IGNORED

Amy Duggar is close to getting engaged

xReems

I have a sleep disorder and I'm a pop culture junkie so I watch a lot of bad tv in the middle of the night. I've seen quite a few of VH-1's "Behind the Music" shows and every single artist I've seen featured has worked at carnivals, gotten jobs in the cheesy stage shows @ amusement parks, sung at birthday and anniversary parties, and shitty clubs around the country just to be seen and heard. For years. Over and over and over again.

Amy doesn't even seem to be active in a church choir, a place where a lot of singers get their first training and practice. She's not out there gigging every weekend, pimping herself out as a wedding singer or doing anything besides 1 show in Branson and famewhoring on FB about being a country singer.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Son of a bitch. I feel the need to leaflet drop a college campus or something.

Just last year, I was at an anti-domestic-violence presentation on the Yale Green. I was chatting with one of the young student volunteers there. She told me about a woman in her 40s who said, when told about a young woman's college choice, "Why is she going THERE? She'll never find a husband at THAT college!"

It's true that anyone who is "looking" is more likely to find a reasonable "candidate" at college: you'll meet a high proportion and large number of people who are of your age and the opposite sex, and who share your interests. But college just for matchmaking? No. Match.com and singles events are a hell of a lot cheaper.

I have a sleep disorder and I'm a pop culture junkie so I watch a lot of bad tv in the middle of the night. I've seen quite a few of VH-1's "Behind the Music" shows and every single artist I've seen featured has worked at carnivals, gotten jobs in the cheesy stage shows @ amusement parks, sung at birthday and anniversary parties, and shitty clubs around the country just to be seen and heard. For years. Over and over and over again.

Amy doesn't even seem to be active in a church choir, a place where a lot of singers get their first training and practice. She's not out there gigging every weekend, pimping herself out as a wedding singer or doing anything besides 1 show in Branson and famewhoring on FB about being a country singer.

I've seen a lot of those "Behind the Music" shows and I remember there was one person who had a singing gig at Disney World. I can't remember who it was though. You also bring up a good point about church choirs. I remember last season on American Idol, there was one guy who was very active in a church choir and he was well known in his town.

I think that might have been the boy band 98 Degrees, with Nick Lachey. They were the only boy band of the era that was formed by themselves and not a music mogul.

I kind of feel bad for Amy. I think the Patriarchal crap from her uncle has affected her life and she feels like it's her highest calling to get married. It's sad for both her and whichever guy she ends up with. She seems pretty normal in most ways but a little immature for her age, and I wonder if it's because she thinks you're not grown up until marriage. I mean, her cousins are all far behind her so maybe that's her frame of reference.

What's sad is that when TLC first introduced her, she was a breath of fresh air. She admitted how she didn't save her first kiss and had no plans of having that many children because she would go crazy. Hell, she even admitted to Jim Bob that she would make a horrible chaperon because she would jus ditch the couple. Now, she's throwing out the same beliefs as her cousins, judging others who don't follow her beliefs, and tweets out Bible verses to show how much of an amazing Christian she is. She's putting on an act to get more acceptance from her cult like family members. Smuggar seemed to get annoyed with Famy in the beginning of the series but now they seem all buddy buddy. She's doing a fairly good job pretend drinking the kool aid for acceptance. One minute we see her booty shorts and tank top, smooching away with her boyfriend, the next we see her attending protests with her cousins on how we're steering away from our Christian foundation.

Good post xReems. Amy wants acceptance and she wants to make herself look like a good Christian. I got annoyed when she was talking about the Bible and marriage on twitter. Amy knows the more she supports the Duggars' belief, she might get to be on the show more. She probably kisses up to Sean Overbeeke all the time. One huge problem with Amy is that she doesn't realize that her lovely Christian relatives aren't "America's favorite large family." She actually believes that 19kac gets high ratings. The Duggars don't have the same level of fame or influence that the Kardashians have. Hell, Kate Gosselin has more mainstream popularity than the Duggars. Kate was apart of the Emmys opening number back in 2010. The Duggars would never be asked to be apart of an Emmy ceremony. Amy will go through a bit of melt down once the show ends and people unfollow her on twitter and IG. Amy acts like hot shit because she has occasionally appeared on a reality show for the past four years, but there is a former So You Think You Can Dance contestant that has a lot more twitter followers than Amy does.

What's sad is that when TLC first introduced her, she was a breath of fresh air. She admitted how she didn't save her first kiss and had no plans of having that many children because she would go crazy. Hell, she even admitted to Jim Bob that she would make a horrible chaperon because she would jus ditch the couple. Now, she's throwing out the same beliefs as her cousins, judging others who don't follow her beliefs, and tweets out Bible verses to show how much of an amazing Christian she is. She's putting on an act to get more acceptance from her cult like family members. Smuggar seemed to get annoyed with Famy in the beginning of the series but now they seem all buddy buddy. She's doing a fairly good job pretend drinking the kool aid for acceptance. One minute we see her booty shorts and tank top, smooching away with her boyfriend, the next we see her attending protests with her cousins on how we're steering away from our Christian foundation.

I readily admit that this is amateur Internet psycho analysis, but......

Maybe she is focusing in the whole "good Christian girl" thing now because she really does want to marry Reed and she feels that that's what "the sort of girl a man marries" should be like.

She's been told that she gives away a piece of herself just by dating, I'm sure she feels guilt about the sexual relationships she has had, probably her cousins think that she is somehow lesser for it, and that must effect her.

So now she's found a guy she really likes she is behaving how she thinks she should to show him that she's serious and a "good girl". It seems hypocritical to us, but when the extremes are promiscuous party girl who has had many failed relationships and her Duggar cousins, I can see her thinking that way.

Archived