IGNORED

Priscilla and David Waller are expecting!

xReems

Not a chance. One of the shunned Keller siblings is named Daniel. No way they'd name a kid after someone who rejected Gothardism.

Oh, duh. :doh: So shunned that I forgot about him. Dennis, then? :P

dOOTKA0aGI0

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't say I find myself jumping for joy at hearing them having a baby. However, I wouldn't wish a miscarriage on them. I honestly don't think poor Priscilla could cope with that well at all. She would probably be the type to think she had some sort of sin to repay that caused a miscarriage. :roll:

I can only hope that D&P are more mellow parents, and might perhaps see the effects of trying to crush a childs spirit with their biblical bullshit. But that's probably wishful thinking.

Although a boy will fair better in their lifestyle, it'll still have it's spirit and innocence beaten out of them, which just makes me sad.

Im quite glad its a boy, cause boys get treated better.

Lets just hope David finds the act of sex with a woman so disgusting that he decides not to do it again.

It seems weird to even think that theyre sexually active-Priscilla is pretty much like a child.

Im quite glad its a boy, cause boys get treated better.

Lets just hope David finds the act of sex with a woman so disgusting that he decides not to do it again.

It seems weird to even think that theyre sexually active-Priscilla is pretty much like a child.

I'm glad, too, that it's a boy, I would'nt wish any girl to grow up like that.

But I don't think Priscilla is actually that childish or "behind". It's probably some sort of nervousness in front of the camera and in new situations, I think. Remember when Anna first appeared in the show? She was more or less the same. Maybe Priscilla will get used to it like Anna. Or maybe someone, just anyone, needs to point out to her, that that isn't a normal way to speak for an adult.

What worries me more is that David seems to be well educated (for a fundie) and in addition to that highly intelligent and manipulative. I just hope he won't turn out be abusive. Poor Priscilla...

I don't think hoping for an (early) miscarriage is harmful. Miscarriages are very common. It's not like hoping for a stillbirth.

There's a chance that could happen to the child, but unlikely. It's a bit like saying people who want an abortion and can't take care of a child shouldn't get one because their child might be Beethoven.

It's a shitty experience to go through, and I won't actively wish harm on them.

I'll hope for some enlightened child rearing instead - perhaps a "gentle Christian" parenting site to let them know that plumbing line is not necessary for discipline, a realization that the entire outside world is not evil and that the lives of woman are not less worthy than the lives of yet-to-be-conceived children.

Just read the DaveyLovesPrissy post on it being a boy. I wanted to reply NO YOU DUMB F__k YOUR WIFE is due to have the baby on March 9. Your part took about 7 seconds............... I cannot stand it when MEN say "We're pregnant or we're in labor"--if the WOMAN wants to say it--fine. I realize though that the Wallers are now "one" but I still don't like him saying it.

God help this boy. What will his name be "Stalwart Christian Dominionist Waller" ?? Or, as a thank you, Bill Gothard Jim-Bob Waller?

Well, I guess now that we know the gender, we can start the name pool. If they do follow the Duggar model, then it'll be all D names. What's in the Bible...Daniel. I'll go with Daniel.

Or if they really are Duggar wannabes, there's always...Duggar! Duggar Waller. :puke-front: Fortunately, I don't think even these two nimrods are dumb enough to go that far.

Or they could name him after the patriarch- David Jr.

Or if they really are Duggar wannabes, there's always...Duggar! Duggar Waller. :puke-front: Fortunately, I don't think even these two nimrods are dumb enough to go that far.

I don't think they'll do that and really don't expect the same letter thing either. It'll be "meaningful" names. Gothard is pretty hot on what names mean after all.

How about Color Me Barbara Waller? No? Ok! Leviticus Eighteentwentytwo Waller? GreatIam Waller?

They could, but...how boring. At least give it one of those illiterate-kreativ fundie spellings!

They could, but...how boring. At least give it one of those illiterate-kreativ fundie spellings!

Deighvyd?

(Oh god. Please don't suggest kreativ spellings, I go nuts with those.)

David and Priscilla don't really strike me as the "creative" type. Plus boys almost never get them (Mackynzie vs. Michael). My guess is William or Isaac.

ETA I was just thinking that the most ~creative David and Priscilla would likely go is Conventional Fundie Weird - Nehemiah, Enoch etc. Except, Esther already has boys with both of those names! Must be really strange at homeschooling conferences when you have a Hezekiah A., S., L., M., and H.

It's true fundie boys don't often end up with the creatively spelled names the girls do, but I can definitively see Dave picking the most fabulously Christian name he can find for his son. No boring Johns or Joes for him.

I suppose that's true. Even with Kristina, Brayden got the least fucked-up spelling.

Deighvyd?

(Oh god. Please don't suggest kreativ spellings, I go nuts with those.)

I shit you not, one night in college a friend and I sat around for at least an hour just coming up with the most ridiculous names for Filipino kids. We were both completely sober at the time, so all I can say in my defense is that it was just one of those conversations that only take place in dorms late at night.

Deighvyd?

This reminds me of that scene on Modern Family where Mitch meets another gay man and the conversation goes like this...

Mitchell: What's your name?

Guy: "Joe"

Mitchell: Just Joe?

Guy: Yeah. J-e-a-u-x.

Mitchell: There it is.

Deighvyd would be perfect! :lol:

Archived