IGNORED

Did Susanna Keller get married?/Suze pregnant {merged}

NJMom

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not friends with her, so I can't speak to whether her profile is gone or not, but if she is indeed getting domestic violence counseling, it may have been suggested that she deactivate or seriously lock down her page so that her abuser(s) can't contact or find her.

Rebekah is the one who is still a conservative Christian but no longer follows a fundamentalist lifestyle.

Esther is the one who spent a couple weeks in Africa doing missionary work. She's the one who is still toeing the fundie lifestyle.

Esther and the entire family schlepped over to Africa not long ago. Waller wrote about it on his blog and I made a thread about it at the time.

Esther and the entire family schlepped over to Africa not long ago. Waller wrote about it on his blog and I made a thread about it at the time.

Yes Esther is the spawn who lived in the poptop camper only to be blessed when a parishioner of her husbands gave them a home to live in. Has the Shrader brood left on their mission yet?

• 3 weeks later...

Susanna doesn't have her Google Picasa account now, but she does have her Facebook page back again. I wonder where she's living and how she's doing..or even if she's working. She mentioned on her page that both Priscilla and her sister Esther are expecting (would this be Esther's 8th child?), but she also said she hadn't talked to "one sister in awhile". I wonder if she meant Anna or Esther? I had assumed she was living with Rebeckah again but I don't know if this is true.

I wonder if she will keep the baby or give her up to adoption/Rebeckah? Tough call-raising a baby in poverty by youself or giving up your baby & having a shot at getting out of poverty. Poor sweetheart-really feel for her.

According to her FB page Esther is preggers too.

I couldn't find that post and I'm about to shut it down for the night. I'll take your word for it. AFAIK, the Shraders are still in Africa. Not that her medical care there would be any better than they could get living in a camper, ostensibly with no medical insurance in the States.

eta for those who can't get on Suze's FB (not sure of her privacy settings...she friended me ages ago), she says she has 3 1/2 months to go, so we're looking at what, mid-January? I hope it comes a little early; I go back to school on 1/9.

I'll go in the baby pool for Jan. 8th. Both of Anna's came a little early, maybe it's genetic. :mrgreen:

I couldn't find that post and I'm about to shut it down for the night. I'll take your word for it. AFAIK, the Shraders are still in Africa. Not that her medical care there would be any better than they could get living in a camper, ostensibly with no medical insurance in the States.

It's almost at the bottom of the comments under the sonogram.

Got it. Too lazy to open a link with 44 responses to wade through.

Interesting that Esther doesn't have Suze listed as family in her tree, but has BILs and SILs. Things that make you go hmmm....

Got it. Too lazy to open a link with 44 responses to wade through.

Interesting that Esther doesn't have Suze listed as family in her tree, but has BILs and SILs. Things that make you go hmmm....

For you my dear.

All I know is Priscilla and Esther Shrader!

I wonder if she will keep the baby or give her up to adoption/Rebeckah? Tough call-raising a baby in poverty by youself or giving up your baby & having a shot at getting out of poverty. Poor sweetheart-really feel for her.

That babydaddy needs to pay child support! The money goes through Friend of the Court, so Suze won't have to see him if she doesn't want to.

Shraders aren't in Africa yet. They went without the kids for a couple weeks several months ago, but are waiting for other people to cough up the $$$ for the whole family to go. They did finally sell their house , so I would assume they are now living in the camper until they go.

I hope Suse is back living with Rebekah and working. Hopefully she'll take some time to get her head on straight before she jumps back into a relationship with the next guy.

I think the person in that post might have been talking about Anna. Anna and Priscilla do look pretty similar so the guy might have confused them. If that's the case then Suze hasn't spoken to Anna in a while.

It does look like she might have broken off the engagement since she hasn't posted anything regarding her engagement. Then again, didn't someone say she posted her status as "single"?

Hard not to forget how the babydaddy posted while driving and professing his undying love for his spawn and girlfriend. I think he also posted a photo of the engagement ring as well. I do hope Susanna kept the ring and sold it.

I am so glad Suze left that guy who got her got her pregnant. She reminds me a little bit of my mother so I really feel concerned for her. Abusers know how to spot victims and I have no doubt that her last boyfriend was abusive in some way. The way it happened with my mom is that she had an abusive father (although fairly typical for the 50s), and then an abusive boyfriend. Then she met my dad who was "only" verbally abusive so that seemed like a step up to her. He got her pregnant and then she felt like she had to stick with him because of it. Eventually she did get out but it took about 20 years. It really gives me hope that Suze got out without even marrying him.

I know this is bad etiquette to say so close to the due date, but I really wish that abortion had been an option for Suze. A baby will be here soon and no, I wouldn't just tell that kid that she should never exist. But being a single parent will be hard enough for her, and her ex will definitely use the kid to manipulate and control Suze. Maybe Suze wouldn't have chosen abortion even if she didn't consider it sinful murder, but at least it would have really been her own choice.

As for the platypus thing a few pages back, I'll give my linguistics nerd take on it. Using the -i for a plural is a rule that comes from Latin, but platypus is a Greek word just like Pegasus and octopus. To be "authentic", the plural would be platypodes. I prefer playpuses. However, I am a hardcore descriptivist so platypi is acceptable because people use and understand it. Sometimes it feels weird to use a Latin conjugation on a Greek word, but in the end it's all English now.

• 4 weeks later...

It's been a few weeks, does anyone know what happened to Susanna? I'm not her FB friend, maybe someone here is and can fill us in on how she is doing.

I checked in a few days ago and she's doing well. It sounds like she's back with Rebekah. She said something about being the one who really supports her, but she's still in close contact with the brother and Candace. Still lists Shrader BIL and a few Shrader relatives as friends; Shrader's sister is about as far along as Suze (26 or so weeks).

Not sure how supportive the Shraders or Wallers really are, but it doesn't appear Suze has any contact with her parents or Anna. She is NOT FB friends with Smuggar (yes, he still has a FB page).

Well, no one said family relationships were uncomplicated.

I feel like Anna would have been more supportive if not for Smugly. You shouldn't forget your family, no matter who you marry :/

I just don't understand the whole 'shunning' thing. Aren't they supposed to forgive and all that?

I'm glad Suze is getting a lot of support from Rebekah, Candice, and Daniel. The fact that she didn't mention anything about Anna, makes me wonder if Anna and Smugs does not support Suze's lifestyle. It's one thing to not approve of it but it's another to shun them from your life, completely. Didn't Suze say she hasn't talked to Anna in a while?

I just hope Anna and Smuggar and the Duggar family use Suze's situation as an example of what happens when a girl leaves home early and unmarried.

That babydaddy needs to pay child support! The money goes through Friend of the Court, so Suze won't have to see him if she doesn't want to.

Probably not--even if ordered. He can always do cash work and avoid it like tons of others do.

I would hope Josh and Anna would be friendly since Amy & Deanna were not disowned,but who knows. Not friendly like have her on the show (well now that I think about it that MIGHT boost ratings with some people and show how "christian" they are--and might earn Suze some money for the short term)

Archived