IGNORED

(The Next) Food Network Star

Alecto

I'm addicted, even though I haven't liked a winner since Amy, who quit her show after six episodes.

This past week's elimination was like Christmas come early, especially with Pennywise gone!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love this show, too. Thinking they want a man this time, so Vic for the win. Jeff is a bit of an idiot.

I like Aarti and I made her ChickenTikka Marsala and it was one of the best things I ever cooked.

I like Aarti and I made her ChickenTikka Marsala and it was one of the best things I ever cooked.

I can't stand her giggle or her creepy fundie-lite husband.

The hubby is something else, but I think she has an interesting point of view and to her credit, she was not one of the chefs who use her past to win, unlike Melissa. I disliked her so much, her personal story was so convoluted. She grew up poor, but she had nannies, Her mom was a major in the army but then her mom killed herself. I think Melissa told the judges what they wanted to hear and now they expect the rest of the contestants to do the same thing.

I love this show! I was happy Penny left. She's a bitch.

The people I want to win usually don't but this year I like Vic Vegas.

I love this show, I don't know why but I do. I think its is going to be Susie, Vic Vegas and Jeff in the final, with Vic taking it all. I think they are looking for there next Guy. Jyll is a bit of a twit and has the same "culinary POV" (I HATE that phrase btw) as 95% of the other cooking shows. The other ones are boring.

Frat boy Chris was a tool of epic proportion. He was also a moron, he makes Dimbulb look like Albert Freakin Einstein. He gets stuck with dessert, and what does he do, tries to make the same DAMN dessert with out a recipe that he screwed up a few weeks ago. Brilliant. As much as I hate Bobby Flay, I kind of liked his smack down of Chris last week.

Penny was insufferable. Between her imitating a taboo buzzer, screaching like cat, hamming for the camera and crying persecution at judges panel, she had to be one of the most insufferable contestants ever. The only problem was she could actually cook, which made kicking her off hard. I next expect to see her on Real Housewives of Somewhere.

I can't believe that Bobby is the only judge that I can tolerate this year.

I hated the way Medusa and Tushie treated both Jyll and Whitney. Jyll for acting classy when she went through the Wolfgang put down and Whitney for listening to them.

Gaida has the most awful insincere smile. She looks like a skull.

Penny was insufferable. Between her imitating a taboo buzzer, screaching like cat, hamming for the camera and crying persecution at judges panel, she had to be one of the most insufferable contestants ever. The only problem was she could actually cook, which made kicking her off hard. I next expect to see her on Real Housewives of Somewhere.

She made Debbie Lee (wasn't she Korean?) look like Mother Theresa.

I am not sure we need additional threads for this but for all of you who like competitive food shows; do you watch Master Chef or Hell's Kitchen?

She made Debbie Lee (wasn't she Korean?) look like Mother Theresa.

I never really disliked Debbie that much. Penny was something else, it was like she checked out "How to Stick Around on a Reality Show", and focused on the bitch chapter.

Like Lillybee, my least favorite contestant of all time was Melissa. She was like the love-child of Aunt Sandy and RR. There was nothing unique or interesting about her, infact she was just flat out annoying. The "judges" loved her because she was sooooo relatable. Ugh. I watched her show two or three times just to see what it was like. Its boring and I really don't think you can cook an 3 part meal for 4 for under $10.

I am not sure we need additional threads for this but for all of you who like competitive food shows; do you watch Master Chef or Hell's Kitchen?

Upon your advice I just started watching Master Chef about three weeks ago so I'm still trying to figure it out, but I like it. I liked the episode where they had to make the 6-layer cake. I love to bake, but I'm not sure I could put out a cake like that in 2 hours.

I missed the last season of Hells Kitchen, but I started watching it again this summer. I think they need to do something to mix-up that show a bit. How many times can we watch people fail at cooking scallops and rissotto. And for the love of all that is holy, why don't people learn how to cook scallops and rissotto before going on this show!!!!

I love Next Food Network Star! Alecto, "Pennywise" cracked me up. :lol:

My favorite thing about the show is that I can fantasize about what my show would be like if I were on it, and how I would respond to the different challenges. Never mind that I don't really cook. Anyone else do this?

I don't really have a favorite contestant this season. Jyll was my favorite, until I saw that she IS super news anchor-y in front of the camera, and the last few meals she's made have been flops. Now I realize that I probably just had a crush on her. After all, give her red hair and she's Jessica from True Blood.

I was really mad at how Tuschman and Fogelson treated Jyll this past episode. If she had cried, they would have called her unprofessional.

One thing I'll miss about Penny: her attempts at "sexy" were hilarious. So overwrought. If you have to call yourself "sexy," you ain't it.

My favorite thing about the show is that I can fantasize about what my show would be like if I were on it, and how I would respond to the different challenges. Never mind that I don't really cook. Anyone else do this?

I play next food network star all the time in my kitchen. I don't think I'd make it too far on the show. I'd be sent home the second the plopped a whole fish down in front of me.

I really loathe Melissa. Her show is horrible. I think that most people would leave her table hungry. In addition her meals are very light on protein. A lot of her dishes have 2-3 ozs of protein per serving.

I think she may be fibbing about what she pays for some of the stuff she buys for example flounder for 2.99 a pound. I haven't seen it that low in over 10 years.

She also said to use Italian tuna in olive oil because it is just pennies more than regular tuna. I doubt that and I look for Italian tuna all the time, it is so good.

I don't understand why Medusa (Suzie Fogleman) insists that Whitney and Suzie bare their souls but gives Jeff a free pass from the sob stories, I want Whitney to win. I hate Jeff's persona.,

Me either, Lilybee. I really hate the emotional manipulation of Medusa when it comes to the contestants, and that goes double for the ethnic manipulation. Suzie is a FRENCH TRAINED CHEF, but when she tried to cook something other than Mexican, she was dinged.

I think, however, that Jeff has the most packaged culinary POV. The idea of making any meal a sandwich and any sandwich a meal will SELL.

My favorite is Mary Beth. She reminds me so much of my floor mom when I was at boarding school who also worked part time as a food writer for the local paper.

Mary Beth is fine. Actually I can imagine her being the roving person on Iron Chef telling us what the chefs are doing or getting a show rating different restaurants.

Interesting thing I read somewhere, Alton Brown went out of his way to ensue that Melissa won her year. It seems that he belongs to a group that wants to have more

Christians on TV. Could this explain Aarti, too? I do like the way Aarti cooks but not the rest of her package.

I don't understand why Medusa (Suzie Fogleman) insists that Whitney and Suzie bare their souls but gives Jeff a free pass from the sob stories, I want Whitney to win. I hate Jeff's persona.,

Why for the love of all that is holy does every stinking dish have to have a personal story behind it. Why can't someone cook something because they really like it and have a kick-ass recipe for it!

Me either, Lilybee. I really hate the emotional manipulation of Medusa when it comes to the contestants, and that goes double for the ethnic manipulation. Suzie is a FRENCH TRAINED CHEF, but when she tried to cook something other than Mexican, she was dinged.

I think, however, that Jeff has the most packaged culinary POV. The idea of making any meal a sandwich and any sandwich a meal will SELL.

My favorite is Mary Beth. She reminds me so much of my floor mom when I was at boarding school who also worked part time as a food writer for the local paper.

I think it will come down between Jeff and Vic Vegas. TPTB want the next Guy F. However, how long can one do a show on sandwiches. RR has already made every freakin' version of a grilled cheese sammy known to mankind. Susie will be #3. She can cook and is likeable, but they already have Simply Delicio (which I hate, I'd rather have Susie).

I urge you all to check out http://foodnetworkhumor.com/ for some awesome FN snark. I have this site bookmarked! :lol:

That site is awesome. The first thing I do Monday morning is look for her recap. I loved her pic of Kerry Vincent snarking on the cupcakes.

I urge you all to check out http://foodnetworkhumor.com/ for some awesome FN snark. I have this site bookmarked! :lol:

Sorry, they ripped off more than a few things from another site, so I have a hard time supporting them.

Archived