IGNORED

Teen Mom + 16 and Pregnant

DamnPrecious

That's why I don't buy the "it glamorizes teen motherhood" argument - I've known teen moms who were WAY less messed up than these girls. They pretty much all had their lives ruined (except the ones like Amber who were doomed from the start) and it seems like it's worse than in real life.

I'm rewatching the episodes were butch gets out of jail. April's signature on her cell phone I do believe is "BUTCH'S BITCH" bitch was blurred.

NNIIIICCCEEE!

That's why I don't buy the "it glamorizes teen motherhood" argument - I've known teen moms who were WAY less messed up than these girls. They pretty much all had their lives ruined (except the ones like Amber who were doomed from the start) and it seems like it's worse than in real life.

I agree with you, but I think it might be because they're on TV. Maybe some young girls watch it and think, "If I get pregnant I can just get famous and that will solve everything." It's not like one has to DO anything to be famous anymore. You'd have to be pretty dumb to go along with this reasoning but maybe some do?

I do think there are other shows that glamorize teen pregnancy, like The Secret Life of the American Teenager. Has anyone seen it? Yes, this season one of the mother's went through issues (don't want to spoil it) but that was more a random thing that could happen to anyone. They all have parents who are supportive, nice houses to live in, money, etc. Basically without their parents their lifestyle would be impossible. They still attend school and nothing really goes wrong. It just bugs me. Not everyone has such lovely parents and a life where everything stays the same despite pregnancy.

I don't think she's ugly, but I still don't think anyone would be flying her to Colorado and putting her up for the weekend without Teen Mom.

She would need to stop damaging her skin so bad, and take a bunch of the makeup off. She looks 15 years older than her age.

I actually like Farrah, but I HATE her parents. She is the epitome of the "poor little rich girl"; they fight in front of her, neglect her, and abuse her, and then go out and buy her boobs and coddle her daughter so they can feel like they're good parents.

I think Sophia is the best behaved of all of the Teen Mom kiddos. She is just so stinking cute.

She would need to stop damaging her skin so bad, and take a bunch of the makeup off. She looks 15 years older than her age.

I actually like Farrah, but I HATE her parents. She is the epitome of the "poor little rich girl"; they fight in front of her, neglect her, and abuse her, and then go out and buy her boobs and coddle her daughter so they can feel like they're good parents.

so what they have a heart attack because their daughter, a teen, who just got pregnant because she did not have birth control has nuva rings in the fridge, but they buy her fake boobs? I don't get it

Yeah I think her mom has many issues - she needs therapy.

I think she bought her own fake boobs. She made a huge deal out of financing them on the show.

You can see them on MTV.com. I don't have cable so that's my hook-up.

Yeah she took out a loan to get her boobs.

And if you buy that I have a lovely piece of oceanfront property in Iowa I'd love to sell you...

These girls are getting over 100K a season.

If they are getting over 100k per season, the show must have some wierd stipulations about how much they can spend. I always wonder if they really are living where the show depicts them living. Surely Caitlynn and Tyler can afford a better apartment? Or even a house (esp in Michigan)! And Farrah could move out on her own. Also with an income of 100k a year she most likely would not have needed financing for the boobs. It's so funny how the show makes them "act poor" when we all know they aren't anymore!

I read an article that Catelynn and Tyler recently got evicted from their apartment. I wonder what they are doing with their money.

• Upvote 1

And if you buy that I have a lovely piece of oceanfront property in Iowa I'd love to sell you...

These girls are getting over 100K a season.

Do we know this for sure? They certainly don't seem to have money...

Yeah, all those reality shows, including Teen Mom, just gloss over the financial aspect. All of them ARE getting paid (I've heard anywhere from 70-100K/year for TM), but maybe it goes into a trust and they can't have it until the show ends? Or they have to "play poor" for the show, then go home at the end of the day to a nice apartment/house in their new cars. Who knows?

TMZ, where are you when we need you??!! :lol:

And the part about getting a loan to finance a boob job? REALLY? First of all, we all know by now (thanks, Roloffs, Duggars and Gosselins) just how much "comping" goes on for these shows. Vacations, car restorations, house renovations, clothing, tummy tucks, hair implants...the list goes on forever. Anyone who thinks Farrah actually paid a dime for those silly bags is seriously deluded...

I imagine one of the hardest things these folks have to do is NOT LAUGH when they play out these scenes...

Yeah, all those reality shows, including Teen Mom, just gloss over the financial aspect. All of them ARE getting paid (I've heard anywhere from 70-100K/year for TM), but maybe it goes into a trust and they can't have it until the show ends? Or they have to "play poor" for the show, then go home at the end of the day to a nice apartment/house in their new cars. Who knows?

TMZ, where are you when we need you??!! :lol:

And the part about getting a loan to finance a boob job? REALLY? First of all, we all know by now (thanks, Roloffs, Duggars and Gosselins) just how much "comping" goes on for these shows. Vacations, car restorations, house renovations, clothing, tummy tucks, hair implants...the list goes on forever. Anyone who thinks Farrah actually paid a dime for those silly bags is seriously deluded...

I imagine one of the hardest things these folks have to do is NOT LAUGH when they play out these scenes...

A friend of Jenelle's from Teen Mom 2, told a magazine or a website that Jenelle got half of her salary after filming ended and she got the other half when the TM2 premiered. I think they might not have money during filming..

I also don't think Farrah really took out a loan for a boob job.

Do we know this for sure? They certainly don't seem to have money...

When Amber was in court, they specifically asked her income and she was making $200,000 a year from MTV - and they film 2 seasons a year.

• Upvote 1

Guest Anonymous

Maci at least seemed to be trying - but then her grades came in and she'd failed two of three courses. I think she's too wrapped up in this Kyle thing and "building a family", like she told her guidance counsellor - Honey, you have a 2 year old. HE is your family. You need to forget about men and stop hopping all over Tennessee for boys, get your degree and your good job and do your best for your baby.

Catelynn and Tyler I actually really like. I admire them for having the courage to do what Amber and Gary should have done - give the baby to a stable, responsible, capable family. Alot of people seem to wonder why they're on the show, but I think they provide an important contrast and a valuable lesson. Just look at Carly's life compared to Leah Leanne's - the first is doted on and provided with only the best, while the latter is left to scream herself to sleep because her parents are too busy beating on each other to tend to her needs. She's not even dressed half the time. It's just tragic. I reealize adoptions don't always turn out sunshine and light, but a baby born to parents like Amber or Janelle doesn't stand a chance with it's bio parents.

Guest Anonymous

Yeah my boyfriend didn't understand why they were on there and I told him that they still struggle a lot with thinking about Carly and her adoption and that when you look at all the shit they go through that Carly would have been raised in, it shows how good of a decision they made.

Guest Anonymous

I have the same reaction to Tyler that I have to adorable puppies. I think he might be the most emotionally mature person on the entire show.

ETA: Does anyone know if the baby daddies get paid, too? Or only the moms?

Guest Anonymous

So, there was a Teen Mom blind item on blindgossip.com the other day:

"[CDAN] Which Teen Mom has been pregnant and had at least one ab*rtion, and possibly two since she became a mom? This is a Teen Mom and not just one of the 16 & Pregnant moms."

blindgossip.com/?p=31079

... any guesses? Popular opinion is that it's Janelle or Amber - I'm thinking of those two, it's more likely to be Janelle because I think if it was Amber, Gary would want her to keep it. That said, she has been with a few other guys these past two years. Hmmmm.

Either way, it's pretty sad :(

So, there was a Teen Mom blind item on blindgossip.com the other day:

"[CDAN] Which Teen Mom has been pregnant and had at least one ab*rtion, and possibly two since she became a mom? This is a Teen Mom and not just one of the 16 & Pregnant moms."

blindgossip.com/?p=31079

... any guesses? Popular opinion is that it's Janelle or Amber - I'm thinking of those two, it's more likely to be Janelle because I think if it was Amber, Gary would want her to keep it. That said, she has been with a few other guys these past two years. Hmmmm.

Either way, it's pretty sad :(

I say Kailyn.

I enjoy both teen mom 1 and 2 and sixteen and pregnant. I think Caitlynn is my favorite of all the teen mom girls. I do agree that she's very immature but she's not subjecting a baby to it so that makes her my favorite. I can't stand Maci and I think they try to edit the show to make her seem the better parent. I like Farrah but she can be bitchy at times and makes some poor decisions. But she's my second favorite. Amber is well Amber. I can't stand her.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic