IGNORED

(The Next) Food Network Star

Alecto

I do love that site's snark about Sandra Lee. Alecto, what site did they rip off?

Actually, a lot of her Sandra Lee stuff was ripped off the Semi-Ho community on Livejournal.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will check that site out I love to hate Sandra Lee.

Probably not as much as Anthony Bourdain

"Pure evil. This frightening Hell Spawn of Kathie Lee and Betty Crocker seems on a mission to kill her fans, one meal at a time. She Must Be Stopped. Her death-dealing can-opening ways will cut a swath of destruction through the world if not contained. I would likely be arrested if I suggested on television that any children watching should promptly go to a wooded area with a gun and harm themselves. What's the difference between that and Sandra suggesting we fill our mouths with Ritz Crackers, jam a can of Cheez Wiz in after and press hard? None that I can see. This is simply irresponsible programming. Its only possible use might be as a psychological warfare strategy against the resurgent Taliban--or dangerous insurgent groups. A large-racked blonde repeatedly urging Afghans and angry Iraqis to stuff themseles with fatty, processed American foods might be just the weapon we need to win the war on terror."

Read more: http://www.slashfood.com/2007/02/10/ant ... z1TFR1YwXg

I am putting this comment here because I don't think that we need another cooking show thread. Chopped, Redemption, had a show featuring some of the best runners-up. One of them was Lance, a religious Christian who cooks at a Christian camp and another was Yoanna, a chef who had a dying grandmother overseas, who needed the prize money to fly home to see granny.Chef Yoanna tripped in the kitchen and spilled a pot of boiling water and continued to cook. It turned out that she had second degree burns on both her legs. Lance won but he gave Yoanna a ticket to see her granny out of his winnings. I love it when a Christian walks the talk like Lance did.

Did you see the previous episode with Lance and Chef Madison? Madison is the one who actually convinced Lance to do the redemption show.

Did you see the previous episode with Lance and Chef Madison? Madison is the one who actually convinced Lance to do the redemption show.

Both Madison and Lance should be the Next Food Network Stars.

I actually went to high school with Katy who was eliminated in the 2nd episode this season, something I just found out on my high school's alumni Facebook page.

Pretty boring episode this week. It's definitely Jeff's to loose. He can definitely do his own cooking show, but he could also do one of FN's drive across the country and eat stuff show as well. That is what they want.

Next week is Iron Chef Week also known as Alton Fulfills His Contractual Obligation Required To Maintain Employed at Food Network. You can tell he hates it. Its like the contestants are gnats and he's the fly swatter.

This show is Jeff's to win but I dislike him intensely. Can not stand his personality. I am tired of Suzie constantly mentioning her father on his deathbed and what he said.

I don't want personal stories from someone who is showing me how to cook.

Just shoot me know, I understand Vic Vegas's Momma's Boy concept. He is saying that despite the bald head, tats, piercings that make me scary on the outside inside I am just all soft and squishy like a momma's boy.

Mary Beth should have gone home but she will shine in the commentary next week, the cooking part not so much.

I'm shocked Mary Beth didn't go home last night.

I'm glad they got Judy Gold to be one of the judges. I was disappointed she didn't drop the F bomb though :)

Mary Beth should have gone home but she will shine in the commentary next week, the cooking part not so much.

Yeah, and it looks like she is going to get saddled with Penny the She-Devil as a partner. I wouldn't put it past good old Penny to "mix up" the salt for the sugar.

This post may be totally nasty because I do not have an issue with people who are undocumented but I hope that Suzie has a green card.

This post may be totally nasty because I do not have an issue with people who are undocumented but I hope that Suzie has a green card.

After the JAG incident, I am sure she has one since they do extensive background checks.

Mary Beth was sent home. Poor thing got Penny as her sous chef who really was working very slowly (I think it was on purpose). I think that Jeff will get the win but I don't really like him but FN has a good Mexican cooking show with a likeable host and Vic basically does Italian but not as well as Gaida.

I really loathe Melissa. Her show is horrible. I think that most people would leave her table hungry. In addition her meals are very light on protein. A lot of her dishes have 2-3 ozs of protein per serving.

I think she may be fibbing about what she pays for some of the stuff she buys for example flounder for 2.99 a pound. I haven't seen it that low in over 10 years.

She also said to use Italian tuna in olive oil because it is just pennies more than regular tuna. I doubt that and I look for Italian tuna all the time, it is so good.

Melissa won because she's a born-again Christian. So is Alton Brown (so why is he such a nasty, arrogant prick on the show? I used to love him, but I hate him intensely now.) They are both members of an organization trying to get more Christians on TV. Alton had the final say in the final judging. Melissa wins.

Melissa won because she's a born-again Christian. So is Alton Brown (so why is he such a nasty, arrogant prick on the show? I used to love him, but I hate him intensely now.) They are both members of an organization trying to get more Christians on TV. Alton had the final say in the final judging. Melissa wins.

Really? I didn't know that about Alton Brown. That's really depressing. :(

It seems like he got really grouchy after he lost all that weight. It's a pity, his show is so informative and entertaining, especially the older episodes.

Hell, the last three winners of this show are Christians, Aaron, Melisa and Aarti. I wonder if the most christian contestant standing will get the win.

• 10 months later...

I can't stand her giggle or her creepy fundie-lite husband.

Bumping because of Aarti's update -- aartipaarti.com

Alecto -- you should check out her blog. he got a haircut and the results are... interesting.

I am hating this season. Kermit and Medusa are way too invested in the dead relative and dumpster diving stories.

I am hating this season. Kermit and Medusa are way too invested in the dead relative and dumpster diving stories.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy must every single piece of food made have to have a story associated with???!!???!!?? If I were on there I would just have to make shit up. Why do I want to show you how to make my chili? Because it tastes damn good that's why.

I also do not like the format this year. It is already obvious at the end the top three will be one from each team, even if they are not really the three best.

Bumping because of Aarti's update -- aartipaarti.com

Alecto -- you should check out her blog. he got a haircut and the results are... interesting.

Those look like before-and-afters from Faces of Meth.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy must every single piece of food made have to have a story associated with???!!???!!?? If I were on there I would just have to make shit up. Why do I want to show you how to make my chili? Because it tastes damn good that's why.

I also do not like the format this year. It is already obvious at the end the top three will be one from each team, even if they are not really the three best.

They don't care, everyone knew that Melissa D'Arabian made crap up. She claimed that she grew up poor then she claimed that her mother was a major or colonel in the Air Force and that she had a Mexican nanny. That is what they want.

The bolded is why I have a hard time watching this show. I kind of cringe when the contestants are pushed to come up with a story behind everything they make. That's why I prefer the Top Chef franchise or even Chopped.

Archived