IGNORED

Season 6 of 19 Kids and Counting. God help us all! (Part 2)

StarrieEyedKat

What did Grandma Duggar and Michelle fight about? I really don't want to wade through it all, when that seemed like the only interesting bit.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It also trumps fun for the older girls. They can't do anything that would mess up their countenance or whatever they hell they're so concerned about.

Maybe they were pissed that the younger kids got to do a "sport" and they didn't??

I liked that Grandma wore capris or something similar--way more sensible.

It was nice to see Jim-Bob pay attention to Josie--wish Michelle would.

I would love to know what the fight with Grandma Duggar was about too. I refuse to watch another episode of this ever because of their support of that awful Akin.

Jana's hair looks like one of the Bates' girls'. Wonder if she's courting a Bates' boy?

I maybe the only one; but, I thought all the older girls hair look kind of greasy and flat. During the close-up interview with Jessa and Jinger, it was especially noticable.

OK, having watched all season, I have to ask: Can Josie speak on her own, without coaching? She does seem to be able to repeat anything she hears, but I've yet to hear her speak spontaneously. Well, she did say "Daddy", but that is one of the first words kids say anyhow.

Mary and Michelle didn't have a real fight - they were fencing. Michelle made a joke that it was their first fight.

I'm concerned that Michelle was allowed to fence in her skirt. That's a serious safety hazard. I can just imagine a broken blade sticking out of her thigh. But of course modesty trumps safety in this family. It also trumps fun for the older girls. They can't do anything that would mess up their countenance or whatever they hell they're so concerned about.

And Johanna in sandals! Seriously, do the girls have any other shoes? Anything appropriate for something other than the beach? Not even just for sports! In home ec class, we had to wear close-toed shoes because of hot liquids, knives, and loose pins, depending on the unit!

OK, having watched all season, I have to ask: Can Josie speak on her own, without coaching? She does seem to be able to repeat anything she hears, but I've yet to hear her speak spontaneously. Well, she did say "Daddy", but that is one of the first words kids say anyhow.

Almost three year olds should be able to form simple sentences. But considering Josie's past and the fact that she, to the best of anyone watching the show's knowledge, is getting no help in the form of speech therapy (or occupational or physical if those are needed), she may very well not be able to say anything other than utterances. One word is not enough. I'm so tired of Michelle and co saying she's normal and healthy. Girl looks like she could break at any moment and isn't speaking.

Who knows what obstacles she is going to face if they continue to ignore her growth?

I wondered about that too! She does get a lot more atention compared to the lost girls, but it doesn't seem to pay off...

Mary and Michelle didn't have a real fight - they were fencing. Michelle made a joke that it was their first fight.

All these years I've watched this show, I never knew Grandma Duggar's name. I was like "who the heck is Mary?!"

I think she can, some. Not nearly as much as the average toddler (how old is she now, 2 1/2? 3?) I did think it was adorable when she asked what the animal was, some Howler said "meerkat" and Josie said something like "Mirror cat...cat with a mirror." Made me laugh.

Almost three year olds should be able to form simple sentences. But considering Josie's past and the fact that she, to the best of anyone watching the show's knowledge, is getting no help in the form of speech therapy (or occupational or physical if those are needed), she may very well not be able to say anything other than utterances. One word is not enough. I'm so tired of Michelle and co saying she's normal and healthy. Girl looks like she could break at any moment and isn't speaking.

Who knows what obstacles she is going to face if they continue to ignore her growth?

I have a son who IS speech delayed, same exact birthdate, and he was full term. We'll be starting him in speech therapy around his 3rd birthday. Bubby has about a dozen "words"... the only thing that delayed us starting him in speech therapy before now was lack of insurance.

I hate people on Youtube.

All the kids and beautiful, but Jessa, Jinger and Jessa are something else...they are seriously gorgeous girls, and it makes them even more beautiful that they are such incredible people on the inside. A lot of people judge this family because they are so different, but they are not hurting anyone with their lifestyle...and the kids have accomplished so much and always seem happy.

Do they ever do activities the older kids would enjoy? Everything's either for the little kids or involves them helping the little kids do everything.

I think she can, some. Not nearly as much as the average toddler (how old is she now, 2 1/2? 3?) I did think it was adorable when she asked what the animal was, some Howler said "meerkat" and Josie said something like "Mirror cat...cat with a mirror." Made me laugh.

Josie wasn't my concern in that scene it was poor Jordyn. jenny looked groomed and well dressed and said mirror cat pretty clearly. Josie was well dressed and was her speech was cute, though copied. Jordyn hair was all messy and she didn't looked all done up like her sister and she said nothing. Jorydn might be in more trouble then Josie. Who is her buddy now?

I have a son who IS speech delayed, same exact birthdate, and he was full term. We'll be starting him in speech therapy around his 3rd birthday. Bubby has about a dozen "words"... the only thing that delayed us starting him in speech therapy before now was lack of insurance.

