IGNORED

Another MAC Wedding? A Hipps Family Member?

Turning-A-New-Leaf

Saw on the schedule for MAC (Millard Alliance Church) calendar that a Hillary Hipps has a wedding scheduled for November.

I searched FJ for The Hipps Family and wasn't sure if this Hillary Hipps has a connection with The Hipps Family discussed on here before.

Interesting enough...I know there was some debate whether or not some of the family members still had connections with MAC. I would think the scheduled wedding on the calendar and upcoming bridal shower would probably seal the deal that at least some of The Hipps Family still attends MAC and has connections and events with the other families.

Hillary Hipps and Mark (no last name listed)

Gah, you had me thinking it was another MAXWELL wedding for a moment!

Gah, you had me thinking it was another MAXWELL wedding for a moment!

Me, too!

I'm not sure who the Hipps family is, so no help from me.

Guest Anonymous

I believe Hillary Hipps is daughter of Laura Hipps one of the original founders of NLQ. Hillary has a sister, Emily, who we think is pre-courting Josh Beasley. Both the Hipps and Beasley families attend MAC,

• 4 weeks later...
I believe Hillary Hipps is daughter of Laura Hipps one of the original founders of NLQ. Hillary has a sister, Emily, who we think is pre-courting Josh Beasley. Both the Hipps and Beasley families attend MAC,

Confirming all of the above.

And I'm pretty sure Mark is Hillary's brother-in-law as he shares the same last name as Hillary's brother's wife.

Hillary Hipps makes me think of the Grady family who used to provide great blog posts about all the goings-on and weddings at MAC. Too bad they went dark awhile back. Any news on their daughters "homeschool courtship" (the mom specifically included "homeschool" in her courtship description, as if non-homeschoolers simply cannot court, or heaven forbid have a successful courtship!).

Does MAC have a church website? I've been looking around and can't find one.

I don't know if this is the right MAC -> millardalliance.com/ .

It seems pretty fundie to me, there bio on Google says "Christian Missionary Alliance church in Millard (West Omaha) Nebraska. We are a Christ-centered, family-integrated church."

Edited to break the link.

I don't know if this is the right MAC -> millardalliance.com/ .

It seems pretty fundie to me, there bio on Google says "Christian Missionary Alliance church in Millard (West Omaha) Nebraska. We are a Christ-centered, family-integrated church."

Edited to break the link.

Thanks!

What makes a church family-integrated? Are there some churches where families are not allowed? I'm not a church goer, so please enlighten me.

What makes a church family-integrated? Are there some churches where families are not allowed? I'm not a church goer, so please enlighten me.

Family-integrated sounds to me like the kind of church where your whole family is pressured not just to go to church on Sunday but Wednesday too plus at least two other church related activities every week.

Family-integrated means children attend services with adults, no children's church, Sunday School, etc.

Family-integrated means children attend services with adults, no children's church, Sunday School, etc.

It basically means children are a part of the church service. They are not sent to bible school or youth group during the service. As a Catholic this is normal. What is different, is only the father can teach the bible to the family. Karen from That Mom does a great job explaining the FIC.

thatmom.com/articles/pros-and-cons-of-the-family-integrated-church/

Podcast on the FIC: thatmom.com/podcasts/current-year-podcasts-2/

Family integrated means everyone attends the same church service, and no concession is made for developmental appropriateness for children.

Her blog has a post from July about an engagement, so I'd be willing to bet it's the same Hillary. Sounds like she's known and been interested in the guy for awhile and their pictures don't look uncomfortable to me. I hope it all works out for her.

Laura is the one who married an old flame after leaving the lifestyle and her Ex ended up winning full custody of the kids, right? I remember it being rather sad. Did her ex remarry or have the girls been mommying their siblings and keeping the home?

• 3 months later...
Hillary Hipps makes me think of the Grady family who used to provide great blog posts about all the goings-on and weddings at MAC. Too bad they went dark awhile back. Any news on their daughters "homeschool courtship" (the mom specifically included "homeschool" in her courtship description, as if non-homeschoolers simply cannot court, or heaven forbid have a successful courtship!).

Does anyone know what's going on with the Gradys? I miss their blog. I remember two of the older children (Betsy and Aaron?) getting married a while back. Shouldn't they be expecting by now to keep up with the eldest daughter Abby?

Fundie "family-integrated churches" are scary because they more or less require child abuse of their members. There are tons of blogs out there discussing how to get babies and toddlers to be still and quiet for 2-3 hour services. I'll let you guess what the "advice" is. It's simply not possible for a gently-parented 3-year old to sit still for that long a sermon.

Does anyone know what's going on with the Gradys? I miss their blog. I remember two of the older children (Betsy and Aaron?) getting married a while back. Shouldn't they be expecting by now to keep up with the eldest daughter Abby?

I know Aaron got married in April, but I haven't seen anything about Betsy's wedding.

Found some of Aaron's wedding pictures on the Facebook page of the photographer. Seems like she also took the pictures at one of the Beasley boy's wedding.

facebook.com/pages/AbbyNoellePhotography/75619474811?sk=photos_albums

Might have been mistaken with Betsy getting married.

Mark Hutchins and Hillary Hipps registry: http://registry.weddingchannel.com/coup ... TCHINS.htm

Betsy Grady is not married to Matthew Lyon yet. Only recently did she post a picture of both of them on her FB profile, so I suppose they are still courting. Mrs Grady did say on the blog that both of them are quiet young people who are enjoying "slowly" getting to know one another.

Interestingly, the Lyon boy is the brother of Sam Lyon who married Nicole Wissmanns (cousin of the Wissmann family). The family circle keeps getting bigger and bigger here...... am I right that

Bethany Wissmann + Dan Beasley

Caleb Beasley + Abby Grady

Aaron Grady + Anna Rehm

Abbi Rehm + Josiah Wissmann

Nicole Wissmann + Sam Lyon

and now we have a Lyon to a Grady. Sheesh!! Maybe that's what they meant by "Family Integrated" ...

and also Anna @ sillypippi1.blogspot.com posted Christmas pictures lately. Seems like the Hipps girl and Josh Beasley are goin serious as she was part of the girl gang in the kitchen, along with the Beasley girls and sister-in-laws Bethany, Rachel and Abby.

Ah well, as they say: keep it in the family, literally at MAC

Emily Hipps and Josh seem pretty touchy for being fundie. Looking at their pictures they seem like a 'normal' couple taking trips together and stuff like that.

Makes me happy to hear that Betsy is not yet married and popping out babies like her older sister or at least how she was. I think Abby and Caleb might be spacing them out a bit as the first three children were always a year or so apart. Let's hope so as she is still quite young.

Guest Anonymous

Emily Hipps and Josh seem pretty touchy for being fundie. Looking at their pictures they seem like a 'normal' couple taking trips together and stuff like that.

I imagine Josh is ramping up any opportunity to look part of a 'normal' couple, after his last relationship 'ended'.

Thinking of that I have a question. I'm not American nor have I ever lived or been there so I don't know much if anything about the gun laws. Would he be able to obtain another one even after having served time connected to gun crime? Or if he were to marry Emily or any other girl could they get and keep a gun(s) near him?

Archived