IGNORED

Breaking MAXWELL news/Liz cancelled the wedding to Joe

Lillybee

The engagement between Joseph and Elizabeth has been broken. I hope that Elizabeth has wised up and came to dread a future with the Maxwell cult.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was hoping to be the first to post it. Shucks!

Nothing on the Muncks' blog yet. Their last post was on Monday about a friend's wedding last weekend.

Wow. Just wow. How often do we hear of this happening in fundie circles. Maybe its time to get to know each other before committing to spend your lives together. More proof that courtship doesn't work and leaves just as many "pieces of your heart" behind as just plain old dating.

I wish I could say I am suprised, but I am not. This whole courtship/engagement/wedding came wwwaaayyyyy to fast. The poor girl had never even visited Kansas. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, her parents should have put the "breaks" on. I guess they were to "in love" with the Maxwells.

I find the title of Sarah's post rather interesting, "hearts are broken". I though this whole courtship "model" was to prevent "giving away pieces of your heart". I though their "hearts" were to stay intact until their wedding, so how can hearts be "broken"? The Maxwells in general aren't "doing" so well in the wedding dept. Two broken engagements, 30 yo SAHD, .......

Sorry Liz. You seem like a nice girl. I hope you find happiness. I wonder what Joe will do with his shinney new house.....

Aw, poor girl.

I broke off a much less public engagement and it was hard. I am sure they are both heartbroken. I wonder if she was starting to realize what she was getting into.

Ok I asked this on the other thread.

What is gonna happen with the house. Joe needs a replacement NOW.

He can rent out the house until he finds a replacement, oops, until the lord places it on some desperate woman's heart to be his wife and join the Maxwell cult.

This makes me so strangely happy, like knowing a close friend broke up with an asshole. It is so wonderful, to know that at least for a time she will still get holidays, a fun holiday tree, FUN, and a life with out The Maxwells controlling EVERYTHING. Here is hoping getting closer to the Maxwell's let the scary stuff start to show to this family and lead them to getting back to a normal world outside the crazy fundy world.

Ok I asked this on the other thread.

What is gonna happen with the house. Joe needs a replacement NOW.

I expect that work on the house will come to a screeching halt to give them time to grieve and process the situation. Once that happens Joe will slowly finish the work on the house on his own, so that by the time he's done he'll have another fiancee waiting in the wings.

I hate to laugh at a very tragic situation, but I am seriously snickering. First "God" tells them they are meant to be spouses, then "God" changes his mind.

Maybe Joe needs a new nickname for his penis :lol:

He can rent out the house until he finds a replacement, oops, until the lord places it on some desperate woman's heart to be his wife and join the Maxwell cult.

How happy do you think Rebecca!!!!!!!!!!! is? She would fill in, in a second. EKK.

She (like any woman in the world) deserves better than to be married to a fundie man.

This is proof that courting doesnt always save hearts from being broken, and that its better to get to know someone before deciding to marry them.

How happy do you think Rebecca!!!!!!!!!!! is? She would fill in, in a second. EKK.

She is EXACTLY who I was thinking of when I wrote that.

Maybe the poor kid tried to give an opinion about how she wanted her home to look, was ignored and realized that her only purpose to the Maxwell's was as an animated piece of interior decoration for Joseph

I hate to laugh at a very tragic situation, but I am seriously snickering. First "God" tells them they are meant to be spouses, then "God" changes his mind.

Maybe Joe needs a new nickname for his penis :lol:

:clap:

Maybe the poor kid tried to give an opinion about how she wanted her home to look, was ignored and realized that her only purpose to the Maxwell's was as an animated piece of interior decoration for Joseph

Maybe she or someone in her family let their fingers do the walking and they came here...

Hey, it could have happened!

mirele wrote:

Maybe she or someone in her family let their fingers do the walking and they came here...

Hey, it could have happened!

Or someone from the board got through to her or her family with warnings about the Maxwells?

I think that at first Elizabeth and her parents were thrilled with marrying into fundie royalty but after working with Steve about the house and the wedding came to realize how controlling he was and that caused them to break the engagement.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived