IGNORED

Season 6 of 19 Kids and Counting. God help us all!

Buzzard

I think we are coming close to the end of TLC's canned footage. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the fake 4th of July celebration actually filmed at the end of June was the last of the filming before the Asian trip.

I'm guessing the 4th of July episode will be the season finale on October 23rd.

Wonder how long we will have to wait for the Asia special? The Duggars were off the air for 5 months before this new season started airing, but TLC was still showing reruns every morning. Now that's done. As many have mentioned, the new episodes are not getting much in the way of promotion.

Is it possible we will soon be seeing sort of promo saying that it's time to say goodbye to "America's favorite family", or something to that effect?

I forgot that they taped their fake 4th, complete with home fireworks during a burn ban, about 5 days early. Smugs documented both the purchase and implementation of said fireworks. Still waiting for them to get busted for this.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kind of love seeing the bitchy shine through. It's so much more interesting than the "keeping sweet" that you see from some of the others.

Sigh,. I know what you mean, two sides to the coin. I think She might be one of the more interesting Duggarlings to have a 'cultural debate' with; She seems to have what is a rare virtue in that family, of valuing her own opinion on things. So you might occasionally get a non canned response from her.

Did TLC film Jinger's and Joseph's graduation party. It might be interesting because of the Maxwell presence there.

Poor grandma, buried under all the laundry. :( I do like her folding board, though.

Loved Justin's plan to get the new shoes! Clever kid!

At the conference, the Jana situation was weird. Who cries over that? I agree with those who said there is something deeper going down.

These kids won't know who all those country artists are! I don't get the point of that trip. Oh yeah, the ratings. Silly me.

On the escalator at the hotel, you can see several kids texting (I saw Jinger and Josiah, I think there were others). Who are they texting? And Joy's "Get me out of here fast" face was awesome.

Jim Bob on the fiddle = :doh:

I feel like maybe Josiah got out the unicycles because he knew Josh would want to show off and that he would fail. Josiah seems like the type of planner/plotter who looks for opportune moments.

Smuggar trying to be athletic. Didn't work! He needs Weight Watchers, now! He just looks pasty, white, greasy, and like a hot-air balloon.

And Josiah has the same personality of a guy who walks around acting like a turkey? I don't see it. That seems more like one of the Howlers.

I was so happy to see Jinger in pants! One step closer. . . :D But "the talk" - who does that on a hunting trip, and in front of another grown man? I'd love to know what Jim Bob said!

I think Joseph could write an interesting tell-all. He's usually in the background, but I'm sure he sees everything! John-David, too.

I don't know anything about the actual academic position on this, so I may possibly be talking out of my bum, but this makes sense to me. Our memories don't work like a film recording (like many people believe) but are rather strengthened by repetition and frequent recall (kind of like studying!). So if something really mundane is recalled, it would make sense that the basic outline of that mundane event occurred a lot. Eg. the only food I remember eating for dinner as a child is mince and mash. Obviously we ate a lot of things other than mince and mash, but not with the same frequency. So my memory of eating mince and mash was strengthened quite a lot, while my memory of eating, say, curry, is hardly strengthened at all. In poor Jana's case, the memory of having to ignore her own feelings in favour of her siblings is strong, and all those feelings got tacked onto one (probably vague) incident, which would explain crying over it.

Free Jana!

Yes! FTR I am far from an authority on it myself, but it makes enough sense to work; it's like how the Theory of Gravity isn't exactly right, but it describes reality well enough to be virtually indiscernible from exactly right ;) So I'm going with it for now. Anyway, I think you're analysis is right on too, thanks for sharing your corroborating story as well;)

Jana seems to have such a deep well of emotions, I could see her being the Elisa Wall of the cult someday, and unleashing all that pent up grief to fight back against the spiritual abuse that got her there...with vengeance. *Not to equate the different cases of abuse, but for the general things they do (and one can hope, will) have in common.

Thank you, wendy-sparkles! My DVR is having issues right now (well, the Cable company is) and I missed these episodes.

So, so, so creepy that JB was talking to Jinger about the birds and the bees using actual birds; the puffing up of the gobblers. Creeped me out.

one of the episodes just went up

SfA4lq38Hwk

ETA second episode

PFZc0Jj0Cag

I was so happy to see Jinger in pants!

Oh, my, YES!!! I noticed in the practice session, the girls were wearing skirts, but I was so happy to see Jinger in pants when they went out for the real hunt.

I loved that book! She can be the Which who sends off Milo (played by a J'boy) and Tock (J'boy/J'girl) on a quest to rescue Rhyme and Reason! Which are very much needed in the Duggar household.

...wait. That wasn't a Wrinkle in Time reference?

On the escalator at the hotel, you can see several kids texting (I saw Jinger and Josiah, I think there were others). Who are they texting? And Joy's "Get me out of here fast" face was awesome.

They were texting? Who do the J'kids text, I wonder...?

They were texting? Who do the J'kids text, I wonder...?

Each other?! :think:

"Hey, bro! Can't believe the parental units dragged us here..."

"Sis, how long until we're 18 so we can blow this joint???" :mrgreen:

"Bro, act sweet!!! Jbitch is watching."

"Sis, ya, remember to delete these text's."

Each other?! :think:

"Hey, bro! Can't believe the parental units dragged us here..."

"Sis, how long until we're 18 so we can blow this joint???" :mrgreen:

"Bro, act sweet!!! Jbitch is watching."

"Sis, ya, remember to delete these text's."

I was actually thinking something like this, too! Each other is really the only people they have.

They may have also been getting their camera set up or something, because I later noticed Josiah and Jinger filming and taking pics with their phones.

But it sure looked like they were texting!

Since it seems that none of the J'kinds had ever been hunting before - why do they have guns in the house? Didn't Michelle (long ago) say that they hunt stuff? squirrels or some such? Is that just a lie from the liar yet again?

Same with the fishing - none of them had ever been before. What was the point?

I was actually thinking something like this, too! Each other is really the only people they have.

They may have also been getting their camera set up or something, because I later noticed Josiah and Jinger filming and taking pics with their phones.

But it sure looked like they were texting!

That was my theory, too...not a lot of Gothard-approved kids that would have cell phones. I'd be shocked if they're not strictly screened, though. :|

It would be awesome if one of them has a secret friend (or even boy/girlfriend) that they met on one of their trips, especially if that friend wasnt fundie or even Christian.

Jana said something to the effect of her parents telling her to do something nice or give something to Jessa and then Jim bob acted like Jana came up with the idea all by herself.

Did TLC film Jinger's and Joseph's graduation party. It might be interesting because of the Maxwell presence there.

I have been wondering about too. I wonder if Steve would ask for his face to blurred out. I can see making a request like that because he knows some of hardcore fans might not like him hanging out with people like the Duggars.

When grandma Duggar said she does 70 loads of laundry a week, and that when she was away, the laundry just piled sky high....I just felt so sorry for her! I was mad that the Duggars has this old lady working so hard. This is a woman who owns land (and was it her house that Josh lives in currently?) and has some financial security and yet spends her golden years doing loads after loads of laundry.

First off, why can't the other kids in the house help and have Grandma Duggar supervise? They have all these early to mid teen boys who are all capable of helping with the laundry and yet it they push it onto old Grandma Duggar! At the very least, the time she was away, why couldn't the Duggar kids do their own laundry rather than pile it on? How entitled are they?

I think my anger is mostly directly at the sons in the household, like Josiah and those around him in age. The older girls, as we know, are all busy taking care of the young kids and cooking and cleaning. The teenage boys though....what are they busy doing? There's no land to plow, minimal yardwork to tend to, and only some chores to do aside from their "school". Honestly, they can't all chip in to do laundry, help fold and sort clothing? If Grandma Duggar had two or three of those teenage boys rotating through the laundry room each day, the work would go a lot faster.

It must be so nice to be a son in those households. They have this strict gender segregation that was equitable back when men farmed the land and women tended to the fulltime job of cooking, cleaning, washing and mending. Now, even though there is no farming to be had, the Duggars continue to insist on this archaic system. The boys are left with little to do, leaving a trail of work for the women in the family. Josiah and Joy-Anna are close in age but I bet she does far more work than him. And all this time, the boys are raised thinking they are to lead their women, who are the "weaker" vessel. Blech.

