IGNORED

Breaking MAXWELL news/Liz cancelled the wedding to Joe

Lillybee

I couldn't resist

Dear Joseph:

The first days are the hardest days. Don't you worry any more.

--Roberta Weir

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fred deserves a special mention for fundie speak, although I did appreciate Britney!

Edit: Couldn't resist, posted again. Let's hope he doesn't ban me!

Aw man, my Bill W was not approved. I had advised them that some times in our lives we have all pain, we have sorrow. But if we are wise, we know that there's always tomorrow. And to lean on God when you're not strong, because He'll be your friend, He'll help you carry on! We all need Somebody to lean on! I had a Bible verse on there and everything.

:handgestures-thumbdown:

HAHA MY Rick Astley one got through!!! :lol:

Follower of Jesus on August 18, 2012 at 12:05 am said:

With trials like this I truly believe its God’s way of making us understand that he is never going to give us up, let us down or desert us. He might make us cry, or say goodbye, But, he is never going to tell a lie and hurt us! That I am most grateful for, HE knows whats in store and he is always there with a guiding hand.

:dance:

Aw man, my Bill W was not approved. I had advised them that some times in our lives we have all pain, we have sorrow. But if we are wise, we know that there's always tomorrow. And to lean on God when you're not strong, because He'll be your friend, He'll help you carry on! We all need Somebody to lean on! I had a Bible verse on there and everything.

:handgestures-thumbdown:

OMG. I would have loved to see that one go up! So sad that he rejected it.

HAHA MY Rick Astley one got through!!! :lol:

Follower of Jesus on August 18, 2012 at 12:05 am said:

With trials like this I truly believe its God’s way of making us understand that he is never going to give us up, let us down or desert us. He might make us cry, or say goodbye, But, he is never going to tell a lie and hurt us! That I am most grateful for, HE knows whats in store and he is always there with a guiding hand.

:dance:

:clap: Steve Maxwell has been RickRolled. I believe the game is truly over.

I also would have loved if that one went up.

I just had to explain to my headship, one who the maxwells are and all these lyrics. He is really disgusted by Steve. I don't see my husband angry very often but when I told him about Sarah and the adult kids and how he has ruined their lives he was mad.

I just had to explain to my headship, one who the maxwells are and all these lyrics. He is really disgusted by Steve. I don't see my husband angry very often but when I told him about Sarah and the adult kids and how he has ruined their lives he was mad.

I told Mr. Nokidsmom about the Maxwells this past week, what with the wedding cancellation thread going on. He was pretty amazed at how someone could go this far down the fundie rabbit hole and take his whole family with him. He also looked at me and said "this reminds me a lot of some other people I know." :(

Ok, so I will admit why I am so interested in the Maxwells. A few of the things they did / do with their family I also experienced with my own family while growing up. We weren't fundie (actually mainline Protestant). My parents were pretty religious and kept me and my sisters in a somewhat insular life. Dad hated TV and new technology. They were suspicious of our having friends and actually broke up a few friendships with friends they decided they didn't like. Kept my sisters at home past 30 (I got out at 24). At least they believed in our getting a decent education and we went to public school though they didn't like it but didn't have the money to send us to a proper "church school". I know my folks were doing what they thought best, but I sure Stevie thinks the same.

Anyway, back to our scheduled programming..... :)

What is also maddening is that his children thank him for it.

I went back and read Anna's post on why she wasn't going to go to college. I can practically see Steve standing over her shoulder as she was writing it. College isn't the right choice for everyone, however Anna had not choice to make. None of the Maxwell children have a choice in anything, their whole lives are all orchestrated by Steve and his ego. That fact that his children actively thank him for that is sad and demonstrates how effectively he has stripped them of their will.

Ooh, the whole college thing pisses me off! Steve and his helpmeet met in a college chem class and yet none of their children have that option. I'm sure he'd say something like "well, we weren't Christians back then so it's different." Steve - how is it different?!

He would say his kids all had a choice to go to college, but they chose not to. I think he has said that in response to a similar question before. I don't believe him, of course.

In his Preparing Sons book he talks about how Christopher wanted to train to be an EMT after graduating from high school, but after discussing it with Dear Old Dad decided it would not be a suitable job since he may have odd hours and have to partner up with a female. Of course, it was Christopher's decision. :roll:

He would say his kids all had a choice to go to college, but they chose not to. I think he has said that in response to a similar question before. I don't believe him, of course.

In his Preparing Sons book he talks about how Christopher wanted to train to be an EMT after graduating from high school, but after discussing it with Dear Old Dad decided it would not be a suitable job since he may have odd hours and have to partner up with a female. Of course, it was Christopher's decision. :roll:

Of course they have a choice!

A. Go to college/get married to spouse of choice/get a job and be shunned from the family.

B. Do whatever daddy tells you and remain our golden child forever.

He probably actually remembered that one from his wild days with AM radio playing in the background when he took Teri to wherever their Makeout Point was. :lol:

I think we can get them through if they're disco era or later.

Emmie: major ups for Jeri Garcia and Roberta Weir. I will get by...I will survive... :lol:

I'm always late to the party concerning these things, but I couldn't resist trying to still play along. If you notice a comment that sounds suspiciously like a Creed song, well, :whistle:

• 5 years later...
3 minutes ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

Whatever happened to Liz? Anybody know?

The whole family dropped the Maxwell brand of Fundie.  She married and has a baby.

:pb_lol:  I just got on the Maxhell subforum and saw this thread coming up with new posts and just for a moment thought the breaking news was about John and Chelsy! 

1 hour ago, kpmom said:

:pb_lol:  I just got on the Maxhell subforum and saw this thread coming up with new posts and just for a moment thought the breaking news was about John and Chelsy! 

So much less likely in their situation, I think C+J have had a lot more time to get to know each other and seem to genuinely like each other's company. I think Elizabeth must have realized at the last minute she was in over her head to someone she didn't know at all.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived