but we'll see what happens. I don't think there is any chance of Carl surviving a bite but it's sort of fun to consider the far out theories. 

I do hope that whatever happens the rest of this season that we no longer hear the creators and Scott M. Gimple explaining an event or death with "but wait until you see how this impacts the characters in the future! This is all gonna make sense in upcoming episodes, it'll all be worth it once you see what we've got coming!"

Okay okay, I get it, character deaths have always been a big deal in informing survivors character's stories for the entire show. Duh.  Just make stuff happen I want some ends tied up here before the end of this season!

• 3 weeks later...

@SilverBeach @CaricatureQualities What do you guys think of the last few eps? I thought the Carl episode started out really good but kind of dragged. But the rest have been pretty awesome!!! Last night was a wild ride! I just love rip your neck out Grimes. I live for it. Negan was running scared. The women are living their best lives. I live for Michonne, she is the most emotionally intelligent character on the show. Im also fascinated with what Jadis is going to do. Not really loving father gabes storyline. Oh and what is Dwight going to do?! Also loving the tension between Neg and Simon and Neg and Eugene. 

Archived