IGNORED

Priscilla and David Waller are expecting!

xReems

May David find the strength and clarity to one day say both to himself and to the world :gay-imgay:

He is so brainwashed he may not even recognize it. His whole life and his identity are wrapped up in "be fruitful and multiply". I hope they are happy with each other. God help the rest of us who have to be exposed to them.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched some of their wedding at the time but if I remember correctly my connection went haywire. I didn't see the whole thing. I just watched the stupid Duggar show now (I'm sick, in bed, and since I slept all day I can't sleep now...I'm delusional).

I will not discuss the fact that the entire show is an advertisement for ATI - I'll just acknowledge it and wonder how the hell anyone can watch that show and not see it for the commercial it is.

Back to the Waller's - my opinion of David is reinforced after this. Priscilla is on speshul snowflake. I don't know that she is actually 'slow' - but she certainly has no clue how to communicate. You have to think to hold a conversation. Without being fed her lines, she is lost and it is obvious in every attempt she makes at opening her mouth.

Fundie fail all around.

My most immediate concern is how they plan on supporting their child, and probably soon-to-be growing family. If Priscilla starts popping out babies from here on out, is David going to be able to not stuff his quivers into cardboard boxes? What does David do again? Looking at where Priscilla and Anna's grew up, I can't imagine growing up in such a tiny trailer with so many people! I hope no child in this country is condemned to live in dire circumstances because their parents are too stupid to use birth control.

I have a confession. I still have all of my pee sticks from my pregnancy with ToddlerKay, and a few from previous pregnancies. :oops: I dried them out in the bathroom, and then sort of laminated the inner strip onto a piece of card stock with clear tape. Then I framed them and now they hang above our bed as a reminder to welcome God's blessings.

Okay - they're stashed away in layers of plastic in a keepsake box. No pee went anywhere except in the bathroom. I did present MrKay with a pee stick, but in the bathroom.

I only watched parts of the wedding episode; it bored me to tears. I wasn't sure if David was gay or like one of my fundie-lite cousins, just really emotionally immature and nervous. Now my very reliable gaydar is shrieking - forget pinging. I almost feel bad for them. It's like whoever arranged the marriage - or I should say - encouraged the match, knew that Priscilla was the kind of woman who would happily play house and not trust her suspicions of David's flaming homosexuality. Poor David may be able to relax a bit more around her than other people, but he's still stuck pitching for the wrong team.

Both of Priss and David creep me out. They seem like they are just playing house, and I feel for this poor child that will be thrust into this wackadoo home and cult.

This is just all kinds of depressing........In addition to to causing a thermonuclear meltdown in my Gaydar, both of these people ping my creep meter, independent of David's obvious repression of his orientation. :hand:

Has Gothard really never been married? Not that I think he should, but considering procreation is his whole deal, i thought he'd at least have a few dozen children himself.

Maybe Priscilla was less grossed out by David than Anna was by Smuggar. Or, judging by the tonsil hockey, he was a lot more eager. I still maintain how icky poo it would be to go from kisses to sex in a span of hours. You wouldn't sleep with someone you met the same day.

I went from kissing to sex in about an hour, with a good friend of mine. I'd known him for a while, though. And I was no virgin.

Yeah, and Mrs. Keller's still wearing the exact same glasses.

And Mr. Keller has aged about 60 years over the last 25 years.

David didn't necessarily have to have penetration for Priscilla to be pregnant. I have a friend who resisted and said no on a prom date rape, there was no penetration, she got pregnant. It happens, strong swimmers. :oops:

Expect the Smuggars to announce number three any time now. You know Josh won't let the BeardWallers get ahead of him. This may be the next "race to twenty" starting right now, folks.

Eta-the child right before Prissy is Daniel, the disgraced oldest son. Did we ever hear about him having spina bifida before?

I don't know, I'm not convinced Anna wants a lot of kids.

I don't know about the spins bifida. All the kids I've known in my school nurse career who had it had some residual deficits even after surgery. My daughter has something called spina bifida occulta, a mild type of spin bifida without nervous system involvement.

I've seen too many pictures of pee sticks lately to be surprised at this lovely present. I haven't said anything about it yet because I actually liked the people posting the pictures, but one day, I will. A simple "I'm pregnant!" does suffice.

My gaydar just almost exploded. If he didn't come across as such a condescending ass, I'd feel sorry for him.

I don't know about the spins bifida. All the kids I've known in my school nurse career who had it had some residual deficits even after surgery. My daughter has something called spina bifida occulta, a mild type of spin bifida without nervous system involvement.

Any medical professional: Are there degrees of spina bifida and if so, can a "minor" case be resolved, or is this a "miracle?" Take into account when he was born c. '82-3.

eta: OT...I need math help. PM!

My God. I was willing to give him a tiny, tiny sliver of doubt even after the 19K&C episode, but that 41-second clip? TEH GHEY IT BUUUUURNZ. :angry-extinguishflame:

I've seen many variations on this movie but only two outcomes. In my experience, the later in life a man comes out of the closet, the more explosively it tends to happen—I'm talking the WWII generation and early baby boomers who got married, had kids, finally got a clue somewhere after 40, and then slutted their way from Fire Island to Palm Springs. But then the alternative is staying closeted and dying slowly that way; I have a friend in that situation, and thirteen years and three kids later, there's no spark left behind his eyes whatsoever. (His church is on the cult-y side, not surprisingly.) I'm assuming David will also wind up in that scenario, which...whatever, he's choosing to drink the Kool-Aid at this point, so I guess we just have to hope he'll be a good dad. Oh wait, he's a fundie. And a creepy tool.

Good luck, little gayby. You're gonna need it.

One of my friends had a traumatic experience coming out. Everyone he told, said the same thing. "Yes, we know. We still love you and dont want you to change. " He was so worked up about being rejected. My friend is so lucky to have family and friends like this.

I do have another friend who was married and had kids before he came out. It took many years for his kids to understand why things happened the way they did. My friend was expected to mary, there was no if ands or buts about it. He did his best to love his wife. In a way he did love her but only as a friend. Its tragic that we still try to force love into a box. Sexuality is not black or white. Its all shades of gray just like love.

I feel sad for any child born into a marriage that was forced out of expectation. Its not fair to the child or either of the parents.

I'm not convinced, either. I also don't think that Smuggar is as dumb and drunk on the Kool Aid as we assume. Something tells me they actually have totally different plans but are toeing their parents' party line on order to stay on the money gravy train.

Additionally, I never thought Anna really was that submissive girlie following her husband's lead. Suze once captioned a picture in which the Keller kids played a board game with "Anna is telling everyone what to do - as always" or something. That makes me think that Anna is WAY more involved in the decision making process in their own home. Furthermore, contact with Anna's siblings, especially her sister Rebekah's husband Josh, might have positively rubbed off on him. We don't know but I hope that's the way it is. I hope for the both of them that rather sooner than later they can turn their backs on the crazy and catch up on what they've missed while going to the SOTDRT. I wish I could tell them that they CAN be devoted Christians without all the hate and bigotry, the keep sweet mentality and a load of kids.

My gaydar never seems to work, but it did when I watched the video. He is not straight!

IMO the Duggars are very capable people who got caught up in a cult after something happened which affected them deeply, as with a lot of people who join cults.

These two seem like they would have trouble providing a cat with all it needs.

I have no gaydar, but after that video he does appear to be gay. Very gay. But at the same time they both come off as very childish, so maybe that is that. This is a baby, not a new electronic. It is going to be a lot of hard work and I'm not sure either of them are equiped to deal with that.

Any medical professional: Are there degrees of spina bifida and if so, can a "minor" case be resolved, or is this a "miracle?" Take into account when he was born c. '82-3.

Not a medical professional but yes, there are degrees of SB that range in severity. Occulta is the mildest and most common; myelomeningocele is the most severe. My daughter--who was born in 1990--has a rare form of SP, a lipomyelomeningocele/tethered cord, that was resolved with 9 hours of neurosurgery when she was 10 days old. She's still followed by a neurologist, has a long scar along her spine and a small but noticeable bump on her lower back but except for her slightly odd gait (and a couple of other minor issues that may or may not be related), you'd never know she had a problem, especially since she's off-the-charts smart. So even though Priscilla's (I can't call her Pris because that makes me think of Darryl Hanna in Bladerunner and this Pris is SO not that) brother was born earlier than DD, when there were fewer advances in medicine, it's very possible that he either has a mild form of SB or one that one resolved surgically--it's never cured--with few lingering effects. In that regard you COULD consider it a miracle. I know I do--DD's doctors WERE miraculous.

They both still creep me out. They not only drank the Kool-Aid, it runs through their veins. AAAAIIIIEEE!

Sort of OT but I gots ta know... What exactly is "riffles?" I'm usually pretty good about figuring out the lingo of the interwebz but this one's got me stumped. Word salad, rambling, verbal diarrhea? Am I guilty? Do I need to edit? Am I riffling now? TIA...

Riffle = spelling mistake or typo. Originated with some fundie SOTDRT (school of the dining room table) blogger (I forget which) who was trying to spell rifle.

Thanks for the information on Spina Bifida and glad to hear that your daughter has done so well.

They certainly have traveled a heck of a lot during these first 5 months! I hope they at very least realize they cannot continue doing that with a very pregnant Priscilla, or a new baby!

So what does David do? Just preaching for gothard? Do they just live at Gothard HQ still?

And for sure about the gay suspicions, was expecting something like this on the day of the wedding:

funny-engagement-ring-guys.jpg

Riffle = spelling mistake or typo. Originated with some fundie SOTDRT (school of the dining room table) blogger (I forget which) who was trying to spell rifle.

Thanks for the information on Spina Bifida and glad to hear that your daughter has done so well.

Thank you!

And thank you!

I think it was Kendal if memory serves.

Dear, sweet Jesus.

I didn't watch any of the wedding footage, but from this short little clip, it's ridiculously obvious that this guy is not straight. Let me correct that: there's a chance he's straight and just incredibly immature/naive. THAT CHANCE, HOWEVER, IS MICROSCOPICALLY SMALL. My God. That poor guy. Poor everyone involved in this situation, because even though David and Priscilla are adults and could potentially have left this cult, they are still, primarily, the victims of their parents' choices. And I can't even put into words how sorry I feel for their poor baby.

What a clusterfuck.

ETA: And I just noticed I'm "Secretly Bill Gothard" now. Awesome. :lol:

From a previous blog post:

Stacey September 6, 2012

So exciting!!!! When is the due date? I’m currently expecting our 4th baby, due April 2013.

David Waller September 6, 2012

Thanks for asking! Our due date is March 9 and we are excitedly awaiting and yet also enjoying the time.

According to the online conception calculator they got preggers between June 12 and June 20. Making Priscilla almost 3 months along 11/12 weeks.

Not a medical professional but yes, there are degrees of SB that range in severity. Occulta is the mildest and most common; myelomeningocele is the most severe. .

QFT

Spina bifida has a spectrum of sequelae. The medical term is Neural tube defect and this is a good descriptor. The neural tube consists of the cord +nerve roots, their coverings (the meninges), the vertebra and the skin covering the back. The defect can be mild - as in the case of spina bifida occult where the defect is in the vertebra (and the skin, cord, nerves, meninges all remain intact) to severe when the cord +/-nerves + meninges all poke out through an opening in the vertebra and skin. Even in this case there can be varying degrees of cord/nerve damage and the damage may or may not be recoverable. Spina bifida occulta is relative common - I see it often when I spend the day reading out spine imaging cases. More severe neural tube defects are much less common and have become even less common since the routine use of folic acid in pregnancy was started.

Maybe I am too cynical but I think that Pricilla's brother may have had a very mild form of spina bifida - perhaps so mild that treatment was not needed and the family is blowing things all out of proportion just to make a show of how God is working for them.

I managed to get on my daughter's laptop once she'd gone to school, so I could watch with sound.

Oh my! David is POSITIVELY FLAMING! He is so gay.

Archived