When grandma Duggar said she does 70 loads of laundry a week, and that when she was away, the laundry just piled sky high....I just felt so sorry for her! I was mad that the Duggars has this old lady working so hard. This is a woman who owns land (and was it her house that Josh lives in currently?) and has some financial security and yet spends her golden years doing loads after loads of laundry.

First off, why can't the other kids in the house help and have Grandma Duggar supervise? They have all these early to mid teen boys who are all capable of helping with the laundry and yet it they push it onto old Grandma Duggar! At the very least, the time she was away, why couldn't the Duggar kids do their own laundry rather than pile it on? How entitled are they?

I think my anger is mostly directly at the sons in the household, like Josiah and those around him in age. The older girls, as we know, are all busy taking care of the young kids and cooking and cleaning. The teenage boys though....what are they busy doing? There's no land to plow, minimal yardwork to tend to, and only some chores to do aside from their "school". Honestly, they can't all chip in to do laundry, help fold and sort clothing? If Grandma Duggar had two or three of those teenage boys rotating through the laundry room each day, the work would go a lot faster.

It must be so nice to be a son in those households. They have this strict gender segregation that was equitable back when men farmed the land and women tended to the fulltime job of cooking, cleaning, washing and mending. Now, even though there is no farming to be had, the Duggars continue to insist on this archaic system. The boys are left with little to do, leaving a trail of work for the women in the family. Josiah and Joy-Anna are close in age but I bet she does far more work than him. And all this time, the boys are raised thinking they are to lead their women, who are the "weaker" vessel. Blech.

I agree with on the kids helping out. There are various ways the laundry chore could be tackled with Grandma's assistance/supervision. The mid teen boys could do the laudry for themselves and the younger boys with Grandma helping out. JoyAnna or one of the J'Slave could do the girls laundry. Uggh Mullet could handle at least Jordyn and Josie's laundry. I agree, there isn't a whole lot for the boys to do other minimal yardwork and maybe taking out the trash daily.

Yes, the boys don't really do much, do they? Occasionally they get rid of stumps or change oil or something. They don't farm or anything so it's really not fair and the whole idea was based on a time when they would be doing that.

I really noticed this in the "Trading Places" episode when they swapped places and the boys were doing daily chores (that the girls normally do) and the girls were doing occasional things like changing a tyre. How often do you really have to do that?

I was doing my own laundry from high school age onwards. It would probably make things easier if some of the older boys took responsibility for their own loads of laundry, then there would be less sorting later down the line. It is unfair how grandma seems to do it all the time. Nobody seems to think that's odd.

I don't think any of this is lost on the young women of the household.

And the fact that this is not lost on the young women of the household will be the undoing of Jim Bob's little empire.

Jana's filmed public breakdown which was broadcast this past week is a clear indication that all is very unwell in Duggarville. Does anyone really believe that the four older women and Joy Anna are going to gladly wash the socks and sheets of a bunch of unemployed brothers after they've seen Paree? (Well, maybe not Paris, but London at least.)

This lifestyle cannot and will not be maintained for 10 minutes past the moment that Uncle Jim et al leave for good.

Yes, the boys don't really do much, do they? Occasionally they get rid of stumps or change oil or something. They don't farm or anything so it's really not fair and the whole idea was based on a time when they would be doing that.

I really noticed this in the "Trading Places" episode when they swapped places and the boys were doing daily chores (that the girls normally do) and the girls were doing occasional things like changing a tyre. How often do you really have to do that?

I was doing my own laundry from high school age onwards. It would probably make things easier if some of the older boys took responsibility for their own loads of laundry, then there would be less sorting later down the line. It is unfair how grandma seems to do it all the time. Nobody seems to think that's odd.

I started to do my own laundry at age 10. Sure, my parent supervised to some extent. I still mixed white with red a few times. Sometimes, it was on purpose :lol: . At 10 the boys should know how to sort their clothes and put them in the correct cycle. I was astonished to have a roommate in college who had never done her own laundry.

Jana had a public breakdown?! I'm several episodes behind! Must catch up.

Poor Jana. I really think she has too much responsibility.

Archived