IGNORED

Priscilla and David Waller are expecting!

xReems

There was a comment left by "Joy-Anna." It is definitely the Duggar; she talked about the wedding and some other things in one of the worst examples of SOTDRT English I've ever read. Even typing on an iphone doesn't excuse the horrible grammar, run on sentences and spelling errors. At the rate she's writing now, that poor kid is going to be in school until she's 25 unless someone rescues her and teaches her proper English before then. She's nowhere near the level of a 10th grader, not even one from the worst inner-city school. Been there, seen much better writing from even the remedial classes. :doh:

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There was a comment left by "Joy-Anna." It is definitely the Duggar; she talked about the wedding and some other things in one of the worst examples of SOTDRT English I've ever read. Even typing on an iphone doesn't excuse the horrible grammar, run on sentences and spelling errors. At the rate she's writing now, that poor kid is going to be in school until she's 25 unless someone rescues her and teaches her proper English before then. She's nowhere near the level of a 10th grader, not even one from the worst inner-city school. Been there, seen much better writing from even the remedial classes. :doh:

You reminded me I was going to post about her comment! :lol: I thought it was interesting that she said something like "thanks for telling us via your BLOG" as opposed to some generic "we're so happy for you," or "we were so excited when you told us." Clearly they're not that close if the Duggars found out via a blog and not even an impersonal text. I wonder if Anna was even told and just hadn't told others or what, but I do find it odd at the very least.

More proof that Priscilla has nothing to do with any of this:

Congratulations! David – my mom just told me yesterday you were married and I promptly looked up your website. I was so surprised to hear it and have greatly enjoyed reading the story of the leading of your two lives together! God is faithful! I am living up i Canada now with my husband of one year, and we have been greatly blessed with the birth of our first child, a little girl, just three weeks ago. Being parents is awesome, and we wouldn’t trade it for anything else. Rich blessings to the two of you as you look forward to yet another new chapter in life!

In Christ’s love,

Andrea

Are there any gay men on here who also think David is gay?

I already cast my emphatic "yes" vote. :D

Guest Anonymous

cause its his way of saying "HEY LOOK, SEE, I AM A PERFECTLY STRAIGHT FERTILE MALE"

Yeah, I def got a certain "vibe" off him! Not a big deal for most people, but in their world....him coming out would be tantamount to expressing a desire to worship satan. :evil:

WHY does he talk like he's speaking to small children? Does anyone know if his siblings or parents speak that same way? Decorating the pregnancy test that she'd peed on....I just can't find the words!!

How freaking illiterate are their commenters?

Crysten September 7, 2012

GOD Bless you .are you trusting the lord on how many kids you have.how far along are you

Anna September 7, 2012

Congradulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kristy September 7, 2012

Congradulations. On the new little buddle of joy on the way.

Re

Spelling and punctuation, people!

Oi, so many things to note here. I'll keep it down to a few:

A) 98th me on David is flaming gay. I love teh gheys, and it makes me sad that he lives in a culture where he can never be who he really is. He seems to be trying.so.hard...listening to his YouTube on impregnating Prissy made me cringe with how robotic the delivery was.

B) oh Joy Anna. It's almost as if each kid gets less and less of an education as you go down the line. And not that Josh and the older girls were particulary well educated to begin with considering Michelle was their teacher. I know Joy Anna is one of the girls FJ'ers root for to escape, but with her level of education it is going to make it damn near impossible to thrive in the world outside of TTH.

Joy-Anna September 6, 2012

that is so awesome thank you for sharing it on your website, it was a blessing to see your beautiful wedding and now to see that you are expecting wow! God bless you guys you will be great parents!

:shifty: :?

I actually don't think Joy-Anna's comment is all that bad for her age, maybe just a year or two behind. She's only 14, right? I am hopeful she will catch up. She has good spelling and sentence structure. She is only missing punctuation and capitalization, which is often the part that children develop last. She is also missing those things consistently, instead of using them the wrong way. She may have also used an iphone to comment and was just too lazy or frustrated to bother. Yeah, she needs improvement but she seems to write like an average middle schooler. I guess I am willing to give her some slack because she isn't an adult yet.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well, I certainly know what I will be thinking about the next time I have sex...thanks for the eye candy

It's his fabulous website, silly. Didn't you notice the name: DavidLovesPriscilla. Not DavidAndPriscilla, not TheWallers, not PrissyAndTheGayMan. It is DAVIDLovesPriscilla! It is all about fabulously gay David. Priscilla is just there for show.

I would totally watch a sitcom called Prissy & The Gay Man, especially if they went all retro-y and shot it in black and white and added a crappy laugh track. LOGO needs to look into this.

I actually don't think Joy-Anna's comment is all that bad for her age, maybe just a year or two behind. She's only 14, right? I am hopeful she will catch up. She has good spelling and sentence structure. She is only missing punctuation and capitalization, which is often the part that children develop last. She is also missing those things consistently, instead of using them the wrong way. She may have also used an iphone to comment and was just too lazy or frustrated to bother. Yeah, she needs improvement but she seems to write like an average middle schooler. I guess I am willing to give her some slack because she isn't an adult yet.

Yeah, I was expecting much worse, going by the comments here. If this is how she normally writes, I think she could catch up with just a remedial grammar course (as long as it's well taught!). In my experience, the hardest thing to catch up on is sentence structure (better writers tend to have an instinct for it that comes from well spoken parents/peers or lots of reading), but hers seems fine. She did use one comma incorrectly but I knew people in writing college who hadn't got the hang of them. I've definitely seen worse from girls her age.

I don't think the comment is all that terrible either. I tutored middle schoolers for several years while I was in graduate school and I wouldn't have blinked an eye at her comment as a rough draft.

Are they garlic cloves? Pearl onions?

I graded papers for a teacher when I was in high school. Joy-Anna's comment is okay compared to some of the papers I read. "Nourth Curriea" is one that I will never forget.

Archived