IGNORED

Teen Mom + 16 and Pregnant

DamnPrecious

Catelynn and Tyler are assholes. Mostly Tyler. They need to relax they aren't Carlys parents Brandon and Theresa are. They chose adoption to give her a better life. I think they and their whole family thought Carly would be hanging out with them at bbq or on the weekends whenever they felt like it. A option doesn't work that way. I believe they were misled by the adoption agency. Private adoption is a big money making business. So dawn saw two uneducated teenagers that had no clue what they were doing. She took advantage. But Catelynn and Tyler are also taking advantage by getting paid for speaking engagements with the agency about adoption is the way to go.

I also don't know whose dumber their fans are Cate and Tyler. I've read some comments from fans encouraging Catelynn and Tyler to file for custody. Wtf? I hope Tyler realizes Carly will see this one day.

Maci is an idiot. Amber I don't know what's she's doing. Farrah as much as I dislike her she's hustling and actually doing something with her life. Maci Amber and Catelynn are all in their 20s still in the same place they were at 6/7 years ago. I think the cameras should go

• I Agree 1

I just think it is ridiculous Tyler and Carly went on and on about wanting to get their careers started and they still haven't. I don't have a problem with the adoption of course. But what have they been doing? Tyler wants to go back to school and I thought how nice until I realized he is just taking a 3-4 hour elective. Lolll. I guess they have just been riding the money train from mtv

Maci is blind to the fact that her boyfriend has no interest in commitment. Fairly impressed she got a degree though.

I can't stand Tyler. How horrifying for the adoptive parents to find themselves in a situation where the bio parents are sharing pictures of their minor child left & right. Especially in the digital age when creeps are using pics of kids for all sorts of unsavory activities. I wonder if they are in a state where open adoption communication agreements are legally protected. In next week's preview where Tyler said if they tell him not to share pics he will anyways... [emoji33] I wonder if the adoptive parents can just take the agreement away w/o court

I don't really think Tyler has any recourse if he goes against the parents wishes, and they cut him off. And I think if it did happen, all he would do is just go on crazy Twitter rants talking about how he should take them to court etc.

And seriously WHAT HAVE Tyler and Catelynnn beeen doing these past few years?? They've had the cash to go to school. She said she wanted to be an adoption counselor or some such. They didn't have a baby to take care of. If Macy can be near graduation with a kid, what have these 2 morons been doing? They don't talk about jobs? They could've been full time students for the past 4 years!

HAHA I just watched a preview for next episode on USMag site. Tyler has a difficult time understanding the difference between B&T doing stuff with Carly, and he being able to do the same. Basically Theresa says, biologically she's yours, but in every other sense she's ours, and you will have to trust our decisions. And Brandon's reply is classic: You're right you don't have to give us an explanation, but when you don't that's when we get (finger snap), and I'm just gonna post videos and get bitter. Way to de-escalate a sitch and get the outcome you want, dumb-dumb.

I don't really think Tyler has any recourse if he goes against the parents wishes, and they cut him off. And I think if it did happen, all he would do is just go on crazy Twitter rants talking about how he should take them to court etc.

And seriously WHAT HAVE Tyler and Catelynnn beeen doing these past few years?? They've had the cash to go to school. She said she wanted to be an adoption counselor or some such. They didn't have a baby to take care of. If Macy can be near graduation with a kid, what have these 2 morons been doing? They don't talk about jobs? They could've been full time students for the past 4 years!

HAHA I just watched a preview for next episode on USMag site. Tyler has a difficult time understanding the difference between B&T doing stuff with Carly, and he being able to do the same. Basically Theresa says, biologically she's yours, but in every other sense she's ours, and you will have to trust our decisions. And Brandon's reply is classic: You're right you don't have to give us an explanation, but when you don't that's when we get (finger snap), and I'm just gonna post videos and get bitter. Way to de-escalate a sitch and get the outcome you want, dumb-dumb.

Maybe they spent all of the money on a house? It seems like a lot of them do. Like Amber drives a Cadillac sedan now right?

Then again, Maci has a house and a degree so who knows.

I saw their previous seasons of Teen Mom ages ago when it was on the air and I don't understand their sudden change in behavior/perspective regarding the open adoption. Before it seemed like they were comfortable with the open adoption and they used to put together little packages on her birthday and stuff.

I'm not sure if they are just doing this to create dumb drama for tv or if having yet another season of teen mom has caused Tyler to develop some massive ego.

His constant berating of Caitlynn's weight gain drove me crazy!! He acts like he is doing it under the guise of being the loving father of the child but to me it is clear it is a method of control

Gary's girlfriend/baby mama can do a lot better than Gary! She seems really sweet towards Leah and overall a kind person based on what we see on TV. Tyler and Caitlyn are reality stars, who needs a job :roll:

Ryan is an entitled, spoiled selfish person but his parents seem really grounded and nice. Wonder what happened there?

Farrah :ew:

I'm expecting his girlfriend's crazy to be revealed later on as the season continues. Who would want to be impregnated by someone so hateful??

I feel bad for Farrah having such a weird mother but she acted/is a total biatch in that episode.

Ryan's parents seem pretty great. Rotten luck their kid is such an asstrordinaire but they enable him

I feel so bad for Brandon and Theresa. I don't think they chose this circus, and especially not for THEIR daughter. Tyler and Catelynn just don't get that the moment they handed Carly over and the ink dried on the adoption papers, she was no longer theirs. I think it's wonderful that B&T want Carly to have a relationship with her bio parents, but I don't envy the situation they're in now. They have to temper that desire with the need to shield and protect C from the crazy that comes out of her bio parents' family. Not only that, but if they cut T&C off, there's the chance of a media shitstorm. They're really in a shitty position, when all they want to do is raise their daughter in a secure and loving home.

At the same time they voluntarily went on Dr. Drew (and a magazine cover?) because they feel they wanted a platform to talk about adoption. So in a sense they sought the attention. I do feel sad that people stop them at the grocery store (and presumably say weird things about "taking away" T & C's child)

Poor Carly tho. She didn't ask for this. Just imagine if she doesn't want a relationship with her birth parents. Tyler would go after Brandon and Theresa and encourage fans to do it too.

She seems to love them though. Teresa's gift of baby clothes was sweet and C seemed to genuinely feel touched.

Gary's girlfriend sweet? I thought it was rude for her to wait there for Gary at Leah's first day of school knowing Amber was going to be there and try to enjoy that moment with her kid. Also, she signed up custody of her daughter to her ex because her ex didn't let her put the kid on TV... what a great mom! HA!

Gary's girlfriend sweet? I thought it was rude for her to wait there for Gary at Leah's first day of school knowing Amber was going to be there and try to enjoy that moment with her kid. Also, she signed up custody of her daughter to her ex because her ex didn't let her put the kid on TV... what a great mom! HA!

Doesn't her kid go to the same school? I thought that is why she was there... But how sad to give up custody just because you want to get famous on mtv. Gary must have persuaded her with his delusions of fame (laughing at this season's first ep...when they walked into the art store and he commented that everyone wants to see Gary being filmed...)

• 2 months later...
I don't know whether to start watching again. I always had to fast-forward through the Amber/Gary segments because they annoyed me THAT MUCH. And I never FF tv. I don't even FF Farrah if that says anything. :lol:

Also, am I the only one that thinks Tyler coerced Catelynn into giving Carly up for adoption? I'm still not convinced that she wanted to, but did so because she thought she'd lose Tyler if she didn't. She's always seemed clingy to me, like she can't live without Tyler, and Tyler has always seemed angry/indifferent. I get the feeling he resents the whole situation.

Yes, Yes, Yes! The dynamic between Catelynn and Tyler has always seemed weird to me. That indifference he shows to her... almost like he is analyzing her all the time, or that she is a project he has to work on. Does anyone else notice that?

Yes, Yes, Yes! The dynamic between Catelynn and Tyler has always seemed weird to me. That indifference he shows to her... almost like he is analyzing her all the time, or that she is a project he has to work on. Does anyone else notice that?

Yes he is a certified ass. I never understand why everyone thinks he and Caitlyn are so "mature" and better off than everyone. He is terrible. She is spineless/unable to stand up to him because he is controlling. Lastly, they are living off of money from tv and public appearances. They are NOT people I would want to be friends with and seem childish and self-centered know-it-alls who act like they should explain to everyone else how the world works.

Blehhh

At least new teen mom2 episodes are next week. More drama/snark/scripted reality [emoji48]

Oh man I am looking forward to Teen Mom 2...Leah is such a mess.

On the subject of Catelynn and Tyler, I feel like they are together just because they don't know what else to do/out of obligation. They've been together for what, 10 years? And have been through so much together that they feel like they have to be together. Pressure from being "famous" and their fans probably doesn't help.

Oh man I am looking forward to Teen Mom 2...Leah is such a mess.

On the subject of Catelynn and Tyler, I feel like they are together just because they don't know what else to do/out of obligation. They've been together for what, 10 years? And have been through so much together that they feel like they have to be together. Pressure from being "famous" and their fans probably doesn't help.

They definitely have grown apart and just stay together out of obligation. Or at least Tyler does, I think Catelyn stays with him cause she doesn't think she could be with anyone else. I think she could better herself if she wasn't stuck around Tyler who is pulling her down.

I think she likes being with him. When I watch they gel together in a way. All speculation but maybe she feels like she deserves the way he treats her so she wants to stay with him. Or I mean maybe she hasn't dated around much and thinks it is normal.

I still think it is weird she married her former stepbrother but eh

I think they're staying together to give the new baby a 2 parent, stable home which neither of them had growing up. Whether it will work out in the long run is to be seen, I suppose.

This show is one of my guilty pleasures.

I like Tyler & Catelynn....I think they have a pretty good head on their shoulders considering how they were raised.

Maci is my favorite.

Amber seems like she's getting better but I still don't like her.

Hate Farrah. She's a spoiled bitch.

• 3 weeks later...
This show is one of my guilty pleasures.

I like Tyler & Catelynn....I think they have a pretty good head on their shoulders considering how they were raised.

Maci is my favorite.

Amber seems like she's getting better but I still don't like her.

Hate Farrah. She's a spoiled bitch.

This is exactly how I feel.

Tyler & Caitlynn are in the 1% of functional considering how they were raised.

Maci is the best, although... not sure how I feel about her future hubby. What happened to the moto guy? Thank God she and Kyle broke up. Ryan is cute, but... as Maci said about Bentley ages ago: He can look like his dad all he wants, but he better not act like him.

Amber, ugh. Her new boyfriend is so much bad news. Now that they're allowed to break the 4th wall... why the hell are the producers not doing something about the Teen Mom fan boy? Gary is just ugh.

I cannot stand Farrah. Though apparently neither can Sophia. Farrah reeks of entitlement and desperation. I simply can't stand the cringe of watching Farrah interact with a male. She is too awful.

I really feel awful for T + C, Brandon and Teresa and especially for Carly. This really is a nightmare situation for the adoption agency as well. This to me is almost a worst case scenario for open adoption, not in the sense that everyone knows your child was adopted, but that everyone knows the good bad and the ugly about the birth parents families and people on social media chiming in and acosting them in public. Someday Carly and everyone she knows will see T + C, Butch, April, etc. in all their craptastic glory.

When Brandon and Teresa adopted Carly they knew it was going to be shown on 16 & Pregnant, but I don't think anyone thought that Teen Mom would be a thing and this would drag on for years. Also, I don't think T + C have moved on with their lives at all. The sad thing is that I don't see them as being more capable to parent the new baby except being a little older and having $$ from the show. I just don't really see that they have matured much at all.

• Upvote 2

• 2 years later...

Bumping this thread to continue our discussion of all these whack-a-doos and their whack-a-doo enablers.

I cannot handle that Amber is pregnant with baby number two after dating whats-his-face for less than three months. Did you see their fight over whether to find out the babies sex? Ridiculous. And the way she made Leah's birthday all about the new baby is disgusting.

Ryan and McKenzie won't last past two years, tops. But they'll probably have another kid in there. Clearly he's not doing what he needs to do to stay clean and sober.

Maci's probably the sanest of all of them, I think. 

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • I Agree 4

Jenelle and David...both as bad as each other. I will never forget poor Kaiser screaming to be fed, and Jenelle and David carried on getting their pics taken. Not the first time alarm bells rang for me about those two, but the most shocking.

David is an asshole. Glad he has been fired. I don't know if Jenelle will end up fired. 

• Love 2

31 minutes ago, Sky with diamonds said:

Jenelle and David...both as bad as each other. I will never forget poor Kaiser screaming to be fed, and Jenelle and David carried on getting their pics taken. Not the first time alarm bells rang for me about those two, but the most shocking.

David is an asshole. Glad he has been fired. I don't know if Jenelle will end up fired. 

I watched some sort of compilation about Janelle, and the biggest red flag for me was that he moved her and the kids out to a property in the middle of nowhere. If there were no other concerns, that alone wouldn't be cause for concern, but with their history, it's not hard to imagine he did it to have greater control over her and less interference from neighbors. It's really troubling.

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic