IGNORED

Happy Birthday, Steve Maxwell!

Guest purposing

Will he get frozen chocolate custard????

I predict that tomorrow Sarah will do another posting of Steve's birthday celebration and one of the pictures will be of the frozen chocolate custard.

Why is Steve holding that poor little child so awkwardly? What a strange picture to post on the blog for his birthday!

Why is Steve holding that poor little child so awkwardly?

To teach him who is in CONTROL. No crying or I'll hold you like a football so you learn to look up to Grandpa in every way....... Yes a really awkward photo for a birthday.

To teach him who is in CONTROL. No crying or I'll hold you like a football so you learn to look up to Grandpa in every way....... Yes a really awkward photo for a birthday.

At first I thought the baby was planking...!

Yeah, awkward. Teri's position behind him says it all, really.

Maybe coz the baby has colic? It's not a bad way to hold a kid.

Although the only thing I truly want to say is Don't choke on your animal cracker! I hear someone's pissed off you're micromanaging lives of others in his name. ;)

Maybe coz the baby has colic? It's not a bad way to hold a kid.

QFT. The baby's probably just gassy. However, one has to acknowledge the dominant god-fearing posture Stev-o is exhibiting in every.single.photo.

Steve looks well in that pic. I bet he's just happy he's finally seeing his brood grow again after a long hiatus. I wonder if he realizes people will start talking if all his daughters continue to stay unmarried?

Steve looks well in that pic. I bet he's just happy he's finally seeing his brood grow again after a long hiatus. I wonder if he realizes people will start talking if all his daughters continue to stay unmarried?

I get the feeling that Steve is going to marry off Anna and Mary. He is probably aware of some of the gossip regarding Sarah. Maybe he has come to accept that the chances of finding Sarah a husband are pretty slim. My prediction is that after Joe's wedding, he will then focus for awhile on helping arrange courtships for John and Jesse. Anna is 19 or 20, his goal will likely be to have her married off before she turns 25 or at the latest 28.

I had to go look at the photos before commenting. THe way Steve is holding his grandson is a good way to hold a child who has colic. My kids and all my grandchildren loved being held in that position, even the ones without colic.

That's the only way we could hold our daughter to stop her from crying in her first few weeks. We called it tiger in the tree.

Happy Birthday Steve, enjoy your buritos.

Teri looks utterly hopeless and defeated in that picture. Her body language is loud and clear.

Oh, what joy. Another year of the Maxwell King LORDING himself upon others. So much to celebrate. I hope he didn't get too excited before hand so that no one took away his gifts or attention.

That's the only way we could hold our daughter to stop her from crying in her first few weeks. We called it tiger in the tree.

Since we've seen the baby being held normally in many, many other pictures, they could have certainly taken a shot with Baby Maxwell (whose name I've forgotten). Earth to Sarah, you have a digital camera; you can actually delete pictures you don't like and select the BEST SHOT. You can even CROP and EDIT it!!!!111

As for Stevie, enjoy your animal cracker(s).

Nerdist reference or not? Sorry to sidetrack, just couldn't help myself.

Nerdist reference or not? Sorry to sidetrack, just couldn't help myself.

Lol, no, just a reference to their apparent affection for the rolled delight.

Enjoy your 2 animal crackers today. Don't have too much fun. :naughty:

God probably told him to get away from the family for a while and have some fun. Jackass! He needs a stiff drink and probably something else stiff.

many croutons and happy salad dressing to you, pp!

heck, i wish you an entire salad bar of birthday wishes!

bacon bits too, since you are the birthday boy.

p.s. i was drunk on a pint of whipped cream flavored vodka when i wrote that. i am celebrating for you.

do you feel my joyous spirit wishing you a happy birthday?

Is the fact Steve's special birthday picture includes the grandson but none of those pesky granddaughters significant? :lol:

Since we've seen the baby being held normally in many, many other pictures, they could have certainly taken a shot with Baby Maxwell (whose name I've forgotten). Earth to Sarah, you have a digital camera; you can actually delete pictures you don't like and select the BEST SHOT. You can even CROP and EDIT it!!!!111

As for Stevie, enjoy your animal cracker(s).

I think that they do not have the reflex to think that they can use older pics that have not been taken on the same day than the birthday day (btw why does steve gets his birthday on the real day and the mom and daughter don't?)

OK, not to defend Steve, but he's holding the baby in what is called a "football hold." When my son was a baby he was fussy and colicky and sometimes holding him this way soothed him. He loved it. I think the pressure on his tummy felt good.

Archived