IGNORED

How to smack a bitch

thoughtful

They forgot my favorite-

The Paxton Quiggly special, where the abused blows her abuser's head off with her new gun and gets off scot free in the courts. She then gets applauded by her feminist friends for her heroics.

Seriously though, the kind of guys that get into this stuff are the ones that are awkward and scared of women.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does it seem to you all that there is more openess about hating women lately?

Yes. Or misogynists are simply coming into the light because our culture never really stopped hating women in the first place.

Im going to go look at pictures of kittens. That is disturbing.

Me too. I'm trying to upload pics of my kitten for people, but the imugr app is being stupid. It must hate sleeping kittens.

Big hugs to everybody for whom this is extremely personal.

Might I suggest this? http://fuckyeahrachelmaddow.tumblr.com/

I'm a recent convert to Rachel's brand of awesome (and to US politics, er make that all politics) and as such am obsessed with how smart and funny and hot she is. Watching her shows on the msnbc site is an excellent antidote to reading about a case here which is rapidly devolving into victim blaming.

I can't look at that site either. Evil arseholes.

Yes. Or misogynists are simply coming into the light because our culture never really stopped hating women in the first place.

In one way, I think it's like any form of bigotry -- there will always be mind-bogglingly monstrous examples of it, like these pieces of filth.

And, now and then, more "socially acceptable" versions of it will cycle around, like the Fundies' and Republicans' sick version of "protecting" women. :roll:

Which is why we all need to be aware and vigilant, speak up whenever we see it, and support one another in saying "this isn't normal, this is wrong."

Which is one of the reasons I like FJ!

In a way, I'm glad they are spewing their filth online -- before the Internet, idiots like this would swagger only among a few other guys in a bar. Now the SPLC is reporting on them -- people are making it clear that it is not acceptable, that this is vile hatred, not a funny joke.

My hugs and comfort to anyone who has gone through something like this, or has a loved one who has. Reading this thread brought me to tears. I've been the target of manipulative emotional abuse, but no physical violence.

I hope that, even for those who didn't want to go to the guycode site, the SPLC article was readable, and that it was some comfort that they are listing these schmucks as a hate group.

agreed

I just can't either..

hideous

Me neither...

To think that some assholes have so much time to waste thinking about this. Not funny. At all.

They forgot my favorite-

The Paxton Quiggly special, where the abused blows her abuser's head off with her new gun and gets off scot free in the courts. She then gets applauded by her feminist friends for her heroics.

Seriously though, the kind of guys that get into this stuff are the ones that are awkward and scared of women.

Or the Farah's Burning Bed Special, where the abuser is trapped in his burning bedroom, courtesy of his "I've had enough!!" long-suffering wife.

I have no words for the disgust I'm feeling. Since when is violence acceptable against another person. If they're pissing you off that much go off and take a walk or do something to get away until you cool down.

Vile and disgusting. :evil:

Gee, they missed the "Bounced her head off of the passenger side window" bitch slap. Been there, done that.

Bastards.

My ex-boyfriend did that to me too once. He thought it was hysterical. Asshole. :evil:

I had to do it. I went to the site. I'm sad to say that this isn't the worst article that they have. "Jail bait" is a favorite topic, it seems, complete with photos that I always thought would be illegal, among other topics. The spelling is also atrocious. Perfect, a bunch of semi-literate sexist pigs providing revolting spew for the assholes of the online world. As another woman who has been beaten, raped, and abused in general, it is my opinion that these asswads seriously need to go die in a fire. I can't imagine people like this possibly having any redeeming qualities to offer the world.

Remember, they are hiding behind the internet. If you confronted all these men, several of them would be cowering, saying it was just talk and they don't actually treat women like that. Then you can burn the ones who stand by what they wrote.

All I can think of is an intelligent, lovely young woman I met at a domestic violence conference back in the '70s. Her vile husband had done these things to her, and she staggered, bruised and bleeding, to her friend and nextdoor neighbor for help. And said "friend" just stood there saying incredulously, "But Charlie's such a nice guy..."

I could puke.

It was my mother that said that about me. I didnt speak to her for 2 years and she still thinks my ex is a good guy even after he was jailed for the same thing to another ex.

So wrong.

A couple more they missed:

-the squeeze her arm so hard it leaves a bruise for each fingerprint

and

-the jump up out of a chair while reaching for her neck to choke her

This was done to me 11 years ago by my ex-fiance. Along with squeezing my wrist so hard I thought it would break, leaving multiple bruises on my body, and being emotionally and verbally abusive as well. His favorite things to call me were slut (I was virgin at the time) and bitch. And this all happened when I was a 20-year-old college student still living with my parents. Thankfully he only tried to choke me that one time. I responded to that by knocking his hands away from me and repeatedly punching him in the face. (Not that I would recommend this to anyone in an abusive situation, I kind of snapped after putting up with nearly 2 years of his bullshit. I will admit it felt good to take the power back though.) I am just thankful he showed his true colors before we got married.

Not reading the link, but A CAT IN A FAIRY COSTUME!!!!!! OMG SQUEEE!!!!!

How did you do that without the cat killing you?

Not reading the link, but A CAT IN A FAIRY COSTUME!!!!!! OMG SQUEEE!!!!!

How did you do that without the cat killing you?

She lets me do it since she knows she gets lots of treats, I think you can see my hand with a treat in the corner of the picture.

She did destroy the wings shortly after I took the picture.

She lets me do it since she knows she gets lots of treats, I think you can see my hand with a treat in the corner of the picture.

She did destroy the wings shortly after I took the picture.

She does have a bit of a "I will destroy you!" look on her face. My cat would've killed me if I tried that.

The vet once told me I had to put a cone on her to keep her from pulling at her stitches. I tried, I really did. I had her backed into a corner where she glared at me, puffing up and hissing, daring em to encroach any further. I chickened out...so much for the heroine. I kept an eye on her after that to make sure she didn't pull them out. She responded by puking on my clothes.

She does have a bit of a "I will destroy you!" look on her face. My cat would've killed me if I tried that.

The vet once told me I had to put a cone on her to keep her from pulling at her stitches. I tried, I really did. I had her backed into a corner where she glared at me, puffing up and hissing, daring em to encroach any further. I chickened out...so much for the heroine. I kept an eye on her after that to make sure she didn't pull them out. She responded by puking on my clothes.

She is also the laziest cat ever, it would be too much work for her to fight me.

Might I suggest this? http://fuckyeahrachelmaddow.tumblr.com/

I'm a recent convert to Rachel's brand of awesome (and to US politics, er make that all politics) and as such am obsessed with how smart and funny and hot she is. Watching her shows on the msnbc site is an excellent antidote to reading about a case here which is rapidly devolving into victim blaming.

I can't look at that site either. Evil arseholes.

Here, let me help your day get even better:

http://rachelmaddowheygirl.tumblr.com/

Although, I'm not sure that can top the kitty in the fairy costume.

One of my cats only had the cone on for a few seconds at a time, but in the end, he left his stitches alone.

Abuse of any gender is not funny and Im glad these ass hats are listed as a hat group. Sigh. Do you know I could nit even fathom that men get abused by their wifes. I had that wtf moment in 9 th grade when nrw family joined our church and fould out his wife used to beat him. Sorry side note. Just uggg. M going to go.love on my chow.

Archived