IGNORED

Josh Duggar's Instagram (Part 5)

StarrieEyedKat

Of course Josh is lazy and obviously makes a lot of bad food choices, but saying that it's SO easy to lose weight, and all fat people are lazy and lack self-control, is still wrong. Fat shaming is not okay.

no it's not easy to lose weight - for good. It's easy to lose weight for a month or two and then go back to bad habits. Took me two years to lose 20 pounds (I personally am amused when people are looking at me like I'm an idiot because they're on Atkins and lost 30 pounds last month. I'm not gaining those 20 pounds back!). But it's not easy losing any weight when you keep going to fast food restaurants.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FINALLY someone explained it to me! I never understood that before! Wait, let me go throw away my thyroid hormones because OBVIOUSLY, I just lack discipline and self control! Silly me.

Co-sign! So when I started gaining weight at age 11, it's not because my thyroid stopped working properly due to genetics. It's because I had no discipline and self-control. I have seen the light. :roll:

It took me almost 2 years to lose 25 lbs and get to a healthy BMI. I kept it off for 2 years, and then my thyroid decided, "Hey, it's her last semester of school, let's stop functioning some more!" Back came 10 lbs, despite me exercising every day. Doctor increased my meds TWICE. I was just starting to feel better, then came the pancreatitis and gallstones. It's kind of hard to workout when you are doubled over in pain. THEN the gallbladder surgery - 4 to 6 weeks, no intense activity. (Oh, and despite the stereotypes, gallstones ARE genetic.)

This frustrates me. Not everyone who is overweight lacks discipline or self-control. Some have health issues that cause weight gain.

Signed,

loveandwar, who is somehow still at a healthy BMI, despite all the crazy health problems

Thanks for listening Josh, the sign only picture looks better!

OH HAI JOSH!

3cce80341b3711e28e0222000a1e8b38_6.jpg

How about a picture of you pushing teh littles round a mall today? You know, buying stuff on sale?

Guest Anonymous

Co-sign! So when I started gaining weight at age 11, it's not because my thyroid stopped working properly due to genetics. It's because I had no discipline and self-control. I have seen the light. :roll:

It took me almost 2 years to lose 25 lbs and get to a healthy BMI. I kept it off for 2 years, and then my thyroid decided, "Hey, it's her last semester of school, let's stop functioning some more!" Back came 10 lbs, despite me exercising every day. Doctor increased my meds TWICE. I was just starting to feel better, then came the pancreatitis and gallstones. It's kind of hard to workout when you are doubled over in pain. THEN the gallbladder surgery - 4 to 6 weeks, no intense activity. (Oh, and despite the stereotypes, gallstones ARE genetic.)

This frustrates me. Not everyone who is overweight lacks discipline or self-control. Some have health issues that cause weight gain.

Signed,

loveandwar, who is somehow still at a healthy BMI, despite all the crazy health problems

But, Josh doesn't have any health problems that I know of and from looking at his instagram it isn't hard to conclude that he has zero discipline and self control and that's why he looks so unhealthy for a 24 year old.

Next time Josh needs to just take a picture of the sign. That angle he used to take that picture is not flattering

Goodness, this is the worst shot of him yet. He 's a fright!

Lol, Josh is fat and ugly, LOL!!!!1 High quality snark right there :roll: And now I feel dirt just typing that

cea9c41c1ad511e282d912313d0524f6_6.jpg

Time for a food pic. These "clever" republican pictures are boring. Yeah, yeah, I get it... "keep right...."

I bike regularly. Luckily we live in an area where bikes are common transportation. Sometimes pedestrians or joggers can't hear people coming up behind them. The common call is "On your left". There is also nothing worse than some idiot tourist that doesn't know the etiquette and rides side by side with their friend, refusing to get over (lots of bike rental places in town) I also have a bell on my bike to help warn people.

I NEVER said all fat people are lazy.

I said most.

keep digging your hole.

I was NEVER encouraged to be physically active as a child. Actually I was told repeatedly at home that it was unnecessary and useless.

I walked to a lot of places and I thought that was enough, turns out it's not. I was not lazy, even now that I work out 3 times a week I don't consider that I was lazy, I simply had no experience to tell me that even if it hurt to work out and seemed like it was getting me nowhere I would feel better afterwards.

Something some people who had a physically active childhood, culture and parents just don't seem to get.

keep digging your hole.

I was NEVER encouraged to be physically active as a child. Actually I was told repeatedly at home that it was unnecessary and useless.

I walked to a lot of places and I thought that was enough, turns out it's not. I was not lazy, even now that I work out 3 times a week I don't consider that I was lazy, I simply had no experience to tell me that even if it hurt to work out and seemed like it was getting me nowhere I would feel better afterwards.

Something some people who had a physically active childhood, culture and parents just don't seem to get.

Why are we humoring this troll?

I said most.

That's still an asshole thing to say. I know plenty of fat people, and they're all as hard working as the next person. They have jobs, they raise families, they volunteer, they're activists, they keep NGOs running, they have gardens, they run businesses, they have hobbies, they work on Bachelors degrees, they work on Masters degrees, they go to college, they learn trades, they make art, they read, they watch TV, they take care of pets, they spend time with their loved ones...you know, they have normal lives with normal levels of activity. And yes, some of them exercise and diet while some don't, just as some skinny people exercise and diet while some don't. They have the right to decide which activities they're going to fill their lives with, and if you don't like it that's too damn bad, but that does not make anyone lazy. I challenge you to find a single study that correlates weight with laziness. And yes, before anyone points it out, I know I'm saying all this to an obvious troll, but if even one person who sincerely believes that fat people are lazy reads this, it'll have been worth my effort.

Edited for choice of words...then for spelling of those words.

[ @ ]joshduggarSign install & repairs tonight for Jon Woods @jwoods93 12h.

[ @ ]abbyis12 First like and comment 12h.

[ @ ]jnbholtfamily 1st like LOL!!! 12h

Kind of a douchbag swipe at a likely 12 year old leghumper. Not very "christian" of the holts!

Kind of a douchbag swipe at a likely 12 year old leghumper. Not very "christian" of the holts!

Not very subtle, or funny either, but sometimes older people can be very stiff-sounding on social media.

You'd think if Josh read here, he'd have clued in to the fact that he's been tagging the wrong Jon Woods awhile ago.

You'd also think that he'd follow people that he regularly "helps" with campaigns. If he followed that guy, he'd know he had the wrong person faster than an ice cube melts in a deep fat fryer!

I said most.

Still not even close, hon. Until I went on meds for anxiety and bipolar disorder in 2005 (thanks for reminding me of that component) AND the thyroid shut down in 2008, I weighed between 110-115 lbs. on a big-boned, but short frame. Think Rachael Ray in her 30's; I now resemble her in her 40's and she's supposedly running "5 miles a day." Even if we believe that, she's evidence that all the money in the world can't make you thin if you eat the shit you cook on the show (and her stuff is shit).

At least Smugs isn't disingenuous about his (poor) diet/exercise regime. Wretched Ray is a flat-out liar who is making millions hand over fist telling mothers to hide veggies in gloppy, fat and carb-laden casseroles. Come to think of it, if fundies had TV's and knew of her, they'd download her messipes en masse.

I eat the same now as I did on my wedding day (feel free to PM me for hot backless shots). At the time, I was 31 and "underweight" for my frame; I weighed about 105 and a size 2 in most clothing - the days when sizing was more consistent. Total trivia time: back in the 90's, This Old House did a remodel in San Francisco. The wife was a size 8 fit model for the Gap (when they still manufactured in the US). Girl was tall and thin, but not quite in the "willowy" category. Now? She'd be told to lose 10 lbs. to walk a runway.

Size 8 is now a vanity size in the real world, well American "real." I think I'm now plus sized in women's British sizing, but I generally buy men's tees for my football fan needs. :mrgreen:

Maybe it's time to use our distraction techniques. Maybe not the rainbow cakes because that would upset our troll because it's cake and very fattening.

Maybe it's time to use our distraction techniques. Maybe not the rainbow cakes because that would upset our troll because it's cake and very fattening.

I prefer the "ignore" technique.

I prefer the "ignore" technique.

Seconded.

Size 8 is now a vanity size in the real world, well American "real." I think I'm now plus sized in women's British sizing, but I generally buy men's tees for my football fan needs. :mrgreen:

Speaking of which, Marm: 21-3. :dance:

Guest Anonymous

Can anyone recommend a good light-weight makeup for fair, freckled and very dry skin?

