twin2

I have some weird tastes in TV entertainment, one of my guilty pleasures is Deadly Women and Investigation Discovery. I have no idea what it is that draws me to this show, but every time I'm channel surfing and its on, I stop and watch. Why am I posting this now, because there top10 list of deadly women is on. If anyone else out there in the FJ universe watches this, please help me understand my obsession!!

I love love love I.D. But I hate Deadly Women, only because it is very inaccurate on a lot of the cases. I'll watch it if it's on.

But crime and murder are fascinating. Or at least I think so.

I watched a few minutes of that the other night while channel surfing. I would probably watch it if the reenactments were less "realistic". The dramatic dramatizations ( :mrgreen: ) really give me the willies.

I've only seen a little bit of "Deadly Women," because my brother always has the TV on at his house. But I have a strong suspicion that the dramatic reenactments are all dramatically reenacted by Australian actors who have each independently chosen an "American accent" from some part of the US selected uniformly at random. Man, those accents!

I have Discovery ID on LITERALLY 24/7 because it's the only channel I get now on my bedroom tv (long story). Fortunately, I love that channel so it's ok. I watch it a fair amount of the time even when I'm not forced to because it's the only channel I get ;)

I saw part of that Deadly Women ep, but I ended up falling asleep before it was over. They will replay it a million times I am sure..or maybe I can get it on demand. I'll have to check. I noticed I can get Nightmare Next Door and Behind Mansion Walls on demand now.

My humble opinion on your guilty pleasure: If you are a woman, and a kind, compassionate one at that, then this show fascinates you by showing you that which in your soul is impossible to fathom. You are probably watching to find out why and how they could bring themselves to do these things. At least, that's my excuse! I don't watch Deadly Women, but for a long time I indulged myself in true crime books, particlarly crimes committed by women I was fascinated in a macabre way. Maybe I'll have to try Deadly Women...

I don't care for that show and here's why. The woman that hosts it says very little about why women kill, which very often is because of abuse. She always makes it sound like the women are evil, conniving ball-breakers. I get the feeling she doesn't like women very much.

That being said, I don't excuse murder for (almost) any reason. But it should be mentioned how badly damaged many of these women were due to chronic mistreatment, most often from men.

My humble opinion on your guilty pleasure: If you are a woman, and a kind, compassionate one at that, then this show fascinates you by showing you that which in your soul is impossible to fathom. You are probably watching to find out why and how they could bring themselves to do these things. At least, that's my excuse! I don't watch Deadly Women, but for a long time I indulged myself in true crime books, particlarly crimes committed by women I was fascinated in a macabre way. Maybe I'll have to try Deadly Women...

I think THIS is why I watch that show or any kind of show like that on Discovery :) lol.

And I do second what others said about the inaccuracies, it is rampant in the media nowadays but oh well.

Lastly, I agree with delaleem- there is usually a reason for women going off like that, BUT- I wouldn't lump all of the ladies in one category. There's usually a rogue female that does not follow the 'standard' and could just kill for pleasure, or because of insanity, or .... whatever. I dunno, just being a bit of a devil's advocate, I think. lol.

Archived