That's good, I'm glad you're able to get him help. The Duggars just seem to have no awareness at all of Josie's lack of talking, or they are in denial that anything could be wrong with their latest, tiny, precious addition. Or, maybe she is actually on track but never talks on camera.

*I should say that I'm not a speech language pathologist, however I have been interning for an SLP for a few months and I am planning on attending grad school to become one next fall. So I have limited experience, but enough to know what's typically age appropriate in terms of speech and what isn't.

Josie wasn't my concern in that scene it was poor Jordyn. jenny looked groomed and well dressed and said mirror cat pretty clearly. Josie was well dressed and was her speech was cute, though copied. Jordyn hair was all messy and she didn't looked all done up like her sister and she said nothing. Jorydn might be in more trouble then Josie. Who is her buddy now?

Jordyn almost always looks unkempt. I think that her buddy has checked out. The last time I saw Jordyn with her hair done was when Priscilla, Amy and Anna were helping Michelle with the youngest seven.

Jordyn and Jenny both seem neglected with Jordyn appearing disheveled and dazed most of the time. Russian orphanage dazed.

And let's face it, at ages 5 and nearly 4, they should be at that chatty, cute stage the show would normally be taking advantage of. But we don't hear a peep out of them; instead we get Jackson and Hannie who seem to be stuck in the same place year after year.

At least the howlers had buddies and Josie seems to be doted on by everyone. These two little girls don’t seem to be getting anything from anyone in that family.

My son was in speech for 5 years. I think Josie might have the number of words she can say or mimic to pass the doctors test but I feel like she seems disconected from her speech. At age 2 the child needs to have 50 words, any less qualifies you for free early intervention. I bet Josie can say 50 words so Michelle thinks it is all good. The footage we are seeing dates Josie to 2.5 years or so. I just remember my son knew the words but had issues processing language and could only get partial sounds. He was very aware able to do self help and other tasks well above his age. He could do a 100 piece puzzle but had a hard time saying the word puzzle(all is good now thanks to all the early intervention I have a straight A high schooler). I feel like Josie just toddles around on her tip toes copying without getting what she is learning. Josie also seems to be held by one of the older girls on all the field trips/outings so she is getting exposed to adult language more then Jenny or Jorydn. Again I find it worse that Jordyn is silent and doesn't look as joyful as Josie.

Jordyn and Jenny both seem neglected with Jordyn appearing disheveled and dazed most of the time. Russian orphanage dazed.

And let's face it, at ages 5 and nearly 4, they should be at that chatty, cute stage the show would normally be taking advantage of. But we don't hear a peep out of them; instead we get Jackson and Hannie who seem to be stuck in the same place year after year.

At least the howlers had buddies and Josie seems to be doted on by everyone. These two little girls don’t seem to be getting anything from anyone in that family.

Sadly, I think the children in the Russian orphanage my son was in got more individual attention than the youngest Duggars, except maybe for Josie. All the staff we witnessed were very attentive to the children. I feel so sorry for Jodyn and Jennifer. No one cares about them. Jordyn in particular really got the shaft with Josie being born when she was still a baby-baby.

Okay, I genuinely thought they were gonna be digging holes for posts. I can't believe these idiots actually sullied one of my sports.

But it was sort of worth it just to see Justin kick Jim Bob's ass (twice!). Fencing's not something where being big, lumbering, and Jesus-y serves you well, JB. And then Mary beating Michelle was just the unexpected icing on the botched two-tone cake. The whole segment turned out to be a tidy little showcase for my coaches' mantra that fencing is an accessible sport at virtually any age.

I think that Dill is still Jenny's buddy, but whoever had Jordyn seems to have given up. I do agree with you about the Russian orphanage.

Jordyn really breaks my heart because I don't think anyone loves her. She is just there and has been wandering aimlessly in the Duggar household since she was handled off to a buddy.

Did you notice that Justin had a cable attached to him while he was fencing? I wonder if that was so somebody out of the picture could pull him back when Jim Bob lunged at him.

Did you notice that Justin had a cable attached to him while he was fencing? I wonder if that was so somebody out of the picture could pull him back when Jim Bob lunged at him.

Never mind, saw the cable. It looks like it might be there to keep him from crossing into his opponent side.

I think that Dill is still Jenny's buddy, but whoever had Jordyn seems to have given up. I do agree with you about the Russian orphanage.

Jordyn really breaks my heart because I don't think anyone loves her. She is just there and has been wandering aimlessly in the Duggar household since she was handled off to a buddy.

When the Hartonos are there, I think they look after her, but other than that, no one remembers she exists.

I want to adopt Jordyn and Jenny so bad, and give them the love and attention they deserve.

I was also worried about Hannie during the fencing clip where she said she couldn't breathe. Asthma maybe?

Archived