And you are qualified to judge this how?

I agree! And honestly, I've never really understood the snark about the Duggars' diet and about Josh and Anna's weight. That's just not worthy of discussion here, for one thing. There are to many other more interesting issues to snark about here! The Duggars diet is basically one that is familiar to lots of people here in the south and I include myself and my large family when I was growing up (7 siblings). Our parents cooked foods that were easy and inexpensive to prepare and feed the multitudes! The Duggars who are at home all seem to be a healthy weight, active and energetic, and no physical complaints or ailments of which we are aware. Josh and Anna's weight gain I tend to think of as their equivalent of the "Freshman 15"! They are on their own and finding their way and the parents of two young toddlers - lots of adjustments! In a few years they'll be like a lot of the rest of us and ready to get serious about their weight, fitness and diet.

Can anyone recommend a good light-weight makeup for fair, freckled and very dry skin?

I use this: http://www.clinique.com/product/1599/52 ... index.tmpl in Shade 01. I have combination/oily skin, but the lady at the Clinique counter said that it can be used for combination/dry skin as well. I like it because it's lightweight and matches my skin tone (very fair) almost perfectly.

I use Bare Minerals (light medium); it is the best! Great coverage and great for your skin!

What does he think 30 minutes of exercise once a week will do for him? Josh, like most other fat people has zero discipline and self control.

What a joke.

I'm fat and I have plenty of self discipline. I go to the gym 4-5 times a week for 60 minutes at a time. I am pursuing two masters degrees. I cook most of our meals and count calories.

I'm sick and tired of being characterized as lazy and lacking self control. It must be nice to have a functioning thyroid and ovaries and never have issues losing weight. It must be nice to sit upon a throne and look down on others and judge them based on their body composition. I know plenty of lazy thin people who have zero self control over their food intake and never exercise, but they are blessed with an awesome metabolism. And when you look upon them you will judge them as being worthy of your respect because they are thin. When you look at me you will assume I'm a lazy and stupid pig who does nothing but sit on her butt and shovel food into her mouth.

I wish upon you a great deal of weight gain that you will never lose. That way you can be judged as you have judged.

Edited because I am still getting the hang of writing on my tablet.

I agree! And honestly, I've never really understood the snark about the Duggars' diet and about Josh and Anna's weight. That's just not worthy of discussion here, for one thing. There are to many other more interesting issues to snark about here! The Duggars diet is basically one that is familiar to lots of people here in the south and I include myself and my large family when I was growing up (7 siblings). Our parents cooked foods that were easy and inexpensive to prepare and feed the multitudes! The Duggars who are at home all seem to be a healthy weight, active and energetic, and no physical complaints or ailments of which we are aware. Josh and Anna's weight gain I tend to think of as their equivalent of the "Freshman 15"! They are on their own and finding their way and the parents of two young toddlers - lots of adjustments! In a few years they'll be like a lot of the rest of us and ready to get serious about their weight, fitness and diet.

Most of the comments have been about how not using canned foods is cheaper and more nutritious. Jim Bob is overweight and they have pointed that out on a couple of occasions.

If you're insecure about what you eat or what your parents used to make it's your issue. Decades ago eating canned foods was ok (no talks of BPA, etc). Only eating canned veggies and only every other meal when you have x acres of land and you homeschool and supposedly you're thrifty is hypocritical. If they had a garden they would save money, teach their kids a lot (photosynthesis, growing plants, nutrition) and have healthy food. They have enough children around to maintain a garden. They are representing themselves in a false way hence people here who criticize it.

I think snarking on food is much better than on weight per se. Anna is supposed to have been raised with all those skills to maintain a household but fact is she can't cook healthy food, she actually does not know what is health food.

Unless you have a great metabolism (and many studies show even then it always stop at some point) eating what Smuggar is posting on instagram will make you fat. If I were to eat like him, I'd put on weight.

I said most.

Sweetheart, I am 14 stones in weight, a UK size 18. I'm also a 1st dan karateka and the 2006 British Wadu Ryu Championship Ladies Kumite runner up.

You gonna tell me I'm lazy?

Archived