IGNORED

Amy Duggar is close to getting engaged

xReems

She did another interview with Examiner and mentioned how she and her boyfriend have gone ring shopping. Apparently, her family already knows how he's going to propose but they're not dishing out any details to Fame Whore. Kudos to Reed for managing to put up with her for this long. Of course, she's introducing him on the show, which means, just like her last bf when he was on, she'll end up posting a message on twitter saying they went their separate ways and blah blah blah

Ah and yes, she gave a big "fuck you" to us when she explained why she doesn't have a "steady career"--it's because she enjoys a change in scenery. No, Famy, it's because you lack any real skills to have a proper career. You're lazy and you wish to live an immature life while your future husband and parents pay hundreds of dollars on your stupid obsession with Coach.

Anyways, if you wish to read it

examiner.com/article/amy-duggar-talks-about-family-boyfriend-and-premiere-of-19-kids-and-counting

Snark away!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did Amy finish high school? Did she go to public school or a christian school?

At least she has fun being a SAHD waiting for a husband. I would rather have see her waiting (whle doing ocassional child care) going out with friends, shopping, and having fun then being a Sarah Maxwell or Jill.

Did Amy finish high school? Did she go to public school or a christian school?

At least she has fun being a SAHD waiting for a husband. I would rather have see her waiting (whle doing ocassional child care) going out with friends, shopping, and having fun then being a Sarah Maxwell or Jill.

I wouldn't classify Amy as a SAHD. I think she is more just an average young person living at home (possibly freeloader?).

I believe she did graduate from high school but I can't remember if she attended the same Christian high school as Boob or a public high school.

As for SAHD, I agree with holierthanyou. I definitely thinks she's a freeloader and sees nothing wrong with that. She talks about how super awesome job is but I think see more of her driving to OK than her actually being a "nanny."

But Amy does have a career as a famewhore. Thats her true calling and she's very good at it. :greetings-wavingyellow::greetings-wavingblue:

Hi Famy! We all know you read here!! Hows that music "career" working out for ya?

Famy went to Springdale High (or wherever Mullet went).

What does Famy think she's going to do when Reed goes to work at his job as an engineer every day? Go to Branson with her uncle and his family?

I give it 6 months.

What on earth is the purpose of interviewing Amy Duggar?

Honestly, I don't know anyone who doesn't regularly watch the Duggars who knows who she is. And by that, I mean literally no one I know in person has any idea who Amy is.

of course they're saving any "formal" proposal for the show.

Let's hope they've stopped taping by then. If this becomes the Famy show the ratings will completely bottom out.

72 hour Vegas wedding/divorce.

Are you offering odds, being Vegas and all? I don't even think Famy could pull off a 54 hour BritBrit wedding/quickie divorce. :lol:

With Jimboob and LardLad both dressed as Elvis performing the ceremony. :lol:

Which one would be "fat Elvis?" :lol:

Not trying to be rude but this is a genuine question for me. Is this a Southern thing, culturally among some females? I have some female friends who live in the Southern U.S. (Texas & Alabama). They're people I would consider smart...just not so ambitious. They're college educated (or working towards it) but it's like the second that ring hit their finger they gave up on everything and never used their degrees. It just seems ridiculously stupid and antiquated to me.

I don't think it's just a southern thing. At the college in the Chicago suburbs where my dad teaches, he overheard two girls talking about how they were there for their "MRS Degrees" and the "Pre-Wed Program."

I don't think it's just a southern thing. At the college in the Chicago suburbs where my dad teaches, he overheard two girls talking about how they were there for their "MRS Degrees" and the "Pre-Wed Program."

Son of a bitch. I feel the need to leaflet drop a college campus or something.

Heck, last spring I was walking through what is considered to be one of the most liberal universities in the country. During said walk, I overheard a gaggle of girls squealing over the engagement ring one girl received over spring break. Thankfully, I heard plans like windsurfing in Hawaii to celebrate graduation, before RETURNING to attend some kind of grad school next year.

Almost every grad school intern I had was either married or engaged, one was even knocked up and took a semester off to have her baby before returning to the PhD program. With school being so expensive, it's such a waste of [someone's] money to not use one's degree in some way. Heck, I even knew a few sorority types, but they worked.full fucking time. At the same time, they didn't care much about their grades, but they sure had slammin clothes.

The "MRS" degree was pretty common in the 70's, not so much now, but many girls still look for potential husbands in college (even if they don't admit it). In more conservative areas of the country, such as the midwest and south, people tend to marry younger and many find their mates in high school and college. I don't know of too many that quit their jobs after marriage, but many women take a break after kids for financial and personal reasons.

I know one girl, an engineer, who told me she only dates guys who can support her in a middle class lifestyle because she wants to stay home with the kids. She was quite interested in what income potential the guy has. I attended an elite university where there were many ambitious young girls and where future homemakers would probably not bother to attend. Somehow, there were still girls, such as my suite mate who said she hopes to marry someone, maybe a physician, so she can be a SAHM and "volunteer" on the side.

Is this a cultural thing? I think it is. These attitudes seem more common in girls from certain backgrounds. These include small towns, wealthier households, conservative areas of the country, and girls from certain immigrant backgrounds. Most college girls talk about building careers and finding a guy as equal but separate goals. However, I see it as an unspoken thing that girls today will still look for guys who have good income potential. It's still an unspoken expectation that men should provide the primary income in the family, even among secular, liberated girls.

I don't think Amy fits the definition of a nanny. She seems to be a fill in type baby sitter. Nannies depending on who they work for can have set schedules that are dependent on the needs or schedules of the parent or parents. Amy travels around quite a bit and it seems she babysits only when she is in town. I recently connected with a former co-worker and his wife works as a nanny. She works for a husband and wife who are both ER physicians and her schedules changes quite a bit because of their work schedules. Some days she is at the house watching the kids, while one of the spouses is resting after getting off shift. I had a college friend who worked as a nanny for a year. She worked during the day and attended classes in the late afternoon and evenings.

Could this be the "courtship" they are pimping in the new series? Cause I don't see a terrible amount of interest in an average American girl marrying her umpteenth boyfriend.

I agree we are definitely going to see the proposal on the show. *eyeroll and shudder*

But whether they last is another thing, I mean seriously how long as she been seeing this guy? Less than 6 months?

Not to mention its incredibly shallow how she even came to meet him, she saw him on facebook thought he was "hawt" and started chatting him up!

She goes to his Grandma's Church and wears a frumper like she's some sweet conservative Duggar-ette, then wears a boob-tube or tank top all the other times, while taking pics of her boyfriend with *gasp* booze and in his Pyjamas, in the bedroom no less! lol... Thats what irks me more than anything about her, is that she puts on this modest conservative veil like her cousins and Uncle while sprouting that party line and values, but then does the trashy look and act all the other time. Its hypocritical to say the least.

She is definitely NOT an Nanny, she calls herself that but its clear she just does babysitting from time to time, that does not make you a Nanny FAMY!

But whether they last is another thing, I mean seriously how long as she been seeing this guy? Less than 6 months?

Not to mention its incredibly shallow how she even came to meet him, she saw him on facebook thought he was "hawt" and started chatting him up!

A 6-month relationship based on looks before a wedding is very fundie-like.

Hasn't she been engaged before? I know she's had a few relationships; Amy's been very free with the pieces of her heart!

In Amy's defense (not sure why I'm doing this), the Sunday frumper/ boozing it up the rest of the week is NORMAL for the Bible belt.

My sister is a Physician in the Bible belt. She's super careful to make sure the community *thinks* she's a good Methodist. Methodists drink alcohol and Baptists don't. If the community knew she was actually an Atheist, she's afraid it would hurt her business, because people really DO choose their doctors for their "faith" in her community. Except for the fundies, the Bible belt is ALL about being a hypocrite.

Archived