IGNORED

Season 6 of 19 Kids and Counting. God help us all! (Part 2)

StarrieEyedKat

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 10/30 episode is called "Michelle's Birthday Makeover," probably covering those pictures of JimBob and Michelle in more modern fashion. They are showing reruns during the afternoon leading up to the episode, so that is likely the season finale.

http://parentables.howstuffworks.com/fa ... ttens.html

Rehashing the kitten episode for a minute. Didnt she say that she DIDNT take care of them at night, and that the boys were doing it?

This was published on 8/10

The kittens were just a week old, so at first I stayed up through the night feeding them. At that point they were so small that we had to keep the youngest kids away. Jeremiah, Jedidiah, Justin, Joy-Anna, James, and Jason all researched what the kittens needed --like how much stimulation to give them and how often they needed to be fed. Finally after sleep deprivation started to set in after all the night-time feedings I told the kids I needed them to help with the day feedings.

I'm remembering the complete opposite being said in the episode that aired.

Buzzard, I thought she said she did the night time feedings and the kids took care of the cats during the day. it stuck out because it made me think of the babies and their 'buddies' - now she is taking care of cats since there isn't a J20!

Rewatched the portion. The original cats came from a convenience store. They got the 2 kittens in addition to the one cat they already had - which isnt shown in the episode. The cats climb into the bottom of the ottoman and Josie flips it over. The littles dump a litter box and fill it with dirt.

Then the 3 tiny kittens come from the "stoney brook" house. Josiah digs them out of the wall and is "sensitive" per J'Chelle. Michelle is "open to nurturing them and helping them survive." At first they slept in the pitcher in her bathroom. The kids called "dibs" on them. Initially she showed them how to feed, burp, and crap. She took them through the night and the pop up says the middle littles took care of them. Jana (I think) in the talking head says that the kids learned to get up through the night to feed and take care of them.

I quit watching and even caring about the show and the Duggar's after they showed Anna first birth on TV, that was the end. Giving birth is a private matter not something that you need or should share with the world. In my Grandmother's famous voice "When it is not right, it just not right"

Howard's the mod on quite a few shows. He's completely clueless about all of the ones I've seen him on. I beginning to think he's just a software program.

I couldn't believe it when he had to ask someone why Paige Davis (originally from Trading Spaces) was called MPDP. TWOP coined that reference, for fuck's sake. It's one thing for a new user not to know that but a mod should know more about the history of the forum.

A while ago, I invited AuntieTig, to come and post over here. I really wish that she would.

Can you nudge her again? I enjoy AuntieTig's posts—I could see where she might be stretched to post on another forum, but no Howard here!

I couldn't believe it when he had to ask someone why Paige Davis (originally from Trading Spaces) was called MPDP. TWOP coined that reference, for fuck's sake. It's one thing for a new user not to know that but a mod should know more about the history of the forum.

Why was she called that?

Why was she called that?

Her full name is Mindy Paige Davis Page. It was in the FAQ for TS for awhile.

Is that show still on?

She goes by Paige Davis but her full maiden name was Mindy Paige Davis. Her husband's last name is Page, so the joke was that her full name would be Mindy Paige Davis Page or MPDP. I think it was Deborah who coined it back in 2001.

I don't think it is, cpennylane. TLC overdid it and killed it with endless promotions and spin-offs.

In regards to the Duggars getting to go first on the rides:

At that particular amusement park, you can pay extra for a special pass to get to go to the front part of the line. Maybe TLC sprang for those so they wouldn't have to stand around all day in line.

Also that amusement park is only super crowded from June to early September and on the weekends. Since it was mid May when they went (Jill's birthday is in mid May), if they went on the weekdays, there were likely not very long lines in the first place.

(Our family has season passes to SDC, and we try to time our trips around April-Mayish and after school starts in late Sept-early Oct. That way it's not too cool for the water rides, and not crowded. We *never* go on Saturdays. It's always crowded on Saturdays. The rest of the time, it's great, b/c the lines are never longer than 5 min or so. :) )

I'll also give them a pass on being able to ride roller coasters and the electro spin thing without sickness. I have several children who get carsick/airsick. They have no issue on the roller coasters. Don't ask me why, maybe it's b/c they are so fast???

And they should have taken the scared lady on a different roller coaster!! That one is the oldest roller coaster in the park, and the jerkiest, roughest riding one! The newer ones might have bigger dips and one goes upside down, but they are a much quicker, smoother ride, and she might not have been so scared. Same for the one girl who was trying hard not to cry. :( Poor girl.

Being no great fan of rollercoasters, I find JB extremely cruel to try to force or trick anyone into riding one. Instead of going along with him, he'd have gotten an earful from me about his bullying nasty behavior.

BTW, Howard is a she. It doesn't make her moderating any better but it seems Howard isn't her real first name.

Her full name is Mindy Paige Davis Page. It was in the FAQ for TS for awhile.

Is that show still on?

I do not even know. I don't think so. I watched it for a long time back in the day but then that one chick started draping everything in fabric every week and Frank wasn't on very much so I got sad and quit watching. I only liked Frank.

BTW, Howard is a she. It doesn't make her moderating any better but it seems Howard isn't her real first name.

I thought someone here said Howard is really a guy named Gary or Larry.

I PM'd with her a few times over a problem with the software update awhile back and she said she was a she. Could have been fooling me I guess.

Howard is a girl? Whatever Howard is, he or she is a jackass.

True that!

I PM'd with her a few times over a problem with the software update awhile back and she said she was a she. Could have been fooling me I guess.

You never know. I knew a poster on another messageboard who was very secretive and coy about her gender.

Regarding 3-year-olds and bunk beds, I'm still freaked out over one of the first cases I ever worked on 20 years ago. I evaluated a four-year-old who when she was two fell from the top bunk and hit her head on the corner of the dresser. She had had frequent seizures since then and with each seizure, the brain damage grew worse. While bunk beds may be safe for some, the Duggars are a wild bunch and the supervision is suspect, even though the older girls are there. I would not put a little kid in a bunk bed period.

I hate people and Duggar apologists on Youtube. One person told me I was probably "projecting" for criticizing them, because "I don't know them" (I guess they do?). I see. Thank you, resident Youtube psychologist.

Bunk beds also make me nervous. I just got a set for BoyKay this past summer; he's 8, but with having autism, I was nervous about his getting up and down at night, night terrors, etc., and keeping him safe. The Duggar's bunk beds make me cringe. I've only ever seen them use the most inexpensive metal frame ones, which also seem to have the lowest safety rails, from all of the comparisons I did. With all of those rowdy kids, that seriously freaks me out.

Not to mention the fact that they wear out fairly quickly, and probably aren't as safe as they should be after this much time. I get rather pissed off every time I see them - they can afford decent bunk beds. I had to spend a few months putting money aside for the set that I just bought, but it was worth it for sturdy wood construction, and higher railings.

I've owned a few pieces of furniture of that material - it's aluminum, right? - and even with gentle use, they've never lasted more than a couple of years. How long have growing boys been sleeping and playing on those exact same bunks? I seriously doubt that they're ever checked for loose or worn parts. I check BoyKay's bunk bed every time I change the bedding, once a week at least; it only takes a couple of minutes to give it a quick going-over to look for weak spots or loose hardware. We're also reinforcing the bottoms of the bunks to support more weight, since BoyKay is a big kid, and plans to sleep up there indefinitely. Aren't there weight limits on the upper bunks?

Maybe I'm paranoid, but I don't care. It's my responsibility as a parent to ensure that my kids are as safe as possible in their environment, and it seriously pisses me off when people are so careless.

Regarding 3-year-olds and bunk beds, I'm still freaked out over one of the first cases I ever worked on 20 years ago. I evaluated a four-year-old who when she was two fell from the top bunk and hit her head on the corner of the dresser. She had had frequent seizures since then and with each seizure, the brain damage grew worse. While bunk beds may be safe for some, the Duggars are a wild bunch and the supervision is suspect, even though the older girls are there. I would not put a little kid in a bunk bed period.

Yeah three year olds should NOT be in a bunk bed, not unless they have those safety boards that prevent them from falling out. Even so, that's pretty young and little to be sleeping so high above the ground. But you know how these fundie families are...gotta pack those kids in tight, save space.

According to a pediatrician quoted on the Fisher Price site: Every year, over 30,000 children are treated in U.S. hospital emergency rooms and approximately 10 children die from bunk bed injuries. Serious injuries happen when children get their heads trapped between the railings, hang, and fall from the bed. While 60% of the children who died in bunk beds are under 3 years of age, a significant number of older children are injured, as well. http://www.fisher-price.com/en_US/playt ... :169-17894

Yikes! :?

Yikes indeed Swissbeauty. But the Duggars won't be included in that 30,000 because they are special and have God's favor right?

The general lack of concern for the safety of those children is appalling with the bunk bed/todder situation being only one example of many.

If something did happen, Michelle would laugh and smile all the way to the hospital.

I always thought the sleep-sequences were staged, as the only time actual sleep-wear has been involved (if I remember correctly) was in the "Moving in"-special. Every Duggar-kid shown in bed always seems to be fully dressed, and seriously a family so preoccupied with "modesty", would they really allow a film-crew into a bedroom if there was any chance of "nakedness" aka "an elbow" showing outside of a blanket?

I thought someone here said Howard is really a guy named Gary or Larry.

I also thought Howard was a guy. I remember people on twop found out that he/she used to post on twop under a different name and later on they found a yahoo account linked to a guy. Whether Howard is a female or male, that mod is an asshole. I only read the twop 19kac thread maybe once every couple of weeks. Howard closed down the thread about the Jubliee miscarriage. The moderating done on twop is pretty much done in a cherry picking style. On the Nancy Grace thread, Casey Anthony's name couldn't be mentioned at all in the thread, the discussion had to be solely on Nancy. On the Teen Mom threads, real time events couldn't be discussed because they didn't happen on the show. Yet on the Girls Next Door Thread, real time events could be discussed on that thread and the mods are/were ok with Amy Duggar's Facebook and Twitter updates being mentioned on the 19kac thread.

There are a few twop threads that the mods never or rarely look at and those threads are pretty much a free for all. The True Life thread has only been touched by the mods a handful of times. The thread for the short lived reality show Dirty Soap was never touched by the mods at all. Posting on the thread was fun because the show followed a group of soap stars and a lot of real time events and soap star rumors were discussed in that thread.

Archived